hmp10

Founding Member
Verified Owner
Cars
Model S Plaid, Odyssey
DE Number
Referral Code
033M4EXG
I continue to be amazed by how overtly biased many reviewers are against Lucid in favor of Tesla. In the video below the reviewer undertook to compare the rear seat room of the Lucid Air to that of the Tesla Model S. To do so, he ran the front seat of the Lucid all the way back. But in the Tesla he ran the front seat all the way forward which, of course, was the only way to get close to supporting his claim that the Tesla was as roomy as the Air in the rear.

Here's the Lucid rear seat test, in which the front seat is not only run all the way back, but set to a significant incline:

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 11.38.17 AM.png

And here's the rear of the Tesla set up for the same test. Not only is the front seat run all the way forward, but it is at a lesser incline:

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 11.40.50 AM.png

We own both a Tesla Model S Plaid and a Lucid Air Dream. Trust me. With the Tesla driver seat in that position, only a small child could get behind the steering yoke. When I set the driver seat in each car to my preferred driving position, there is 9.5 inches more legroom in the rear of the Lucid than the Tesla.

In fact, with four adults in the car, the comfort race is not even close. The Lucid absolutely destroys the Tesla. We no longer use the Tesla when carrying people in the rear seat. But when we did (before the Air arrived), I would run the front passenger seat far forward to accommodate the person on that side of the rear, to the point that my head could almost touch the transverse rail over the windshield. In the Air, there is no need. Front and rear passengers can comfortably stretch out.

I continue to be amazed by how overtly biased many reviewers are against Lucid in favor of Tesla. In the video below the reviewer undertook to compare the rear seat room of the Lucid Air to that of the Tesla Model S. To do so, he ran the front seat of the Lucid all the way back. But in the Tesla he ran the front seat all the way forward which, of course, was the only way to get close to supporting his claim that the Tesla was as roomy as the Air in the rear.

Here's the Lucid rear seat test, in which the front seat is not only run all the way back, but set to a significant incline:

View attachment 19078

And here's the rear of the Tesla set up for the same test. Not only is the front seat run all the way forward, but it is at a lesser incline:

View attachment 19079

We own both a Tesla Model S Plaid and a Lucid Air Dream. Trust me. With the Tesla driver seat in that position, only a small child could get behind the steering yoke. When I set the driver seat in each car to my preferred driving position, there is 9.5 inches more legroom in the rear of the Lucid than the Tesla.

In fact, with four adults in the car, the comfort race is not even close. The Lucid absolutely destroys the Tesla. We no longer use the Tesla when carrying people in the rear seat. But when we did (before the Air arrived), I would run the front passenger seat far forward to accommodate the person on that side of the rear, to the point that my head could almost touch the transverse rail over the windshield. In the Air, there is no need. Front and rear passengers can comfortably stretch out.

I wouldn't even bother to watch his review. Everyday Chris has been a Tesla fanboy for a long time and thus his review is and will be biased.

I've never seen a review complain about the back seat space in a Lucid, It's always been praised. It's frustrating to see what people will do for clicks \ likes.

What a clown, imagine being that desperate 🤣

When we test drove both of them back to back, that was the first thing we remarked at. Anybody saying the Model S has more space is simply lying to themselves.

Friday morning comment section raid! Let's do it people!

j/k but seriously.

I've never seen a review complain about the back seat space in a Lucid, It's always been praised. It's frustrating to see what people will do for clicks \ likes.

That's the odd thing. He actually did praise the Lucid for its back seat space. But we see what he then had to do to keep Tesla in the game.

What a clown, imagine being that desperate 🤣

When we test drove both of them back to back, that was the first thing we remarked at. Anybody saying the Model S has more space is simply lying to themselves.

He didn't go so far as to say the Tesla had more room (except for headroom, which is also not true). I think he was just struggling not to show Tesla's interior packaging for what it really is -- nothing to write home about.

I wouldn't even bother to watch his review. Everyday Chris has been a Tesla fanboy for a long time and thus his review is and will be biased.

I don't really watch some of these videos to glean information about the cars. I watch them more to get a sense for how Lucid is being treated in the media compared to other brands -- particularly Tesla, as I own both brands and can gauge fairness pretty well.

To not compare apples to apples just proves how insecure they are, it only confirms that they know lucid will be the leader of the e.v. market in the near future. Quality matters not quantity. If people only looked into lucids future plans they would realize this. With the backing they have from forward looking investors there future is so bright you just have to wear sunglasses!

The rear seat is definitely more comfortable in the GT. However, the low roof line makes it challenging getting in and out of the Air without hitting your head. I’m used to it now at 6’3 but many passengers, regardless of height getting in or out of the seats, always seem to bang their head lol.

“ Quiet Riot”

Back