Baby car seat fits?

Rogi

Hi all, I am about to finalize getting my Lucid Air Pure. Super excited. But I ran into a video online saying that a rear facing baby car seat carrier can’t be placed directly into the car with the carrying handle up because of the low roof. Instead, the handle needs to be folded down first. Not a deal breaker, but would be kind of annoying:

Anyone have experience getting a rear facing car seat in and out of the Lucid Air? I’ve got a Nuna Pipa

Thanks!

I can confirm this. A different workaround is tilting car seat at an uncomfortable angle to get it in. Ok without baby, not possible with

On plus side the rear doors open 90 degrees. Makes loading and unloading super easy

Hi all, I am about to finalize getting my Lucid Air Pure. Super excited. But I ran into a video online saying that a rear facing baby car seat carrier can’t be placed directly into the car with the carrying handle up because of the low roof. Instead, the handle needs to be folded down first. Not a deal breaker, but would be kind of annoying:

Anyone have experience getting a rear facing car seat in and out of the Lucid Air? I’ve got a Nuna Pipa

Thanks!
No problem at all, I had the Pipa, it’s not really much trouble to pull it out, you can easily fold down the handle for it, just make sure the stabilizing foot is secure on the base. Plus if you’ve got the Minu folding stroller that fits in the frunk perfectly and then you can plop the Pipa onto that. I’ve done many road trips in this thing with the car seat/stroller and it’s easy because those 90 degree opening doors plus the frunk help a lot. Plus that deep flat floor has SUV like room which is good for the keeping the baby bag handy. You’re also going to want this seat cover to protect the seat! Lusso Gear Car Seat Protector for Baby Car Seat (Tan) https://a.co/d/gR9gEMT

Thanks for all the info! Good to know the car seat won’t be a problem.

Any other baby related issues with that car that I should be aware of?

Yeah make a tidal playlist of songs they like! Also get some sort of easily washable floor mats you can hose down, like the 3D Mats ones. Also it’s good to keep a bag of detailing supplies and microfiber towels in the trunk, it’s come in handy for a couple surprise pukings!

Literally joined to ask questions like this. We're in final stages of deciding on a car - Bunny you'd say Nuna Pipa goes in fine, minor annoyance at best with the handle? So far we're really excited about the full 90 degree door opening as a big bonus and the frunk + trunk space is amazing.

I just tested a Clek Foonf carseat, both rear-facing and front-facing with an Air Pure, and can confirm that it fits with no issues. However, the Foonf is not one that gets clicked into place and removed; it is not an infant car seat. It is the kind that you install in the car and leave it there until you're ready to either reconfigure or remove. But it's also an absolute tank and grows with a kid for quite a while, once they outgrow their infant car seat.

Thought I would update this thread with a note that it is EASY as pie to get the infant car seat and base in here. We went right for top of the line with NUNA PIPA Rx (unfortunately aren't stocking the PIPA Lite Rx right now).

Focused more on the car than the car seat, but the ability to go full 90 degree door opening makes it WILDLY easy to get the car seat in and out. Also makes it way easier to get a pregnant or in-labor wife in and out. Outstanding performance by the Air today.

Thought I would update this thread with a note that it is EASY as pie to get the infant car seat and base in here. We went right for top of the line with NUNA PIPA Rx (unfortunately aren't stocking the PIPA Lite Rx right now).

Focused more on the car than the car seat, but the ability to go full 90 degree door opening makes it WILDLY easy to get the car seat in and out. Also makes it way easier to get a pregnant or in-labor wife in and out. Outstanding performance by the Air today.

I have had a different experience. I have the Nuna Pipa lite rx. It’s pretty easy to get in with the handle down, but I cant get it in with the handle up and the base installed. This isn’t a problem if I’m moving the car seat to and from a stroller, but if I am going to be carrying the car seat, then after I take it out, I have to put it down on the ground, then rotate the handle up and pick it up. It’s a bit annoying.

As for the 90° doors, they are nice if there is actually space to open them 90°. But if I’m parked next to another car in a parking lot, there’s no way they’re going to open that far out. the way the doors are designed, if you can’t open them 90°, there is actually less space to get the car seat through than there would be in a normal sedan.

The last annoying thing is that the bright door light shines directly into the baby’s eyes when they are in a rear facing car seat. I had to put blackout tape over it.

I have had a different experience. I have the Nuna Pipa lite rx. It’s pretty easy to get in with the handle down, but I cant get it in with the handle up and the base installed. This isn’t a problem if I’m moving the car seat to and from a stroller, but if I am going to be carrying the car seat, then after I take it out, I have to put it down on the ground, then rotate the handle up and pick it up. It’s a bit annoying.

As for the 90° doors, they are nice if there is actually space to open them 90°. But if I’m parked next to another car in a parking lot, there’s no way they’re going to open that far out. the way the doors are designed, if you can’t open them 90°, there is actually less space to get the car seat through than there would be in a normal sedan.

The last annoying thing is that the bright door light shines directly into the baby’s eyes when they are in a rear facing car seat. I had to put blackout tape over it.
That's weird with the handle. I just walked out to the parking lot to check that and I have the handle up and it just goes in and out, voila. Maybe I've got some magical technique I don't understand.

Yeah of course on the door being able to open you need space. That's not unique to this car though. All my friends over the past year in a variety of vehicles have talked about that pain point.

Thanks for the heads up on the light, I'll have to look into that. Baby is still on his way at this exact moment, LOL So all my testing and moving is with the seat itself empty.

Yeah make a tidal playlist of songs they like! Also get some sort of easily washable floor mats you can hose down, like the 3D Mats ones. Also it’s good to keep a bag of detailing supplies and microfiber towels in the trunk, it’s come in handy for a couple surprise pukings!
Anything particularly effective you like to keep the leather nice and clean?

Anything particularly effective you like to keep the leather nice and clean?
Chemical guys leather cleaner (NOT the liquid leather). It works very well on the Lucid leather. I always keep a bottle of it and microfiber towel and paper towels in the car, it’s saved permanent stains repeatedly.

Do we have a new arrival today???

Thanks for all the info! Good to know the car seat won’t be a problem.

Any other baby related issues with that car that I should be aware of?
Just a thought. My grandkids are currently rear facing and my kids have used mirrors attached to the headrests so they can see the kids. If you don't have these, various versions are readily available.

Alrighty, have got a week of car seat with a baby usage out of this thing so far.

I stand by how easy it is. There is a bit of technique, but it's so smooth now it's amazing. You put car seat in perpendicular to car, and when you're hovering over the base, turn it parallel and bam it clicks in nicely.

I'm definitely on the lookout for end of row spots with the right side open to get the door all the way.

Also LOVING ability to get entire stroller in trunk and then anything we buy in the trunk lower compartment or in the frunk.

Alrighty, have got a week of car seat with a baby usage out of this thing so far.

I stand by how easy it is. There is a bit of technique, but it's so smooth now it's amazing. You put car seat in perpendicular to car, and when you're hovering over the base, turn it parallel and bam it clicks in nicely.

I'm definitely on the lookout for end of row spots with the right side open to get the door all the way.

Also LOVING ability to get entire stroller in trunk and then anything we buy in the trunk lower compartment or in the frunk.
Congrats!!!

Congrats on the new baby!!

Back