Rear Seatbelts

franco5645

Cars
Lucid Air Touring,
Has anyone had retractor problems with the rear seatbelts? When a passenger sits in the rear seat and is buckled in and they then try to lean forward to adjust climate control or grab something on the floor the seatbelt cam locks in place and the passenger can not move. There is insufficient slack to lean back and release the cam and as a result the person is “locked in place”. The only option is to unbuckle, retract the belt to the stowed position and then buckle in again. This happens on either side and has occurred with a variety of passengers. Service has been terrific in trying to help but says the belts are working as expected.

I’ve never had anyone report this from my back seats. They do lock in, as all seatbelts do, when the car starts moving. But mine have always released okay when someone wanted to adjust.

Unless I’m in the middle of a launch at the time.

I really wish the seat belts would stop chiming after a few seconds. Especially in the back. I have passengers sometimes that cannot buckle their seatbelts in the back or don’t want to plug them in. It’s annoying to keep having the seatbelt alarm keep going and you can’t mute it or stop it. No other cars I’ve owned have this. I wish Lucid would make this an option in the menu.

I really wish the seat belts would stop chiming after a few seconds. Especially in the back. I have passengers sometimes that cannot buckle their seatbelts in the back or don’t want to plug them in. It’s annoying to keep having the seatbelt alarm keep going and you can’t mute it or stop it. No other cars I’ve owned have this. I wish Lucid would make this an option in the menu.
Seatbelts in the back are required by law in most US states. This is likely a new car trend rather than a Lucid thing. There are options like seatbelt extenders to make them more accessible, but someone just not wanting to buckle in would get them kicked straight out of my car.

Yeah, this is unlikely to change. My suggestion, if people really don’t want to buckle up, is to get extenders and just permanently “click” them into place. Will silence the warnings.

But if it were my car, these folks would be welcome to call an Uber.

Has anyone had retractor problems with the rear seatbelts? When a passenger sits in the rear seat and is buckled in and they then try to lean forward to adjust climate control or grab something on the floor the seatbelt cam locks in place and the passenger can not move. There is insufficient slack to lean back and release the cam and as a result the person is “locked in place”. The only option is to unbuckle, retract the belt to the stowed position and then buckle in again. This happens on either side and has occurred with a variety of passengers. Service has been terrific in trying to help but says the belts are working as expected.
I've had the same issue. The passenger has to unbuckle, pull it all the way out (to reset) and then re-buckle. Sometimes it takes several tries. I agree, it happens with different people and it is not 100% of the time.

Back