• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Here’s a new one

Sorry, here’s the unpleasant picture
Yikes! Did they confirm there was an active pulling of the seatbelt? I didn't even know they had anything in them besides the normal mechanical catch.

Sorry, here’s the unpleasant picture
Sorry to hear/see that, this looks very bad. I better not tell the wife but so far the seats show whether one of us is or is not wearing a seatbelt. I hope she recovers quickly and without any scars.

This sounded like the car thought an accident was about to happen and tightened the seatbelt but went way above and beyond normal . It is good that you have the photo and we now know about where they have the sensor AND they will hopefully be doing more research into this incident.

Yikes! Did they confirm there was an active pulling of the seatbelt? I didn't even know they had anything in them besides the normal mechanical catch.
The logs indicated that there was not any active pulling of the seatbelts and she doesn’t recall any tightening. And she is fine. Bruise almost healed.

Sorry to hear/see that, this looks very bad. I better not tell the wife but so far the seats show whether one of us is or is not wearing a seatbelt. I hope she recovers quickly and without any scars.

This sounded like the car thought an accident was about to happen and tightened the seatbelt but went way above and beyond normal . It is good that you have the photo and we now know about where they have the sensor AND they will hopefully be doing more research into this incident.
I can assure you they will be doing more research. This one I’m not going to let go till I’m comfortable it won’t happen again.

I had a service technician come out to address this along with the trunk not fully opening all the time along with a steering wheel creak and Tidal continuously cutting out. In reverse order, nothing to be done about Tidal - hopefully another OTA increases cellular bandwidth which seems to be the problem. It mostly happens with Dolby Atmos. As far as the steering wheel creek, he heard it and says it’s happening all the time. I did not have the creak for first 2,000 miles. He said he could order another steering wheel chassis but that same problem might occur (and he would be taking it from the production line). He also said Lucid is working on a more permanent solution that he hopes is ready in a few months. I told him I could live with the creak until the solution is ready. He tried to reset the trunk mechanism but that did not fix the problem. Now for the seat belt fiasco. I showed him the picture of my wife’s arm (attached). Like me, he was stumped. He thought the car not recognizing my wife in passenger seat was because she wasn’t sitting in it properly. The sensors are only in the square base of the seat. We were able to recreate that scenario but it wasn’t like she was sitting on the floor or armrest. He then spoke to engineering and looked at the logs when it happened. (In the meantime I put 70lbs of weights right on the square base and the car never recognized them (manual says it is triggered at 52lbs.) He called yesterday to say the logs did not show the seat belt tightening while she was being “attacked” so didn’t think the car’s lack of recognizing her had anything to do with the seat belt issue. He was coming out again next week to “educate her on how to sit in the seat”. I sort of lost it with him and told him I don’t care how she sits in the seat, she shouldn’t get hurt by the seat belt mechanism and I didn’t care what the engineers said. At a minimum, they should replace the mechanism and seat belt clasp if they can’t figure anything else out. She will not get in the car unless she puts a jean jacket on her left arm. I’m convinced there is an issue with the seat sensors and the way the seat belt is reacting to it. But the car is being towed anyway so hopefully they can figure it all out at the service center 130 miles away. I’m not expecting to see it again for several weeks.
“educate her on how to sit in the seat” WOW!

I can assure you they will be doing more research. This one I'm not going to let go till I’m comfortable it
If I were you I would report this to the NHTSA (Nation.al Highway Traffic Safety Administration) even if you get resolution from Lucid. You have Bonafide evidence of an injury caused by a design or operation of a motor vehicle. It might result in a recall to fix. I'm sure others may have experienced this but not reported it. This problem is reminiscent of the Takata air bag problem. Lucid should also be proactive to get to the bottom of it.

If I were you I would report this to the NHTSA (Nation.al Highway Traffic Safety Administration) even if you get resolution from Lucid. You have Bonafide evidence of an injury caused by a design or operation of a motor vehicle. It might result in a recall to fix. I'm sure others may have experienced this but not reported it. This problem is reminiscent of the Takata air bag problem. Lucid should also be proactive to get to the bottom of it.
So sorry to hear of this scary incident (and the one with the seat belt, too). I appreciate members using this space to encourage the recognition that a safety issue like this can effect the greater population. I know nothing of the procedures the NHTSA would take but in Lucid’s case I hope they proactively pull out all the stops to get to the bottom of it. Please keep us informed.

That seems a little rash given that there has never, ever been another report of it.

Thanks for sharing.

Just trying to understand a little more. What occurred? The belt moved position and rubbed against her arm as it laid on top of the belt? Trying to picture what occurred. As I have a few creative sitters in the family.

My thought exactly. I would not have been pleased with such a comment.
Thanks for those thoughts guys. I feel the same way with what here are considered trivial issues.

Just because YOU say your tolerance is X does not make it OK for me. 😂

Thanks for sharing.

Just trying to understand a little more. What occurred? The belt moved position and rubbed against her arm as it laid on top of the belt? Trying to picture what occurred. As I have a few creative sitters in the family.
We can’t quite figure it out. It seems that somehow the skin on her arm got caught between the seat belt and the seat belt clasp. 3 times. Seems hard to imagine and I was there. I can only think somehow the seat belt and clasp loosened enough for her skin to get in there but I’m truly bewildered.

That seems a little rash given that there has never, ever been another report of it.
As I said in both threads, I’m not going to NHTSA at this point. I’ll let Lucid do it’s investigation and then we’ll see what comes out of it. I have zero reason to doubt their credibility.

As I said in both threads, I’m not going to NHTSA at this point. I’ll let Lucid do it’s investigation and then we’ll see what comes out of it. I have zero reason to doubt their credibility.
Despite attempts by several commentators on this thread to dissuade you from reporting this incident to the NHTSA, I urge you to report this incident. Your wife suffered a serious injury and someone else who may have used this seat belt by this manufacturer in their car may have experienced the same or similar injury. If this manufacturer's seatbelt has a systemic defect it will already be in the NHTSA database of safety reports. Even Lucid recommends that you report injuries to NHTSA in their owners manual on page 211. Your report will get their attention as they are tuned to reports that result in injury. There is no harm doing this. I have report several safety reports to NHTSA. Your report may help prevent someone from being injured if NHTSA decides to take action.

Two questions, in reverse order of importance - 1) Has anyone noticed that if front passenger does not put seat belt on that there is no indication of that other than when you put your foot on the brake that the driver’s side shows a green check mark but nothing on passenger side? I would have expected beeps or flashing lights or something. My wife always has her seat belt on so I didn’t notice till tonight when she was afraid to put the seat belt on which leads to - 2) Anyone experience a situation when the front passenger fastens their seatbelt and then in a matter of a minute or two is in excruciating pain from the seatbelt/seatbelt holder pinching the skin so hard it almost draws blood? This happened 3 times in 3 minutes where I had to pull off the road and unclasp the seat belt as she was screaming in pain. I could not recreate in garage and seems too bizarre to even consider how it could have occurred. I’m wondering if the 2 questions are somehow connected. Once and I would have thought she put the seatbelt on incorrectly but by the third time I was thinking the car’s seat belt mechanism was somehow going crazy. I have a tech coming out on Thursday for a few miscellaneous items including changing the look of my 19” rims like @pam4_AGT so I’ll have them take a look but wondering if anyone else experienced anything remotely similar. Thanks.
Often times the sensor doesn't register someone sitting in the back seat. Occurs at all three positions. People are all over 100lbs. Technicians can't find anything.
I sat in the back seat one time and while the car was moving at a constant speed or at a standstill, my seatbelt wouldnt relax to allow me to lean forward. I had to disconnect the seatbelt to temporarily fix the problem. It kept recurring throughout the ride. Technicians couldn't find anything.

Looking at this strictly from engineering point so bear with it. The person appears to be facing away from camera. This is under the right arm? I am at a loss to see how in the passenger seat a seat belt can suddenly tighten and pull the skin from under the arm. A seat belt on passenger side should be over the right shoulder so a burn mark should be on the right shoulder or chest?
Even if I have it reversed, I don't understand how it would affect the under left arm? It would be wrapped around the left chest causing a burned left rib cage or mid-sternal area. What do you think happened here?

He called yesterday to say the logs did not show the seat belt tightening while she was being “attacked” so didn’t think the car’s lack of recognizing her had anything to do with the seat belt issue. He was coming out again next week to “educate her on how to sit in the seat”. I sort of lost it with him and told him I don’t care how she sits in the seat, she shouldn’t get hurt by the seat belt mechanism and I didn’t care what the engineers said. At a minimum, they should replace the mechanism and seat belt clasp if they can’t figure anything else out. She will not get in the car unless she puts a jean jacket on her left arm. I’m convinced there is an issue with the seat sensors and the way the seat belt is reacting to it. But the car is being towed anyway so hopefully they can figure it all out at the service center 130 miles away. I’m not expecting to see it again for several weeks.
I completely agree with you. User error is the standard BS answer when service folks don't know what caused a problem. Escalate!

Why did a thread from nearly a year ago get resurrected? People should really look at the date a post was made before responding...

Back