Here’s a new one

Pete44

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Lucid AGT, Tesla S 90D
Two questions, in reverse order of importance - 1) Has anyone noticed that if front passenger does not put seat belt on that there is no indication of that other than when you put your foot on the brake that the driver’s side shows a green check mark but nothing on passenger side? I would have expected beeps or flashing lights or something. My wife always has her seat belt on so I didn’t notice till tonight when she was afraid to put the seat belt on which leads to - 2) Anyone experience a situation when the front passenger fastens their seatbelt and then in a matter of a minute or two is in excruciating pain from the seatbelt/seatbelt holder pinching the skin so hard it almost draws blood? This happened 3 times in 3 minutes where I had to pull off the road and unclasp the seat belt as she was screaming in pain. I could not recreate in garage and seems too bizarre to even consider how it could have occurred. I’m wondering if the 2 questions are somehow connected. Once and I would have thought she put the seatbelt on incorrectly but by the third time I was thinking the car’s seat belt mechanism was somehow going crazy. I have a tech coming out on Thursday for a few miscellaneous items including changing the look of my 19” rims like @pam4_AGT so I’ll have them take a look but wondering if anyone else experienced anything remotely similar. Thanks.

My passenger seatbelt dings and stays as a red seat when my wife doesn't put her seatbelt on. It makes that annoying as hell bing bing noise until she fastens it. The choking thing...never even heard of that in any car. The seatbelts as far as I can tell are mechanical like every other car.

My passenger seatbelt dings and stays as a red seat when my wife doesn't put her seatbelt on. It makes that annoying as hell bing bing noise until she fastens it. The choking thing...never even heard of that in any car. The seatbelts as far as I can tell are mechanical like every other car.
Thanks. It is bizarre that her seat belt warning did not turn on. I agree the seatbelts seem to be like any other car. But maybe the two are linked somehow.

Same here.

Same here.

Yes there should be an annoying warning chime when the passenger doesn’t buckle up but it doesn’t start until the car is decently in motion, maybe faster than 15 mph or so. And then it turns off when you slow or stop.

But the seatbelt problem you describe? Gosh that sounds absolutely terrible. Never heard of nor experienced that before.

please tell me this is not true as my wife would never ride the car ever again if this happened to her. did you get a chance to video the incident?

please tell me this is not true as my wife would never ride the car ever again if this happened to her. did you get a chance to video the incident?
I did not. Happened way too quickly. I do have a picture of my wife’s arm post event. Not a pretty sight. Huge black and blues. Part of me thinks she did something wrong putting on seat belt but she’s done it probably a hundred times by now. Plus the lack of seatbelt warning has me wondering. Will report what if anything I hear from service. I’d volunteer to be guinea pig but she’s never driven the Lucid or any other electric car. Think I’ll use the service technician instead!

Agreed. It’s shocking. Like a Final Destination type of event. No matter how ‘incorrectly’ she applied the seatbelt, this isn’t something that should ever happen in my opinion.

@Pete44 - Your car is Zenith Red, right? Just asking....
il_794xN.2967131449_dqko.jpg

In all seriousness, that sounds like something is horribly malfunctioning and the seatbelt definitely needs to be looked at by Lucid. Hope your wife is okay.

@Pete44 - Your car is Zenith Red, right? Just asking....
View attachment 3386

In all seriousness, that sounds like something is horribly malfunctioning and the seatbelt definitely needs to be looked at by Lucid. Hope your wife is okay.
Funny Christine was the first thing I thought of as well. I have never heard of such a thing

Even the rear passengers must put on seat belts or else the sound won’t go away. I guess this is California law requirement???

Even the rear passengers must put on seat belts or else the sound won’t go away. I guess this is California law requirement???
Fun fact, a 7 yr old (45 lbs) + booster does not trigger the seatbelt alarm

Fun fact, a 7 yr old (45 lbs) + booster does not trigger the seatbelt alarm
Mmmm… there has to be sensor somewhere, maybe booster has gap doesn’t hit the seat cushion?

Mmmm… there has to be sensor somewhere, maybe booster has gap doesn’t hit the seat cushion?
Possible! I just know my twins sitting in the back doesn't trigger it, nor does the car seat in the center

Possible! I just know my twins sitting in the back doesn't trigger it, nor does the car seat in the center
My daughter in the rear seat complained for annoyance. I told her, it’s just California ride thing. I wondered if there is any switch to turn off sensor. Anyway, I found out in other countries, when I was traveling in England and France, taxi and Uber drivers would tell us to wear seat belts in the back as require by the laws.

My daughter in the rear seat complained for annoyance. I told her, it’s just California ride thing. I wondered if there is any switch to turn off sensor. Anyway, I found out in other countries, when I was traveling in England and France, taxi and Uber drivers would tell us to wear seat belts in the back as require by the laws.
How much does she weigh?

I had a service technician come out to address this along with the trunk not fully opening all the time along with a steering wheel creak and Tidal continuously cutting out. In reverse order, nothing to be done about Tidal - hopefully another OTA increases cellular bandwidth which seems to be the problem. It mostly happens with Dolby Atmos. As far as the steering wheel creek, he heard it and says it’s happening all the time. I did not have the creak for first 2,000 miles. He said he could order another steering wheel chassis but that same problem might occur (and he would be taking it from the production line). He also said Lucid is working on a more permanent solution that he hopes is ready in a few months. I told him I could live with the creak until the solution is ready. He tried to reset the trunk mechanism but that did not fix the problem. Now for the seat belt fiasco. I showed him the picture of my wife’s arm (attached). Like me, he was stumped. He thought the car not recognizing my wife in passenger seat was because she wasn’t sitting in it properly. The sensors are only in the square base of the seat. We were able to recreate that scenario but it wasn’t like she was sitting on the floor or armrest. He then spoke to engineering and looked at the logs when it happened. (In the meantime I put 70lbs of weights right on the square base and the car never recognized them (manual says it is triggered at 52lbs.) He called yesterday to say the logs did not show the seat belt tightening while she was being “attacked” so didn’t think the car’s lack of recognizing her had anything to do with the seat belt issue. He was coming out again next week to “educate her on how to sit in the seat”. I sort of lost it with him and told him I don’t care how she sits in the seat, she shouldn’t get hurt by the seat belt mechanism and I didn’t care what the engineers said. At a minimum, they should replace the mechanism and seat belt clasp if they can’t figure anything else out. She will not get in the car unless she puts a jean jacket on her left arm. I’m convinced there is an issue with the seat sensors and the way the seat belt is reacting to it. But the car is being towed anyway so hopefully they can figure it all out at the service center 130 miles away. I’m not expecting to see it again for several weeks.

I had a service technician come out to address this along with the trunk not fully opening all the time along with a steering wheel creak and Tidal continuously cutting out. In reverse order, nothing to be done about Tidal - hopefully another OTA increases cellular bandwidth which seems to be the problem. It mostly happens with Dolby Atmos. As far as the steering wheel creek, he heard it and says it’s happening all the time. I did not have the creak for first 2,000 miles. He said he could order another steering wheel chassis but that same problem might occur (and he would be taking it from the production line). He also said Lucid is working on a more permanent solution that he hopes is ready in a few months. I told him I could live with the creak until the solution is ready. He tried to reset the trunk mechanism but that did not fix the problem. Now for the seat belt fiasco. I showed him the picture of my wife’s arm (attached). Like me, he was stumped. He thought the car not recognizing my wife in passenger seat was because she wasn’t sitting in it properly. The sensors are only in the square base of the seat. We were able to recreate that scenario but it wasn’t like she was sitting on the floor or armrest. He then spoke to engineering and looked at the logs when it happened. (In the meantime I put 70lbs of weights right on the square base and the car never recognized them (manual says it is triggered at 52lbs.) He called yesterday to say the logs did not show the seat belt tightening while she was being “attacked” so didn’t think the car’s lack of recognizing her had anything to do with the seat belt issue. He was coming out again next week to “educate her on how to sit in the seat”. I sort of lost it with him and told him I don’t care how she sits in the seat, she shouldn’t get hurt by the seat belt mechanism and I didn’t care what the engineers said. At a minimum, they should replace the mechanism and seat belt clasp if they can’t figure anything else out. She will not get in the car unless she puts a jean jacket on her left arm. I’m convinced there is an issue with the seat sensors and the way the seat belt is reacting to it. But the car is being towed anyway so hopefully they can figure it all out at the service center 130 miles away. I’m not expecting to see it again for several weeks.
Sorry, here’s the unpleasant picture

Attachments

• FC452BB4-6302-4E60-8147-EAEFE4248B76.jpeg
    FC452BB4-6302-4E60-8147-EAEFE4248B76.jpeg
    815.8 KB · Views: 169
Back