Seatbelt Stuck

gavram

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
One of my rear passengers pulled the seatbelt out a long distance and then it twisted at the opening causing it to no longer retract. When I later discovered this I tried feeding the seatbelt back in but when I got near the end of doing so I discovered it was still twisted internally but now wouldn't allow me to pull it back out. I'm going to need to somehow open the plastic housing to remedy or call service. Any idea how to remove the cover over the rear passenger seatbelt to take a look?

If you live near a service center, I'd recommend just stopping by and have them take a look. It maybe a quick fix on the spot for them versus trying to fix yourself for a required safety feature. Last thing you would want is to completely break it that may be more costly to repair and be without a passenger seat or the car for days, weeks, or months.

Let us know if you were able to fix yourself and how. If you take it to a service center and it's a quick fix, ask the service folks how they fixed it and ask them to show you. I find them very helpful, friendly, and willing to share if you ask.

Back