I hate the power rear sunshade controls

I understand what JoshG is referring to as I have also had this happen a number of times. I think the nuisance for me is less that pulling all the way back or pushing all the way forward on the rear window switches activates the shade opening/closing. For me the nuisance is that once the shade is activated, it cannot be interrupted. So once I inadvertently begin opening a shade, I can’t simply cancel that and close it. I have to wait for it to open fully, then close it. Once you notice it’s opening, if you could simply stop it from opening and then close it, that would be a nice option to have.

Again, this is a very minor nuisance in the grand scheme.

I understand what JoshG is referring to as I have also had this happen a number of times. I think the nuisance for me is less that pulling all the way back or pushing all the way forward on the rear window switches activates the shade opening/closing. For me the nuisance is that once the shade is activated, it cannot be interrupted. So once I inadvertently begin opening a shade, I can’t simply cancel that and close it. I have to wait for it to open fully, then close it. Once you notice it’s opening, if you could simply stop it from opening and then close it, that would be a nice option to have.

Again, this is a very minor nuisance in the grand scheme.
I wonder if there's some mechanical reason why they need to be either all the way up or all the way down? I agree, it would be cool if you could switch directions mid-lift.

I've had the same thing happen a few times. Part of the reason is that the driver's window switches are a bit farther forward on the armrest than in any other vehicle I've owned, and I occasionally still hit a rear window switch when I intend to operate a front window. But it doesn't really bother me.

The turn signal stalk is also farther away from the wheel than in other cars I've owned, something which has drawn the attention of several auto journalists. I sometimes wonder how big the person is who made these design decisions. Then I remember that Zak Edson, a Lucid VP, is 6'6" tall and that Lucid put a 6'10" guy in the third row of the Gravity to demonstrate its room. Maybe they just grow 'em taller in bear country.
I would very much buy that hypothesis - although I'm 6'2", with fairly small hands, I haven;t had any issues getting to the turn signal without coming off the steering wheel.

I also have found myself and passengers find the side window shades intuitive and easy.

I occasionally run my Air through an automated touchless car wash. For many years, in whatever car I am driving, I habitually confirm all of the windows are closed before entering a car wash by pushing up on the driver's window controls. So every time I go to the car wash, I raise the side sunshades. Haven't been able to break myself of that habit yet.

This is another reason it's so hard to get things right. I love that it's on the physical switch and not on the screen. Window is up, pull up to bring shade up. Shade is up, push down all the way to put it down. I've never had an issue and my 8 year old kids know how to use it after explaining it once.
👍

I am in the camp of not a fan of this interface. I don’t hate it, but don‘t like it either.
BMW has a single button for the driver than functions with a short press or long press to put up all three shades or just the rear.
I have put up window shades more times on the Lucid checking that all windows are up, than actually wanting rear side shades up.

Agreed. I accidentally raise the side window sun shades regularly. I'd prefer if it was just a button on one of the screens.

What I'd like to see is a tab on the Pilot Panel where you could simply lock the sunshades, so the door switches would neither send them up nor down.

What I'd like to see is a tab on the Pilot Panel where you could simply lock the sunshades, so the door switches would neither send them up nor down.
That would be a nice compromise.

Agreed. I accidentally raise the side window sun shades regularly. I'd prefer if it was just a button on one of the screens.
Finally! 😜 someone else who struggles with these things and agrees with me.

Of course, just as some here may have foretold, I now have much bigger things to complain about. <sigh> definitely jinxed myself by complaining about little things.

Back