RESOLVED Front camera appears instead of rear camera when I engage reverse.

Matthew-345

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
DE Number
Has anyone experienced the front camera appearing when you go into reverse instead of the rear camera? This is on the infotainment panel. The pilot panel does display the 360 surround view. This is quite a nuisance as I am viewing what is in front of me rather than behind me while backing up. To the left of what is being displayed are two digital buttons for front and rear, only I am unable to select rear it would appear as touching this does nothing. I’m thinking the rear camera is not broken as the 360 view works, unless the 360 uses a different camera than what would be used for the reverse cam.

Solution
Has anyone experienced the front camera appearing when you go into reverse instead of the rear camera? This is on the infotainment panel. The pilot panel does display the 360 surround view. This is quite a nuisance as I am viewing what is in front of me rather than behind me while backing up. To the left of what is being displayed are two digital buttons for front and rear, only I am unable to select rear it would appear as touching this does nothing. I’m thinking the rear camera is not broken as the 360 view works, unless the 360 uses a different camera than what would be used for the reverse cam.
How often is this happening and does the logo reset fix it?
How often is this happening and does the logo reset fix it?

Solution
This is not intermittent. It happens every time I go into reverse. I have not performed a logo reset before. Is there a link to the instructions for that?
Go to settings, about, press the Air logo for 10ish seconds until the car reboots. If it doesn't fix it, call CS and have them fix that.

I saw this yesterday, but only once. Maybe it's a bug introduced with the faster surround view bring-up that they introduced in the last update.

Go to settings, about, press the Air logo for 10ish seconds until the car reboots. If it doesn't fix it, call CS and have them fix that.
Thank you @hydbob, the logo reboot corrected the issue. I tested this a few times today and it consistently worked.

Back