Cars
Tesla MXP™,Former Air GT
DE Number
I'm Joe
I own a 2022 Model X Plaid
I now own a 2022 Lucid Air GT

Grateful to be here.

Questions:
1. How do I turn off the turn signals? Been driving 30 years and haven't had to ask that question.
2. Why does it keep trying to set my wife's seat settings when my face is in the driver's seat?
3. Does everyone have phone connectivity issues for music, etc, or is this just me?
4. Is there a tutorial to remove the sun visors?
5. Anyone add a proper sub to fix the sound yet?
6. Is the overdriven-speaker muffled bass sound in the door areas normal?

Sorry for the rudimentary questions.

Drives great, hope to get it back from the PPF wrap in the next couple weeks.

1) Click it the other way. Yes its annoying and dumb. Wish they did it like every other car company

1) Click it the other way. Yes its annoying and dumb. Wish they did it like every other car company
I’m confused, as it’s literally like every other car I’ve driven. Click it one way to turn it on, other way to turn it off.

I’m confused, as it’s literally like every other car I’ve driven. Click it one way to turn it on, other way to turn it off.
Dont know what to tell you. All other cars ive had are you press it in the same direction lightly to turn it off. But mostly had German cars, so maybe that's a German thing.

• Wow
Reactions: DJL
Jinkies, well, I will try that.
I've had all kind of cars, and now I have a Tesla, so I guess I just thought this would be more automated. Maybe in the future.

I assume there is no other information on my other questions. I will post back when I get everything done to it with tutorials. The visors must go! 😁

2. Why does it keep trying to set my wife's seat settings when my face is in the driver's seat?
Ensure “key detection” is on in your settings.
3. Does everyone have phone connectivity issues for music, etc, or is this just me?
I have not had this issue.
4. Is there a tutorial to remove the sun visors?
No, as it is against the law.
5. Anyone add a proper sub to fix the sound yet?
Nope, and the subs sound incredible.
6. Is the overdriven-speaker muffled bass sound in the door areas normal?
Set your EQ to +4, 0, -2 and see how you feel about it. The source material matters a lot. There are lots of other threads on the sound on this forum, but by and large people are extremely impressed with it, myself very much included.

Ensure “key detection” is on in your settings.

I have not had this issue.

No, as it is against the law.

Nope, and the subs sound incredible.

Set your EQ to +4, 0, -2 and see how you feel about it. The source material matters a lot. There are lots of other threads on the sound on this forum, but by and large people are extremely impressed with it, myself very much included.
It's on in the settings... will drop a line to service maybe. It won't unlock when I get near with phone key either... Have to open with the app each time.

Yeah, the audio was not connecting at all yesterday, intermittently today. I saw a post about SW2.0 and am hopeful it will fix many of my issues.

Illegal... LOL... I see a torx #9 in my future

Thank you for the 411, I will give the audio a whirl here momentarily. Source for me is lossless Music

Thank you for the replies. Looking forward to getting it back from PPF & tint

It's on in the settings... will drop a line to service maybe. It won't unlock when I get near with phone key either... Have to open with the app each time.

Yeah, the audio was not connecting at all yesterday, intermittently today. I saw a post about SW2.0 and am hopeful it will fix many of my issues.

Illegal... LOL... I see a torx #9 in my future

Thank you for the 411, I will give the audio a whirl here momentarily. Source for me is lossless Music

Thank you for the replies. Looking forward to getting it back from PPF & tint
Ah, Apple Music over Bluetooth is by definition lossy. You’ll want to use Alexa to play it or Tidal hifi.

Ah, Apple Music over Bluetooth is by definition lossy. You’ll want to use Alexa to play it or Tidal hifi.
Talk about misleading!  shouldn't be able to say it's lossless if it's lossy! Thank you for the suggestion. I suppose I am out of my element, as all my music is in a completely different ecosystem

I wish you and others on the forum would quit saying things like this. The Tidal app is so broken as to be unusable, and frankly I can't stand the Tidal U/I even when it does work. So I can only use other sources. If all other sources sound bad, then Lucid audio sounds bad. No way around that until CarPlay is here.

Talk about misleading!  shouldn't be able to say it's lossless if it's lossy! Thank you for the suggestion. I suppose I am out of my element, as all my music is in a completely different ecosystem
It is lossless, just not over Bluetooth. Bluetooth does not have enough bandwidth to do lossless music. Once CarPlay is out, you’ll be able to use Apple Music at will, losslessly.

I wish you and others on the forum would quit saying things like this. The Tidal app is so broken as to be unusable, and frankly I can't stand the Tidal U/I even when it does work. So I can only use other sources. If all other sources sound bad, then Lucid audio sounds bad. No way around that until CarPlay is here.
Tidal in the 2.0 software version is spectacular.

I agree with you on Tidal in 1.0.

Also, not “all other sources sound bad.” They just don’t sound as good.

Can I listen to lossless audio using CarPlay?​

You can listen to lossless audio with CarPlay using a USB connection. Streaming lossless audio in a car over a cellular network will consume significantly more data.

I wonder if Wireless CarPlay is lossy? Bluetooth is lossy because it doesn't have the data capacity to support lossless music. Limitation of bluetooth, not Apple.

Can I listen to lossless audio using CarPlay?​

You can listen to lossless audio with CarPlay using a USB connection. Streaming lossless audio in a car over a cellular network will consume significantly more data.

I wonder if Wireless CarPlay is lossy? Bluetooth is lossy because it doesn't have the data capacity to support lossless music. Limitation of bluetooth, not Apple.
Wireless CarPlay, to my knowledge, is lossless. It uses WiFi, not Bluetooth, for the audio streaming. It still uses Bluetooth as well, for other communication. But the sound quality of wireless CarPlay should be equal to wired.

You are quite correct about Tidal. I'm on 3 months of free subscription and I don't hear any difference between HiFi Tidal and Spotify. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Tidal in the 2.0 software version is spectacular.

I agree with you on Tidal in 1.0.

Also, not “all other sources sound bad.” They just don’t sound as good.
How do you know Tidal sounds spectacular on 2.0 software version? Do you have any inside info on this?
I can't wait for for the MAGIC any longer ;)

You are quite correct about Tidal. I'm on 3 months of free subscription and I don't hear any difference between HiFi Tidal and Spotify. Unless I'm doing something wrong.
You need Tidal hifi plus

Just an FYI; if you are a Veteran Tidal Hi Fi Plus is $13/month. And yes it does sound fantastic but currently cuts out quite a bit. Supposedly the 2.0 updates go a long way to fixing the cutting out problems.

I'm surprised Lucid just didn't add the Apple Music App natively to the car. Maybe the licensing cost was too much but given they're putting CarPlay into the car i'm sure that's not coming free from Apple. I would use the Apple Music app over TiDAL but as i'm not a fan of CarPlay I won't be using CarPlay just to get to Apple Music. Will stick with the native apps built into the car.

I do hope we see some more native apps show up in the car like Apple Music, Netflix, YouTube, Disney+ etc. Now what would be cool is if Lucid added Plex then we can all access our Media Servers and stream TV,Movies,Music and watch live TV all through one app. Plex is a selfish request on my part as I have all my lossless music, TV, and movies stored in the cloud 😂

I'm surprised Lucid just didn't add the Apple Music App natively to the car. Maybe the licensing cost was too much but given they're putting CarPlay into the car i'm sure that's not coming free from Apple. I would use the Apple Music app over TiDAL but as i'm not a fan of CarPlay I won't be using CarPlay just to get to Apple Music. Will stick with the native apps built into the car.

I do hope we see some more native apps show up in the car like Apple Music, Netflix, YouTube, Disney+ etc. Now what would be cool is if Lucid added Plex then we can all access our Media Servers and stream TV,Movies,Music and watch live TV all through one app. Plex is a selfish request on my part as I have all my lossless music, TV, and movies stored in the cloud 😂
I use SiriusXM and USB drives to listen to audio, so I am out of luck on both with my DE. For now, I just stream from my phone.

Back