tuxedo has arrived

The Mercedes software in the EQS works very well and the "Mercedes ME" voice assistant is great but navigating the plethora of menus and options can take some getting used to.
Yeah…… the Germans love a plethora of menus, lol. Same applies to Audi.

I've always wondered why the newer cars don't just use AirPlay, they all have the gear... but this has never come to pass.

I'd be one of the oddities who doesn't want CarPlay, but I would take AirPlay all day loooowng. No app, easy interface, neat.

:cool:

Uhmmmm Ford Sync was the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever used in a car. Lol! Should’ve known better when they partnered with Microsoft 😂. It was so bad that Ford had to rewrite it and send USB keys to all owners to perform a 2 hour upgrade. Even after the update it was still crap. Lol!

It might be better now but their hands certainly aren’t clean.
My F250 native infotainment is bearly usable. I have to rely to CarPlay to run reliable navigation and music play unfortunately.

You are correct! When Ford announced, years ago, that they were going to use Windows CE, I knew that they were in trouble! 🤣

SYNC 4 is a lot better.

I have been very impressed with the software that GM puts in the C8 Corvette. So far, it's been great.

The Mercedes software in the EQS works very well and the "Mercedes ME" voice assistant is great but navigating the plethora of menus and options can take some getting used to.
Mercedes Benz has better experience in infotainment and navigation and always forefront in features. I can speak from personal experience, other German brands like VW, Porches, Audi and BMW are pretty bad. If you think Lucid is bad, just go to EA stations and ask those brands’ owners opinion.

Yes, I’ve gotten to play with 2.0 for the last week or two. I posted some videos on Twitter and in the forums about it.
I found it. WOW, what an excellent post (quite few of them :) ).

tried the search for the 2.0 videos... link?

I think you and I are alone on this one.
you are not alone... I don't see a reason for CarPlay in a car like this... The infotainment system in a Tesla doesn't need CarPlay or Android whatever because the Tesla does most things fairly intuitively with a short learning curve. Separation by categories, snappy and responsive to input, no obstructions to the screen (such as cup holders), etc...

Intuitive - meaning using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive

After years of using a smartphone, the Tesla UI feels very intuitive to use.

The Lucid does not. Yet.

I have hope! 😀

I use SiriusXM and USB drives to listen to audio, so I am out of luck on both with my DE. For now, I just stream from my phone.
Same here.
I can't stand CarPlay. It's so controlled by Apple and just looks like an OS that's slapped onto the cars existing OS with stuff all integration, if any. It's Apple's way or no way. It made sense for the lower trim cars that at the time of its release built in navigation, traffic, music players weren't really available or came at a premium but in the higher trim cars I don't think it really has a place when you're paying a premium for tech integration. For example, the only thing I would use CarPlay for in the last 2 Audi's I owned was for Spotify everything else I used the MMI for as it was all integrated into the Virtual Cockpit and HUD.

Give me directly integrated apps over CarPlay any day. I know i'm an outlier when it comes to this opinion but I just don't get the "If the car doesn't have CarPlay then it's the worst car in the world". Tesla and Rivian seem to be doing fine without it. Why? because they actually designed software that integrates well with the car and Lucid is doing the same.
The lack of Car Play doesn't make it the worse car in the world, but damn it when I stroked a check for 150K I was expecting to get Car Play sooner than later as it's what Lucid advertised the car coming with. As far as the rest of the bullshit I don't need it because I know what works for me :p

You are correct! When Ford announced, years ago, that they were going to use Windows CE, I knew that they were in trouble! 🤣

SYNC 4 is a lot better.

I have been very impressed with the software that GM puts in the C8 Corvette. So far, it's been great.

I had Sync 4 in my Lincoln Aviator and thought it was a piece of crap!!

And the maps were ridiculous as the new 202 extension which was opened almost 3 years ago still wasn't updated and numerous restaurants that were closed years ago were still shown. I asked for the current update a couple months ago and was told I had the current update!

I’m confused, as it’s literally like every other car I’ve driven. Click it one way to turn it on, other way to turn it off.
cars i have had would turn off the blinker after you change lanes or turned. My car does it for the most part for right turns but not left. No clue why, but I always need to turn off the blinker.

cars i have had would turn off the blinker after you change lanes or turned. My car does it for the most part for right turns but not left. No clue why, but I always need to turn off the blinker.
That is odd! I’d get that checked with service.

My car always does it for any turn, but not most lane changes (and I’ve never had a car that did it for lane changes as it usually doesn’t trigger the lock).

I assume (but you know how that goes) the Air has the feature where a quick push of the turn signal stalk will trigger three blinks. I use that all the time and figure it should be ubiquitous these days but am confirming.

I assume (but you know how that goes) the Air has the feature where a quick push of the turn signal stalk will trigger three blinks. I use that all the time and figure it should be ubiquitous these days but am confirming.
It's a 'half push' rather than a 'quick push' but yes, that works.

CarPlay is useful because automakers inevitably stop updating their firmware, which means no new apps or updates to apps. For example, my 2016 X5 had some terrible Spotify integration and a 3G modem. The modem is now useless, therefor anything the OS had is useless. I added some hardware to add wireless Carplay and all is well.

Lucid is a new company so there's a long time before any of that starts to happen, but it's starting to happen to Tesla. My wife's 2019 Model S with a MCU1 is already lagging way behind in releases and features compared to the newer systems.

I’m not that thrilled at the prospect of getting Apple CarPlay, I’m not even sure I want it. But I would miss being able to watch Youtube while DCFC-ing.
Do you have a smart phone? Just watch YouTube that way.

Same here.

The lack of Car Play doesn't make it the worse car in the world, but damn it when I stroked a check for 150K I was expecting to get Car Play sooner than later as it's what Lucid advertised the car coming with. As far as the rest of the bullshit I don't need it because I know what works for me :p
CarPlay is done, but Lucid is waiting for Apple to approve the implementation. Didn’t Polestar have the same thing, took a couple years for Apple to approve CarPlay for them?

Man, I just saw the new smoked roof option on the website, gonna see if my PPF guy can do a lighter look... Very excited to see the outcome. Hope 2.0 will be on my car when I pick it up, the second time...

Oh, and, I am glad I found this forum.

I was going to sell the Lucid because of SW1.0 garbage, the uncancelable blinkers, the disappointing stereo...

You've shown me some new stuff that has helped restore my confidence in the car. And I figured out how to remove the visors.

Attachments

• Lucid.png
    Lucid.png
    788.5 KB · Views: 77
I don't think there is a way to get the attachment points off the windshield, but it will look SO MUCH BETTER...

Back