tuxedo has arrived

I think if Apple made an Apple Music App for AAOS many people would be quite happy with just that. Given how arrogant they are it's wishful thinking but they have brought down the walls a little with Apple TV+ standalone apps showing up on TV's and Apple Music Apps spreading beyond the Apple ecosystem.

Lucid is using AAOS so anyone making Apps for AAOS "should" be easy for them to integrate. Many carmakers are switching to AAOS so hopefully the Apps become more commonly available and it's just a matter of carmakers adopting it to their screens etc.
Following the lead of what TV makers have been doing would be smart.

Apple has a bit more vested interest in Apple TV, because they own content there. But I can't see how it would hurt them to write an AAOS version of their music app, if they could safely assume it would end up in many makers' cars. So that may not be far-fetched.

Following the lead of what TV makers have been doing would be smart.

Apple has a bit more vested interest in Apple TV, because they own content there. But I can't see how it would hurt them to write an AAOS version of their music app, if they could safely assume it would end up in many makers' cars. So that may not be far-fetched.
The counter-argument would be that most of those cars already have CarPlay, and Apple would rather users were using the entire CarPlay interface than a standalone music app. But if you assume some percentage of users will never use CarPlay, why not make something to reach them at least some of the time?

The counter-argument would be that most of those cars already have CarPlay, and Apple would rather users were using the entire CarPlay interface than a standalone music app. But if you assume some percentage of users will never use CarPlay, why not make something to reach them at least some of the time?
I think something like 70% of users want a car with CarPlay. They mentioned it at the last WWDC so with stats that high I doubt separating Apps out of the Apple eco system is high on their agenda unfortunately.

Thanks for all the positive 411, looking like the Air will get better sooner than expected... Makes me look forward to getting it back even more... Maybe the software will be all loaded by time I get it!

I think something like 70% of users want a car with CarPlay. They mentioned it at the last WWDC so with stats that high I doubt separating Apps out of the Apple eco system is high on their agenda unfortunately.
Some of us want Android Auto.

Some of us want Android Auto.
my stance would apply to Android Auto as well. I don’t see value in either when they lack key integration with a cars systems.

my stance would apply to Android Auto as well. I don’t see value in either when they lack key integration with a cars systems.
Android Auto is very well integrated into Ford, GM and Mercedes products.

Android Auto is very well integrated into Ford, GM and Mercedes products.
To each their own. For me. I didn’t drop $150K on a car to use an OS that I could get on a $20K car. I don’t see the point / value in that. I know I’m an outlier though.

To each their own. For me. I didn’t drop $150K on a car to use an OS that I could get on a $20K car. I don’t see the point / value in that. I know I’m an outlier though.
Well, I use the google maps because they are better. I can stream music from my phone by using the car's audio controls etc. I enjoy the tight integration.

On this I agree, that's why I don't care about AA or CarPlay

On this I agree, that's why I don't care about AA or CarPlay
When Lucid has software as good as Ford, GM and Mercedes, then maybe I won't need Android Auto. 😇

Bring it on!!! I will be so happy to say "Wow, my DE now has release quality, highly functional software" so I can stop bitching about software!! 😇 🤣

Bring it on!!! I will be so happy to say "Wow, my DE now has release quality, highly functional software" so I can stop bitching about software!! 😇 🤣
I have a feeling...it won't stop you 😄

I have a feeling...it won't stop you 😄
Maybe.... The problem is that I have written software since 1967 and learned the hard way how to listen to users and write reliable systems. So yes, I have a low tolerance for crap software of all kinds.

When Lucid has software as good as Ford, GM and Mercedes, then maybe I won't need Android Auto. 😇
Uhmmmm Ford Sync was the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever used in a car. Lol! Should’ve known better when they partnered with Microsoft 😂. It was so bad that Ford had to rewrite it and send USB keys to all owners to perform a 2 hour upgrade. Even after the update it was still crap. Lol!

It might be better now but their hands certainly aren’t clean.

Uhmmmm Ford Sync was the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever used in a car. Lol! Should’ve known better when they partnered with Microsoft 😂. It was so bad that Ford had to rewrite it and send USB keys to all owners to perform a 2 hour upgrade. Even after the update it was still crap. Lol!

It might be better now but their hands certainly aren’t clean.
You are correct! When Ford announced, years ago, that they were going to use Windows CE, I knew that they were in trouble! 🤣

SYNC 4 is a lot better.

I have been very impressed with the software that GM puts in the C8 Corvette. So far, it's been great.

The Mercedes software in the EQS works very well and the "Mercedes ME" voice assistant is great but navigating the plethora of menus and options can take some getting used to.

Back