• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

tuxedo has arrived

How do you know Tidal sounds spectacular on 2.0 software version? Do you have any inside info on this?
I can't wait for for the MAGIC any longer ;)
Yes, I’ve gotten to play with 2.0 for the last week or two. I posted some videos on Twitter and in the forums about it.

You need Tidal hifi plus
I think that's what I'm on right now, but how do I check it. Lucid sent me the access code, I created the account, all went well, I'm on Tidal, but it really doesn't sound any different than Spotify.

I'm surprised Lucid just didn't add the Apple Music App natively to the car. Maybe the licensing cost was too much but given they're putting CarPlay into the car i'm sure that's not coming free from Apple. I would use the Apple Music app over TiDAL but as i'm not a fan of CarPlay I won't be using CarPlay just to get to Apple Music. Will stick with the native apps built into the car.

I do hope we see some more native apps show up in the car like Apple Music, Netflix, YouTube, Disney+ etc. Now what would be cool is if Lucid added Plex then we can all access our Media Servers and stream TV,Movies,Music and watch live TV all through one app. Plex is a selfish request on my part as I have all my lossless music, TV, and movies stored in the cloud 😂
I have no doubt they’ll be adding more services in the future.

I think that's what I'm on right now, but how do I check it. Lucid sent me the access code, I created the account, all went well, I'm on Tidal, but it really doesn't sound any different than Spotify.
What will sound different are the Atmos encoded songs. Listen to a regular version and Atmos version of the same song and you'll hear what make Tidal so good. Also, make sure your equalizer settings are +6 (or +4), 0, and -2.

Dont know what to tell you. All other cars ive had are you press it in the same direction lightly to turn it off. But mostly had German cars, so maybe that's a German thing.
Lucid’s calibrations around this are off IMO so in most cases it doesn’t auto turn off. It only automatically turns off after 3 blinks (light touch) or with a fairly heavy turn (no simple lane changes). It’s one of my top complaints/gripes of the vehicle coming from American/Japanese/German vehicles.

I’m very curious if it’s a software thing that can be fixed.

I use SiriusXM and USB drives to listen to audio, so I am out of luck on both with my DE. For now, I just stream from my phone.
SiriusXM could be easily solved by installing a native app also. It will use data instead of satellite but it's better than nothing. I've found TuneIn to be a pretty decent replacement to Sirius but I do tend to listen to music more than sports, news etc. Unless you get a deal though, Sirius is becoming fricken expensive given even when listening to the music channels they just seem to have a 2 hour playlist on loop so you hear the same songs over and over and over again.

Netflix, HBO_Max, AppleTV please….

Even if it is in 2025, I can wait. 😂

I'm Joe
I own a 2022 Model X Plaid
I now own a 2022 Lucid Air GT

Grateful to be here.

Questions:
1. How do I turn off the turn signals? Been driving 30 years and haven't had to ask that question.
2. Why does it keep trying to set my wife's seat settings when my face is in the driver's seat?
3. Does everyone have phone connectivity issues for music, etc, or is this just me?
4. Is there a tutorial to remove the sun visors?
5. Anyone add a proper sub to fix the sound yet?
6. Is the overdriven-speaker muffled bass sound in the door areas normal?

Sorry for the rudimentary questions.

Drives great, hope to get it back from the PPF wrap in the next couple weeks.

6. ”Is the overdriven-speaker muffled bass sound in the door areas normal?”

I thought I was the only one hearing this. I haven’t sat in the other car seats to be able to tell if it’s there too, but what I hear from the driver’s seat when a heavy bass line is playing (R&B, hiphop, etc), is a muffled, soft, “popping” sound coming from my door pocket area.

I was thinking about calling it in to Lucid Service and squawking about it. But first, I’ll take the suggestion to change up my equalizer settings, and maybe using a music source other than Spotify.

I'm surprised Lucid just didn't add the Apple Music App natively to the car. Maybe the licensing cost was too much but given they're putting CarPlay into the car i'm sure that's not coming free from Apple. I would use the Apple Music app over TiDAL but as i'm not a fan of CarPlay I won't be using CarPlay just to get to Apple Music. Will stick with the native apps built into the car.

I do hope we see some more native apps show up in the car like Apple Music, Netflix, YouTube, Disney+ etc. Now what would be cool is if Lucid added Plex then we can all access our Media Servers and stream TV,Movies,Music and watch live TV all through one app. Plex is a selfish request on my part as I have all my lossless music, TV, and movies stored in the cloud 😂
Geez, I really hope that don't add all those apps to the car. It's a car, not an entertainment system.

Geez, I really hope that don't add all those apps to the car. It's a car, not an entertainment system.
Its to offset time sitting at a charger doing nothing. 30 mins can go quicker watching a YouTube video or keep the kids quiet in the back than just sitting in the car twiddling your thumbs waiting for the charge to finish

6. ”Is the overdriven-speaker muffled bass sound in the door areas normal?”

I thought I was the only one hearing this. I haven’t sat in the other car seats to be able to tell if it’s there too, but what I hear from the driver’s seat when a heavy bass line is playing (R&B, hiphop, etc), is a muffled, soft, “popping” sound coming from my door pocket area.

I was thinking about calling it in to Lucid Service and squawking about it. But first, I’ll take the suggestion to change up my equalizer settings, and maybe using a music source other than Spotify.
So @copper and I found out why this was the case, which was why we changed the recommendation from bass at +6 to bass at +4. There are (at least) three subs in the car; one in the back (you can see the grille behind the rear sunshade in the center) and two in the doors but hidden behind and built into the doors. It’s extremely clever design, actually, but explains some of the things we saw when @copper ran the frequency response tests.

My understanding is that they are planning some quality improvements with software as well, to improve the bass response from the doors.

Its to offset time sitting at a charger doing nothing. 30 mins can go quicker watching a YouTube video or keep the kids quiet in the back than just sitting in the car twiddling your thumbs waiting for the charge to finish

I’m not that thrilled at the prospect of getting Apple CarPlay, I’m not even sure I want it. But I would miss being able to watch Youtube while DCFC-ing.

I have never had Carplay but I know I didnt really care for it in my rentals. Maybe I will be a fan once it is available in the car. As for the music, it will be either Tidal or Apple Music based whichever platform has the better ATMOS music.

Apple does not charge car companies to use CarPlay.

I’m not that thrilled at the prospect of getting Apple CarPlay, I’m not even sure I want it. But I would miss being able to watch Youtube while DCFC-ing.
I have never had Carplay but I know I didnt really care for it in my rentals. Maybe I will be a fan once it is available in the car. As for the music, it will be either Tidal or Apple Music based whichever platform has the better ATMOS music.
I can't stand CarPlay. It's so controlled by Apple and just looks like an OS that's slapped onto the cars existing OS with stuff all integration, if any. It's Apple's way or no way. It made sense for the lower trim cars that at the time of its release built in navigation, traffic, music players weren't really available or came at a premium but in the higher trim cars I don't think it really has a place when you're paying a premium for tech integration. For example, the only thing I would use CarPlay for in the last 2 Audi's I owned was for Spotify everything else I used the MMI for as it was all integrated into the Virtual Cockpit and HUD.

Give me directly integrated apps over CarPlay any day. I know i'm an outlier when it comes to this opinion but I just don't get the "If the car doesn't have CarPlay then it's the worst car in the world". Tesla and Rivian seem to be doing fine without it. Why? because they actually designed software that integrates well with the car and Lucid is doing the same.

I can't stand CarPlay. It's so controlled by Apple and just looks like an OS that's slapped onto the cars existing OS with stuff all integration, if any. It's Apple's way or no way. It made sense for the lower trim cars that at the time of its release built in navigation, traffic, music players weren't really available or came at a premium but in the higher trim cars I don't think it really has a place when you're paying a premium for tech integration. For example, the only thing I would use CarPlay for in the last 2 Audi's I owned was for Spotify everything else I used the MMI for as it was all integrated into the Virtual Cockpit and HUD.

Give me directly integrated apps over CarPlay any day. I know i'm an outlier when it comes to this opinion but I just don't get the "If the car doesn't have CarPlay then it's the worst car in the world". Tesla and Rivian seem to be doing fine without it. Why? because they actually designed software that integrates well with the car and Lucid is doing the same.
I can see your point with that. I've often said I'd be okay with my Tesla not having CarPlay if I at least had an Apple Music app. But I believe if Lucid wanted to make a standalone Apple Music app, Apple would still want to approve it. So they'd be stuck with that process, anyway, at least for Apple. Also, it would take tons of in-house work to make all those other apps.

The alternative would be to open up a platform of their own and let all these companies make apps for the Lucid themselves. But given Lucid's small numbers, what are the chances they'd all do that? There's been tons of speculation Tesla had plans for their own "App Store", but they never materialized. Probably too busy building dancing robots at this point.

I can see your point with that. I've often said I'd be okay with my Tesla not having CarPlay if I at least had an Apple Music app. But I believe if Lucid wanted to make a standalone Apple Music app, Apple would still want to approve it. So they'd be stuck with that process, anyway, at least for Apple. Also, it would take tons of in-house work to make all those other apps.

The alternative would be to open up a platform of their own and let all these companies make apps for the Lucid themselves. But given Lucid's small numbers, what are the chances they'd all do that? There's been tons of speculation Tesla had plans for their own "App Store", but they never materialized. Probably too busy building dancing robots at this point.
I would make a friendly wager that once 2.0 is out, after a few inevitable “bug fix” updates (because no release is ever perfect) we’re going to see a much faster stream of feature updates, as the team is no longer saddled with the massive rewrite.

$10? :)

I would make a friendly wager that once 2.0 is out, after a few inevitable “bug fix” updates (because no release is ever perfect) we’re going to see a much faster stream of feature updates, as the team is no longer saddled with the massive rewrite.

Make a bet with a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy? Never.

Also, I agree with you. So I'd be betting against myself.

I think if Apple made an Apple Music App for AAOS many people would be quite happy with just that. Given how arrogant they are it's wishful thinking but they have brought down the walls a little with Apple TV+ standalone apps showing up on TV's and Apple Music Apps spreading beyond the Apple ecosystem.

Lucid is using AAOS so anyone making Apps for AAOS "should" be easy for them to integrate. Many carmakers are switching to AAOS so hopefully the Apps become more commonly available and it's just a matter of carmakers adopting it to their screens etc.

I'm not betting anything with you 😂 . You get access to early releases, you show up in new owner delivery pics at Milbrae so you know the inside scoop before anyone else. Unfair advantage! LOL

Back