New member - potential owner

sicklyscott

Hi - I am a current Tesla Model 3 Performance owner, thinking about making the move to a Lucid Air GT. I've had my Model 3 for 5.5 years, and have put 74k miles on it. I am a habitual car-swapper, a car with me usually doesn't last more than 5 years, the Tesla is the first time in 18 cars I've kept something for more than 24 months. I adore the car and, absolutely hate it at the same time.

I test drove an Air Touring a few months back and haven't been able to shake the feeling. I made the mistake of sitting in the GT and absolutely fell in love with the seats, one thing I hate about the tesla is the lack of side bolsters, with the adjustable bolsters and thigh extension in the GT, all my complaints are solved.

I am now on the search for a used GT, I do have some questions:

1. How can I tell if the car has Surreal Sound Pro? On the configurator it states Surreal Sound has 9 speakers, SSP has 21 but, it doens't show a difference in where everything is. I've read some posts saying hardware is the same but software is different. Was there a change between model years on this? When looking at a used '22 or '23, how do I know what it has?
2. Same general question for Dream Drive. how do I know what level of DD the car has? Is this another case of the hardware is there but software gets unlocked?

Anything else I should consider?

Off-topic, but I also went from a (stealth) performance Model 3 to an Air GT. The difference is night and day - like moving from a kit-car hotrod to an even faster, well-thought-out luxury supersport ride with all the amenities.

All 22 and 23 GT models are fully equipped with SSP and DDP.

Hi - I am a current Tesla Model 3 Performance owner, thinking about making the move to a Lucid Air GT. I've had my Model 3 for 5.5 years, and have put 74k miles on it. I am a habitual car-swapper, a car with me usually doesn't last more than 5 years, the Tesla is the first time in 18 cars I've kept something for more than 24 months. I adore the car and, absolutely hate it at the same time.

I test drove an Air Touring a few months back and haven't been able to shake the feeling. I made the mistake of sitting in the GT and absolutely fell in love with the seats, one thing I hate about the tesla is the lack of side bolsters, with the adjustable bolsters and thigh extension in the GT, all my complaints are solved.

I am now on the search for a used GT, I do have some questions:

1. How can I tell if the car has Surreal Sound Pro? On the configurator it states Surreal Sound has 9 speakers, SSP has 21 but, it doens't show a difference in where everything is. I've read some posts saying hardware is the same but software is different. Was there a change between model years on this? When looking at a used '22 or '23, how do I know what it has?
2. Same general question for Dream Drive. how do I know what level of DD the car has? Is this another case of the hardware is there but software gets unlocked?

Anything else I should consider?
Almost all of the GTs will have SSP and DDP but still worth checking. The easiest way to tell if SSP is included is to play a Dolby Atmos track from Tidal. The easiest way to see DDP is to use Highway Assist on a local Highway. DD premium will have surround surround view parking and cameras that come up when the turn signal is turned on, DDP also has this. If it does not have surround view parking, it is only basic DD.

Thanks, everyone. It sounds like all the hardware is there, just a matter of the software being unlocked, then. Correct?

Back