• ⚠ MARKETPLACE RULES ⚠

1. Photos Required. Post your own taken photo(s) of the item you are selling. No generic/stock photo(s) allowed.
    2. Be detailed. Please be detailed with your listing including pricing, location, specifications, and reason for selling (optional).
    3. No promotion or spam. Self-promotion, promotion of your business, or posting spam isn't allowed.
    4. No sabotaging listings. If you don't agree on an asking price for a vehicle or item, scroll by. The marketplace is not a place for negative discussions or criticisms.
    5. Lucid related items only. This marketplace is for Lucid vehicles or related items only.
    6. Listing Status. To keep things organized, please update your listing if the item is sold or no longer available.
    7. Transactions are between the parties involved. You are dealing with an online stranger. Please use the same common sense as you would when doing an online payment. We strongly recommend doing all proper due diligence with anyone here on the forums to avoid being scammed or losing any money!

[Trade][AZ] Model S Plaid for Lucid Air GT

koflo

Verified Owner
Cars
DE Performance
DE Number
Hi,

This may be a long shot but recently got into the Lucid Air and think I want to take the dive into the Lucid world. Trying to see if anyone would want to trade their Lucid GT or GT performance (plus money on my end) for a Model S Plaid. The Plaid is white with black interior and has around 19k miles. Owned it for a year and its been a fun car but I get antsy with cars and want to try something new. I know its a long shot but figured I would ask!

Thanks everyone!

Thats a very very long shot! I'm 99.99% sure no one would bite. If you really like the Air, get a new one with the present discounts. You can always sell you Plaid on Carvana.

No offense, but why would anyone trade a car with MSRP $140k-180k for a car that now has an MSRP $90k?

I mean the used car market is much closer than you guys think. In fact this morning a GT was posted for $90k and my car had a trade in value of $81k through the same dealership. Someone was already at the dealership though before I was able to get there and bought the vehicle. GTs get posted often for $90-100k. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility especially with money on my end. It was a long shot as mentioned but not as crazy as you all make it out to be. Do a quick nation search for GTs and I think you’d be shocked.

No offense, but why would anyone trade a car with MSRP $140k-180k for a car that now has an MSRP $90k?
Well, I fully loaded Plaid, with self-driving, is only $108K now and starts at $86K.

To be fair mine does have FSD and upgraded rims but not many people tend to give that credit. Should have mentioned that in the post. So my spec is fully loaded.

Well, I fully loaded Plaid, with self-driving, is only $108K now and starts at $86K.
Wow! My pop was thinking of selling his Mach E to get a Y. I may need to look into a loaded Plaid for him. He loves his GT and is keeping it, but also loves the Tesla tech and wants more usable driver assistance. Great time to buy EVs.

Wow! My pop was thinking of selling his Mach E to get a Y. I may need to look into a loaded Plaid for him. He loves his GT and is keeping it, but also loves the Tesla tech and wants more usable driver assistance. Great time to buy EVs.
Edited to say Model S not Y. They all look the same to me.

When I traded my 2021 3P the FSD was worth $124 dollars…
FSD was worth zero when I sold my 2018 Model 3. Carvana, Carmax, Shift, etc didn't even want to hear about it. Coincidentally, maybe, I thought the same.

... And what is Tesla asking for this gimmick right now?

... And what is Tesla asking for this gimmick right now?
Currently it’s 12k. Gimmick is probably understating it’s capabilities but calling it full self driving is definitely overstating its capabilities lol

I’m seriously considering a filing a small claims suit in Georgia claiming that the service never met the commitments. My company legal team thinks they are likely to no-show and I would win a default judgment.

I didn’t but small claims isn’t a jury trial so I might get away with it.

I didn’t but small claims isn’t a jury trial so I might get away with it.
Yeah, deleted my comment because I looked at the purchase order and it says you can go to small claims court instead of arbitration.

I mean the used car market is much closer than you guys think. In fact this morning a GT was posted for $90k and my car had a trade in value of $81k through the same dealership. Someone was already at the dealership though before I was able to get there and bought the vehicle. GTs get posted often for $90-100k. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility especially with money on my end. It was a long shot as mentioned but not as crazy as you all make it out to be. Do a quick nation search for GTs and I think you’d be shocked.
I'd say either Sell your plaid on private market and get a lightly used AGT or put the extra money forth and get it new with incentives.

The problem with used AGT is that cars that are this highly priced take much more damage/problems to total it, and you never know what is wrong or right with a used car.

But most members here on the forums are Tesla owners too or have owned one, and so that trade would be a step down for almost all of us.

So my advice is to get sell the Plaid privately and recoup the cash

Hi,

This may be a long shot but recently got into the Lucid Air and think I want to take the dive into the Lucid world. Trying to see if anyone would want to trade their Lucid GT or GT performance (plus money on my end) for a Model S Plaid. The Plaid is white with black interior and has around 19k miles. Owned it for a year and its been a fun car but I get antsy with cars and want to try something new. I know its a long shot but figured I would ask!

Thanks everyone!
I happen to have a GT up the road from you in Las Vegas for sale. Similar color set up to your Model S. Not interested in a trade though.

I happen to have a GT up the road from you in Las Vegas for sale. Similar color set up to your Model S. Not interested in a trade though.
How much are you asking? I have some offers on my Tesla that could make this work. I also have to check some tax information. I know that if I buy private within AZ that I wouldn’t have sales tax. Unsure if I’m importing the car into AZ though.

How much are you asking? I have some offers on my Tesla that could make this work. I also have to check some tax information. I know that if I buy private within AZ that I wouldn’t have sales tax. Unsure if I’m importing the car into AZ though
Understood. While it shouldn't affect the results, in the interest of full disclosure, the vehicle is registered in Montana; however, it was delivered new and always housed in Vegas. Asking 110k on this forum. Will be priced higher elsewhere

Understood. While it shouldn't affect the results, in the interest of full disclosure, the vehicle is registered in Montana; however, it was delivered new and always housed in Vegas. Asking 110k on this forum. Will be priced higher elsewhere
Got it. There are three in the valley listed at $99,995 which I might shoot for instead. I appreciate you reaching out though! Best of luck with your sale!

Back