Model S Plaid vs Vs Air Touring

+1 lol. Tell us more! How much more of a Tesla hater can one be compared to @gaskiller or xponents “pay $20k not to drive a model s” 🤪
Wait, was I a Tesla hater? I’d hardly consider myself one. I do appreciate some teslas, but I recognize that there are better. I love the CT, for example(it is imo the best ev truck)

Last edited:
I love the CT, for example(it is imo the best ev truck)

I’m curious where your opinion of this comes from. I think there are a lot of parallels between model S/Lucid comparo and CT/R1T comparo. If you like the lucid for being a more luxurious, less corners cut approach, I’d say the rivian is closer to the lucid formula. Much nicer interior, quality materials everywhere, more aerodynamic, better range, etc…whereas the CT has a model 3 interior for 80-$100k😢 (on top of that a useless frunk because of the shape and possibly uncomfortable for adult rear seats because of the roof slope and bench style seats (we don’t really know since Tesla is hiding a lot of specs and interior comparos)

I’m curious where your opinion of this comes from. I think there are a lot of parallels between model S/Lucid comparo and CT/R1T comparo. If you like the lucid for being a more luxurious, less corners cut approach, I’d say the rivian is closer to the lucid formula. Much nicer interior, quality materials everywhere, more aerodynamic, better range, etc…whereas the CT has a model 3 interior for 80-$100k😢 (on top of that a useless frunk because of the shape and possibly uncomfortable for adult rear seats because of the roof slope and bench style seats (we don’t really know since Tesla is hiding a lot of specs and interior comparos)
Well, I'd say the problem with high end tesla(s, x, ct) is not the lack of high end materials. In fact, there was leather and carbon everywhere in a plaid I saw. The minimalism here would be the problem. Being a truck, I actually don't mind that though! The CT is also faster and looks FAR, FAR cooler to me. Literally any other EV truck looks outdated to me now except maybe the Silverado EV!

The CT is also more efficient than the r1s(this might be because of the skewed epa testing) and the range extender makes its range good. Without the Range extender, the bed is bigger than the r1s and any other ev truck(i believe). This is probably because they pushed the cab forward, which does make the frunk smaller but by no means making it useless. I found it to be very similar to the Gravity frunk, where it is wide and long but not too deep.

I search for different priorities in a truck vs a sedan. The lucid handily beats the model s on almost every front, but the CT has some advantages and disadvantages over the competition. I value the CT's features more(including the more durable body) and would consider it as a first car if the 60k model was more competitive!(yes, thats still expensive for a first car, but it has the tax credit and is more than 6k gvwr for potential deductions).

Well, I'd say the problem with high end tesla(s, x, ct) is not the lack of high end materials. In fact, there was leather and carbon everywhere in a plaid I saw. The minimalism here would be the problem. Being a truck, I actually don't mind that though! The CT is also faster and looks FAR, FAR cooler to me. Literally any other EV truck looks outdated to me now except maybe the Silverado EV!

The CT is also more efficient than the r1s(this might be because of the skewed epa testing) and the range extender makes its range good. Without the Range extender, the bed is bigger than the r1s and any other ev truck(i believe). This is probably because they pushed the cab forward, which does make the frunk smaller but by no means making it useless. I found it to be very similar to the Gravity frunk, where it is wide and long but not too deep.

I search for different priorities in a truck vs a sedan. The lucid handily beats the model s on almost every front, but the CT has some advantages and disadvantages over the competition. I value the CT's features more(including the more durable body) and would consider it as a first car if the 60k model was more competitive!(yes, thats still expensive for a first car, but it has the tax credit and is more than 6k gvwr for potential deductions).
Young man, I’m not sure I can agree with you here. The Cybertruck looks ridiculous. It shouts “look at me!“ which is exact opposite of what I look for in a vehicle.

Also, what tax credit are you talking about? I suspect you are referring to a tax deduction for businesses that own a 6000lb+ vehicle and use it for business purposes. It doesn’t apply to individuals.

Young man, I’m not sure I can agree with you here. The Cybertruck looks ridiculous. It shouts “look at me!“ which is exact opposite of what I look for in a vehicle.
Oddly enough, I get more attention in my Lucid (someone talks to me at least once a week) than I ever did in my Plaid or 2 MYs before the plaid. One of them was even wrapped (and did get a couple of compliments). I get compliments sooo often on the Air, even had some lady recording me and my girlfriend getting into the car the first week I got it. My girlfriend hates it, I don't mind it.

Yes. Someone at my golf course came by to look at my Pure AWD and he was surprised that I actually get 370 miles of actual range in my usual driving. His comment was that it looks way better than that "other car".

Also, what tax credit are you talking about? I suspect you are referring to a tax deduction for businesses that own a 6000lb+ vehicle and use it for business purposes. It doesn’t apply to individuals.
Yes, I am talking about the business deduction. I do plan to have over a 50 percent business use on my first vehicle as there will be some business to business travel involved(real estate).

And typically, I would agree with you as I am a minimalistic person but also don’t want something to be barren. However, the CT is also minimalist in the sense of its strong clear cut lines, which have so much presence it isn’t barren anymore! I also am a person who doesn’t care if a vehicle is understated or overstated, I just want it to look good to me(which usually ends up being overstated, the air is an exception since it’s understated but at the same time looks like a spaceship).

+1 lol. Tell us more! How much more of a Tesla hater can one be compared to @gaskiller or xponents “pay $20k not to drive a model s” 🤪
Yeah, we are getting rid of our Model 3 as well next year. Going to be a NO TESLA household. I had enough of their shenanigans. Prepared to sell the model 3 and get a new compact SUV EV, which would mean spending another 40k after trade in. But, that is how much I dislike Tesla as a company. I have my reasons, which are many.

Yeah, we are getting rid of our Model 3 as well next year. Going to be a NO TESLA household. I had enough of their shenanigans. Prepared to sell the model 3 and get a new compact SUV EV, which would mean spending another 40k after trade in. But, that is how much I dislike Tesla as a company. I have my reasons, which are many.
I don't dislike Tesla as a company. I dislike Musk as a human being. Still, it's clear which brand I prefer at this point, but for the time being, Lucid doesn't cover as broad a price range or variety of body styles. I don't think that Musk would care whether or not you sell a Model 3, but I see your point. I offered my father my Model 3, and he initially said that he'd take it, only because it's used and Elon wouldn't profit from the sale. You are far from alone.

My neighbor just bought a Model Y on impulse at a yard sale from someone who was leaving the country quickly, so he got a fire-sale price. His comment after a couple months of ownership was that it was a terrible, cheap car. I thought I'd warned him before.

Its not about money, what, you save 5k buying a Tesla model S? I would spend 20k just not to buy a Model S.

hahaha....refreshed Model S is a yoke....I mean joke! Just because you redesign light a bit and change screen orientation does nothing! I owned one , hated it!!

I would never take car buying advice from you!!

No thanks, 200 mile range, you need to drop it at the dealer for updates, cramped interior, poor effoiciency!

Its not about money, what, you save 5k buying a Tesla model S? I would spend 20k just not to buy a Model S.

hahaha....refreshed Model S is a yoke....I mean joke! Just because you redesign light a bit and change screen orientation does nothing! I owned one , hated it!!

I would never take car buying advice from you!!

No thanks, 200 mile range, you need to drop it at the dealer for updates, cramped interior, poor effoiciency!
Hmm…
Why so angry about another persons choice?
After owning 4 different hi end ev’s
Plaid/Taycan / Fisker - Karma
Aesthetically, I would rank them in the following order.
1. Karma- Fisker
2.Taycan
3. Tesla S plaid- still have
4. Lucid Air
don’t own the air but it wasn’t on my radar because aesthetically I don’t find it appealing to my taste.
With that said, I’m a huge fan of the gravity and will have one once available. Overall on the list of ownership the Tesla has been the best overall.
Different strokes - different folks
My neighbor just bought a Model Y on impulse at a yard sale from someone who was leaving the country quickly, so he got a fire-sale price. His comment after a couple months of ownership was that it was a terrible, cheap car. I thought I'd warned him before.
yet it’s the best selling vehicle in the world….. obviously some people like them.

...yet it’s the best selling vehicle in the world….. obviously some people like them.
Didn't mean to sound angry about others' choice of a Model Y. It's a great value in a driving appliance. Just no longer for me - nice to have choices.

Last edited:
Didn't mean to sound angry about other's choice of a Model Y. It's a great value in a driving appliance. Just no longer for me - nice to have choices.
Respect your opinion I was referring the “angry” response to other poster.

Hmm…
Why so angry about another persons choice?
After owning 4 different hi end ev’s
Plaid/Taycan / Fisker - Karma
Aesthetically, I would rank them in the following order.
1. Karma- Fisker
2.Taycan
3. Tesla S plaid- still have
4. Lucid Air
don’t own the air but it wasn’t on my radar because aesthetically I don’t find it appealing to my taste.
With that said, I’m a huge fan of the gravity and will have one once available. Overall on the list of ownership the Tesla has been the best overall.
Different strokes - different folks

yet it’s the best selling vehicle in the world….. obviously some people like them.
These are my opinions, you are free to have yours.

I never had one, but did get an Uber ride in one last week on the way home from an airport. The ride quality was not very good. I've taken an Uber ride in a Model 3 and didn't have that experience. From a driving perspective, the 3 is fun to drive, and so is the S, but neither has the ride quality of a Lucid, and they are much noisier.

I thought the Plaid was still using pleather everywhere and they don't use carbon fiber anywhere in the Plaid? Hence a "cheap" interior for the price, pre-drop at least.

Also with the range extender you lose A LOT of bed storage so it's not really that practical. Also the range extender would add quite a bit of weight, probably end up being less efficient than a R1T in that regard as well.

I dislike Elon and Tesla as well, but not as much as you haha. Tesla is a great entry level EV for anyone. Definitely good for EV adoptions. What draws the line for me is when the Model 3 came out. Service went to shit hole, before that, it was as good as Lucid. I'm just scared that is also going to happen to Lucid in 5 years or so.

Well, I'd say the problem with high end tesla(s, x, ct) is not the lack of high end materials. In fact, there was leather and carbon everywhere in a plaid I saw.
Cybertruck does not have the “high end Tesla” interior. It’s closer to the 3/Y. From my video it’s also very apparent to me that the fake carbon trim and fake vinyl leather looks bad and feels cheap compared to the plethora of high end materials and textures in the rivians and lucids

The CT is also more efficient than the r1s(this might be because of the skewed epa testing
not really. The R1 gets 352 epa and has a Cd of .030. The CT is .033 and has epa of 320 or 340 depending on config. And thanks to their skewed testing it’ll probably be a more realistic high 200s

The lucid handily beats the model s on almost every front
I don’t know about that…definitely not price or power, or trunk size, or autonomous features, or software features, or charging network, and I think I could keep adding to this list.

Back