Pure vs grand touring

:::Not sure what's going on but I can't seem to edit my previous post:::

In response to @borski I've also had a similar conversation about the lack of speed sensation in my GT.
80 mph feels like crawling and it's way too easy to look down at triple digits and not know it.

The car is lighter but very little of the weight difference is actually in the front.
The front motor is only 68lbs from what I recall (so with driveshafts expect maybe 100lbs) and the majority is in the missing battery cells which are located in the rear footwell. So that is centered weight…
The current Air motors weight 163 lbs. It is the future Atlas motor that weighs less.

My air pure awd 19 inch wheels was in service recently and I had 2 different loaners. Both GT and one had 19inch wheels and the other 21. The feel of the 19inch one was identical to mine. From Millbrae to Fremont 30 miles in traffic i drove all the 3 in hot weather 90 to 95F sunny. The 21inch had significantly more road tire noise. 3.1 miles per KWh. The 19 gave 3.5. My pure gave 4. I personally like the motor whine feedback. I never drove rwd but I hear that it is quieter due to the lack of front motor and could appeal to those who drove the 8 cylinder rwd cars. BTW I could absolutely feel the sun in gt and both had glass roof. I even wore a hat in one.

Ok I am sure this will piss some people off? But I bought a pure ten days ago.. and I love it.. it’s quick , fun to drive, and smoother.. runs nearly silent.. I like the body color roof as opposed to the two tone look.
I know I am late responding but I feel compelled to do so. I complete agree with you. I was on the waiting list for a Pure for several years before I gave up and got the Genesis but I didn't want one with a glass roof and I thought the two tone look made it appear to be an old person's car. The metal roofed single color Pure is aesthetically sweet.

Reactions: Plg
I know I am late responding but I feel compelled to do so. I complete agree with you. I was on the waiting list for a Pure for several years before I gave up and got the Genesis but I didn't want one with a glass roof and I thought the two tone look made it appear to be an old person's car. The metal roofed single color Pure is aesthetically sweet.
To each their own 😁
The car, despite its many teething issues, is amazing.

Gt is on 19s and my pure has the 20s , so pirelles with more sidewall on GT vs Michelin tires with less sidewall on the pure
Having Pure AWD on 19s and having driven a loaner on 21s, it’s surprising to hear your 20s are smoother than the 19s. Must be the weight of the GT.

Back