Pure vs grand touring

The question is here: Can you afford a GT? It's like asking: Do you want a BMW X7 40 or the X7 M50?
Why would you ever go with the X7 40? To save gas (then you would look for another model/brand).
However, if you can't afford the add. 14k for the M50 then the X7 40 is still a good choice and maybe next time you make it to the M50 :-)

Back to Lucid: If you have the money, I would always go with the GT (the AWD is already enough justification for that).

Who really cares about the front motor noise to make a decision to buy a Pure?
Also, if I am not on a long Road Trip and have to watch out for efficiency, I always drive in Sprint (my BMW and Ioniq 5 are also always "on" Sport).

I love the GT and being able to keep the 98% of Elon's Teslas where they belong: Behind me :-)

Yeah, same. It really is a love it / hate it thing, it seems.
Just to clarify the unit I am driving this week kind of does it most of the time.. not just during acceleration or deceleration

MJust to clarify the unit I am driving this week kind of does it most of the time.. not just during acceleration or deceleration
That's your answer.
Best advice i can give.
Do whatever tf you want.

I have AWD Pure and my son has GT both 19". Other than a bit more acceleration the feel of both the cars is similar. For some reason, my sin thought that Pure had more aggressive max regen than GT but that could be just the less weight due to smaller battery in Pure. I could not tell much difference between the two when I drive except on hot days, GT with glass roof surely felt much warmer.

Yeah, same. It really is a love it / hate it thing, it seems.
I barely notice it myself, but I've now had two people in my car who think the motor whine sounds like a siren from a fire truck or ambulance, and are sure I need to pull over.

I have Grand Touring 21”, I like how it drive. I wanted a Pure for another family member, but we waited so long and just settled for Polestar2.
I wanted the Pure and was on the waiting list for a very long time. Eventually Lucid announced that it was going to release the specs on the Pure. Finally, I thought. Then they came out with only the specs for the AWD version. When the GV60P became available in Scottsdale, I gave up and got the GV60P. It checked as many boxes for me as the Lucid, just different ones. The biggest one I am missing is handling. I really miss the handling of a well designed sedan. [the other big miss, to many, is range; but I don't care about range so it wasn't that important to me]

Interesting but meaningless aside: Polestar has its design studio in Scottsdale in the same mall as Lucid.

I have a Pura AWD and have spent much time behind the wheel of GT loaners. A friend also has a Touring I have briefly driven, .I also got a chance to try a Pure RWD recently. My car feels quite similar to the Touring and GT in everyday driving.. The upper trims offer a bit more content, and the GT is a rocket when you have a chance to launch, but in most cases for me there is negligible difference in the everyday driving experience around town in AWD versions.. Meanwhile, the Pure RWD has a lighter more sporting feel handling-wise...Feels like you can throw it around a bit more, The lighter weight and balance makes it a fun ride.. With the current deals Lucid is offering on Pure RWD it might be best buy anywhere!

I have a Pura AWD and have spent much time behind the wheel of GT loaners. A friend also has a Touring I have briefly driven, .I also got a chance to try a Pure RWD recently. My car feels quite similar to the Touring and GT in everyday driving.. The upper trims offer a bit more content, and the GT is a rocket when you have a chance to launch, but in most cases for me there is negligible difference in the everyday driving experience around town in AWD versions.. Meanwhile, the Pure RWD has a lighter more sporting feel handling-wise...Feels like you can throw it around a bit more, The lighter weight and balance makes it a fun ride.. With the current deals Lucid is offering on Pure RWD it might be best buy anywhere!
You phrased it perfectly

Kinda crazy how you have 3 different car personalities with just one model.

Others cars that trim up or down you don't seem to notice much difference other than just the stated specs.

Others cars that trim up or down you don't seem to notice much difference other than just the stated specs.
Very true the gt is a very different car.. Just got my pure back and I am re affirmed that it is smoother and silent compared to the gt I had the las week… but now my pure feels slow lol

Very true the gt is a very different car.. Just got my pure back and I am re affirmed that it is smoother and silent compared to the gt I had the las week… but now my pure feels slow lol
I met Peter when they were opening their Marin Studio we got on a discussion about tracking the Air / when the Stig was driving it at one of their PR events in the UK.

He said "the car (GT) comes alive at 100 mph"

The crazy part is the Air isn't even geared for lower speed torque.

I met Peter when they were opening their Marin Studio we got on a discussion about tracking the Air / when the Stig was driving it at one of their PR events in the UK.

He said "the car (GT) comes alive at 100 mph"

The crazy part is the Air isn't even geared for lower speed torque.
I've never driven it that fast. It's lively enough at lower speeds.

I've never driven it that fast. It's lively enough at lower speeds.
It’s almost scary how comfortable 100+ mph is in this car. I by no means push it that hard often. But the few times I have, it felt like 80 in most cars.

It’s almost scary how comfortable 100+ mph is in this car. I by no means push it that hard often. But the few times I have, it felt like 80 in most cars.
Yeah, you really don't notice. I'll be talking to my wife and she'll point out 'hey bud, maybe slow down' and how the hell does it say 112 lol

see porsche taycan, one car 4 very different variants

I have an AWD pure and after having a GT loaner a couple times, it feels like the best of both worlds.

I still don't get the complaints about the motor whine.. I absolutely adore that.

The Germans have always tended to do that as well. For example, a BMW 530 is very different from a 540 which in turn is very different from a 550 (not to mention the M version). But they are all 5 series cars. Mercedes does the same thing. Even Cadillac has done it although to a somewhat lesser extent.

So it is actually common at the luxury end of the market.

Back