Model S Plaid vs Vs Air Touring

Obviously it's made from vegans.

I don't know what an Alcantra is but I'd love to raise them on a ranch in Wyoming.

Alcantara is the brand name of a synthetic textile with a soft, suede-like microfibre pile, noted for its durability. Alcantara was developed in the 1970s by Miyoshi Okamoto and initially manufactured by the Italian company Alcantara. The term has an Arabic root (Arabic: القنطرة‎, al-qantara) and means "the bridge".

Alcantara is the brand name of a synthetic textile with a soft, suede-like microfibre pile, noted for its durability. Alcantara was developed in the 1970s by Miyoshi Okamoto and initially manufactured by the Italian company Alcantara. The term has an Arabic root (Arabic: القنطرة‎, al-qantara) and means "the bridge".
Why did I not know about the arabic root part? Do wonder what they meant by "the bridge."

Why did I not know about the arabic root part? Do wonder what they meant by "the bridge."
Maybe the bridge between leather and synthetic materials, since it was one of the first to be durable and actually good

Obviously it's made from vegans.

I don't know what an Alcantra is but I'd love to raise them on a ranch in Wyoming.
The part about it being made from vegans is just a rumor. And girl scout cookies aren't made from girl scouts. But I have heard of things being made out of vegetarians. Chef Monk's favorite is a good example.

Attachments

• DSC01691.JPG
    DSC01691.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
I think that most people, including those who sell cars with it, don't know the origin of Alcantera. I assume that people who can't pronounce it don't now the origin, and it's, pronounced alCONtera, not alconTERa. I'm not accusing anybody here of mispronouncing it, since I can't tell when it's typed. But it's an unusual term. I don't know about the bridge part but I suppose that I should look it up.

I am surprised that you rank the Lucid Air in 4th place or even why you are on this forum, because you are not even interested in the car, or own one
It's called trolling. When a person tells you that he knows nothing about a car because he wasn't interested in it but he shows up at a forum that's literally called Lucid Owners, it's not because he thinks that he's giving useful or helpful information to Lucid owners, who may have also owned some of those cars and seriously looked into others.

I wouldn't buy a Fisker because the company hasn't been around long, I don't know if they can become profitable or if they'll stay in business, so I didn't want to take that risk. So I went with a car from a company whose CEO never bankrupted a car company.

I watched most this video I drive a GT and came from a Model S Plaid. You need to try heated massaging chairs my god it’s a game changer. lucid is every bit more luxurious than Tesla. Tesla road noise drove me crazy especially are grainy roads I heard everything. I never get that feeling on my Lucid thank god. For my daily work driver I much prefer Lucid over Plaid

I watched most this video I drive a GT and came from a Model S Plaid. You need to try heated massaging chairs my god it’s a game changer. lucid is every bit more luxurious than Tesla. Tesla road noise drove me crazy especially are grainy roads I heard everything. I never get that feeling on my Lucid thank god. For my daily work driver I much prefer Lucid over Plaid

Oh cool! So you probably can relate quite a bit.

And Yup I mean I think my review mostly mirrors everything you say. Lucid is more luxurious, less road noise, better suspension, and generally the better car. My only issue with the seat and steering wheel is they just aren’t set up for sporty driving. The car’s dynamics are there, but the steering wheel is huge and the seats don’t have any support for cornering. The GT hugs you around your waist, but still nothing for your legs or shoulders. However As a luxury car seat, it’s great!

Oh cool! So you probably can relate quite a bit.

And Yup I mean I think my review mostly mirrors everything you say. Lucid is more luxurious, less road noise, better suspension, and generally the better car. My only issue with the seat and steering wheel is they just aren’t set up for sporty driving. The car’s dynamics are there, but the steering wheel is huge and the seats don’t have any support for cornering. The GT hugs you around your waist, but still nothing for your legs or shoulders. However As a luxury car seat, it’s great!

This was say I traded plaid for GT
IMG_7019.jpeg

I am surprised that you rank the Lucid Air in 4th place or even why you are on this forum, because you are not even interested in the car, or own one

@EXOTIC2 did say that he was ranking the Air based on aesthetics, not on owning or driving the car. He does seem interested in the Lucid brand and clearly acknowledged his aesthetic ranking as a subjective opinion. And, frankly, to my mind his first three choices are all striking car designs. If I couldn't talk about the aesthetics of cars I haven't owned, I would have missed out on far too many enjoyable conversations in my life.

The Karma was a hot mess mechanically and had a notoriously cramped interior, but the couple I saw on the road were real stunners visually.

The Taycan, while considerably toned down from the killer prototype, is nevertheless a car the exudes sporting presence, especially for a sedan.

And, the Model S Plaid . . . . Yes, it's a decade-old design, but one that holds up surprisingly well visually with continuing tweaks. The Model S looked great when it first hit the road, and today we have a Plaid (our second Model S) parked in our garage next to our Air Dream Performance. The Air seems more futuristic and somehow more evolved but, for a muscular stance that telegraphs power and speed, the Plaid design is still hard to beat in a sedan. (I will skip the discussion here of what happens when you get into the passenger cabins of the two cars and find the Air is in a league of its own on many fronts while the years instantly catch up to the Tesla.)

Back