• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Model S Plaid vs Vs Air Touring

I am absolutely not here to talk about non Lucid but I expressed my opinion when the comparison to Tesla came. Tesla is perfect for many people with different use cases. It is not a good idea to compare Tesla with Lucid. My simple summary of Tesla is a great value for the money particularly cost per mile of range and cost per 0 to 60mph and the number of charging stations for those who cannot charge at home. All are good reasons to buy a Tesla. Luxury and self-driving are not the reasons to buy Tesla. That is my opinion.

Far superior is a stretch. Model S at 75k vs a Pure RWD, I'd say the S gives you more bang for your buck. Like everyone says, depends on the person and what they're looking for.
Its not about money, what, you save 5k buying a Tesla model S? I would spend 20k just not to buy a Model S.
I totally disagree. No way would I choose a Lucid Air Pure over a Model S LR, nor is it far superior. But, I know everyone is different and that is my opinion.

I get it if you said Touring or Grand Touring. I find it funny when people say that Lucid blows away a refresh Model S. I think the Model S is still a great looking car too, but there are not many in Ohio compared to West Coast and other areas. For the price, the Model S LR is a great deal - even the Plaid is. Don’t get me wrong though, as I love the Lucid Grand Touring, Touring and DE too. I will end my conversation here, as this is a Lucid forum and really dislike the Tesla/Lucid back and forth talk. I just enoy reading about Lucid’s. 🙂
hahaha....refreshed Model S is a yoke....I mean joke! Just because you redesign light a bit and change screen orientation does nothing! I owned one , hated it!!

I would never take car buying advice from you!!

……. another option up the budget 5K and you can get a 2020 Taycan turbo for 80K. Their resale is in the tank.
No thanks, 200 mile range, you need to drop it at the dealer for updates, cramped interior, poor effoiciency!

Its not about money, what, you save 5k buying a Tesla model S? I would spend 20k just not to buy a Model S.

hahaha....refreshed Model S is a yoke....I mean joke! Just because you redesign light a bit and change screen orientation does nothing! I owned one , hated it!!

I would never take car buying advice from you!!

No thanks, 200 mile range, you need to drop it at the dealer for updates, cramped interior, poor effoiciency!
We found @quantum 2.0 /s

As others have said many times on this thread, one size does not fit all. To go as far as to say "I would spend 20k just not to buy a Model S" is a bit out of hand. But hey, you do you.

As others have said many times on this thread, one size does not fit all. To go as far as to say "I would spend 20k just not to buy a Model S" is a bit out of hand. But hey, you do you.
Yep and that’s how I feel about my Model S!

I'll take it off you for free, no need for the $20k. I'm pretty nice!
Haha, already sold , took a big loss on it. Main issue was the steering/suspension. There was something just not right. Tesla service just kept saying it was normal. That was the last straw.

Agree, I’m strongly biased for that reason.

Maybe improvements were made or my car was an outlier. But, hey, I was not prepared to give them another chance and bought a Lucid.

Haha, already sold , took a big loss on it. Main issue was the steering/suspension. There was something just not right. Tesla service just kept saying it was normal. That was the last straw.

Maybe improvements were made or my car was an outlier. But, hey, I was not prepared to give them another chance and bought a Lucid.
Do you mean the vibration near highway speeds?

I think you just had a bad experience, but can't blame you for thinking that way after the bad experience. I had a Honda as my first car, which breaks down all the time, however, everyone else Honda Accord was fine, except mine. I too vouch to never buy a Honda since then.

I think you just had a bad experience, but can't blame you for thinking that way after the bad experience. I had a Honda as my first car, which breaks down all the time, however, everyone else Honda Accord was fine, except mine. I too vouch to never buy a Honda since then.
"It takes a lifetime to gain a reputation, but it takes 1 second for you to lose it."

Do you mean the vibration near highway speeds?
No,difficult to explain. It was a loud sound and some loosness in the steering when making acute fast turns. It just didn't seem right. Perhaps it was a suspension issue with all the recent news about suspension problems that some Teslas had. Being a car enthusiast, I just didn't want to keep the car anymore.

What's the story here? I know it's off topic and the person profile is gone?
Wait, he’s gone?

Nevertheless, just read some of his older replies to get an idea. I hate teslas too but man, not even 5 percent of the hate compared to him lol

Wait, he’s gone?

Nevertheless, just read some of his older replies to get an idea. I hate teslas too but man, not even 5 percent of the hate compared to him lol
There's nothing cause the profile is gone.

You can search posts under member Quantum. Looks like the last post is dated 11/24/23. I could still follow him/her so I doubt the profile is gone.

You can search posts under member Quantum. Looks like the last post is dated 11/24/23. I could still follow him/her so I doubt the profile is gone.
See attached screenshot. Not the case for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231223-143559.png
    Screenshot_20231223-143559.png
    475.6 KB · Views: 47
Back