Trade in value 2022 Lucid GT

I see the cheapest one on auto trader for 79k then minus 15% off is $67k so $65k ?
i think 15% is too much margin, most companies like carmax, carvana, vroom work on way less margin. I'd say $5-8k below the cheapest one if you're lucky and find a desperate company looking for inventory. Or just post it on cars and bids or bringatrailer like someone posted above

Okay I will try that
First, try selling it on an auction site with a set reserve, which could possibly yield higher results as people want the car. Then, try to sell the car privately(NOT a trade in), which will likely be around the same price as the auction. As a last resort, trade it in to a dealership for the lowest prices.

It is important to note though, are you planning to buy a car from the dealership that you trade the GT to? If so, the trade in could POSSIBLY give you additional negotiating leverage.

I believe there were a couple on cars.com or CarGurus for 69 and 72K. Many of the ones listed have been on their sites 45-60 days.
My long time buddy is a GM at one of the larger Highline dealerships in Florida. He told me today the high dollar used EV market is brutal. They’re not even offering buy prices. His main point was the market is changing rapidly, they can’t take chance on inventory sitting so currently not taking in
no EV Porsches, /no plaids/ no Etrons. I was looking to purchase one until Gravity arrival … but have decided to pass for now. May decide on a GT perf down the line in spring. I think you may get depending on miles 70-75 retail. I don’t think you’ll see that on trade.
A lot has changed in the past three or four months and it’s also a year older now as we are in 24.

Last edited:
I think if I keep the car 8 years or so I would have paid 99k in 8 years of ownership. So that’s 35k potentially saved if I cut the cord now. But 35k over 8 years is coming out like 4k a year opportunity cost. So it’s not a horrible thing to keep the car for bit longer extended time to maximize battery warranty. Running math helps me realize I am doing a lot of mental math for noting. It’s interesting to learn that the market for EVs is changing quickly I wonder if that’s due to record low gas prices ??

‘Record low’ gas prices? Where’s that? Lower gas prices than the last year or two, but not record low.

I think if I keep the car 8 years or so I would have paid 99k in 8 years of ownership. So that’s 35k potentially saved if I cut the cord now. But 35k over 8 years is coming out like 4k a year opportunity cost. So it’s not a horrible thing to keep the car for bit longer extended time to maximize battery warranty. Running math helps me realize I am doing a lot of mental math for noting. It’s interesting to learn that the market for EVs is changing quickly I wonder if that’s due to record low gas prices ??
It is capital you won't have now, though. You have to account for the fact that the money could be used for investments or savings accounts, which would grow that money more!

If you are financially in a good shape and can afford it, I would keep it and hedge your bets that the EV market could go up. I suspect it soon will.

A car isn’t an investment. A luxury car is even worse. Cars only depreciate and if the peak price is over $100k then you’ll get burned looking at prices constantly. Enjoy the car and eat the money when you stopped enjoying the car.

A car isn’t an investment. A luxury car is even worse. Cars only depreciate and if the peak price is over $100k then you’ll get burned looking at prices constantly. Enjoy the car and eat the money when you stopped enjoying the car.
Yep. This is my first foray into the luxury car world. If I've learned anything it's that you buy something you enjoy and love, and can afford. Then stop thinking about what you paid for it. Nothing good can come from that.

Yep. This is my first foray into the luxury car world. If I've learned anything it's that you buy something you enjoy and love, and can afford. Then stop thinking about what you paid for it. Nothing good can come from that.
💯

This is the only way to stay sane. And just wait until you get into your first fender-bender. Suddenly, your "investment" is shot anyway.

Just enjoy the car if you can afford it. If you don't or can't, pick a different car to enjoy.

Back