Touring or Pure

The Pure needs to be Lucid's driver's car. Start with the battery pack. We are approaching the point where a 300 Mile range sufficient with all the new charging stations coming on line. Drop the weight to 4000 lbs and the Pure will transform to a 4 door rear biased sports sedan with superb driving dynamics. Shaving 1200 lbs off is not easy but I trust the ex-Lotus team can make it happen.

Speak for yourself Mike. It is still hard to find fast charging stations and range is a principal reason that I reserved a Lucid...Range plus performance puts Lucid in a small pool of car makers. Drop the range and Lucid has many competitors.

Speak for yourself Mike. It is still hard to find fast charging stations and range is a principal reason that I reserved a Lucid...Range plus performance puts Lucid in a small pool of car makers. Drop the range and Lucid has many competitors.
Agreed. This is why I reserved a Lucid and also why I'm curious about the dual motor Pure range.

I often travel east from Dallas to south Arkansas. Between Dallas and Arkansas traveling on I-30 or I-20 there is only one level 3 charger that I can find which is located on I-30 in Mount Pleasant (Electrify America). I-20 has none (excluding all the Tesla superchargers on both interstates). There are other chargers at dealerships etc that show up on plug share but they don't seem to be particularly public and most if not all are level 2. So basically I have the choice of a Tesla (which to me looks like they forgot to install the interior) or an EV with a lot of range. Of course all this could change in a year or so but for now that is the situation.

The Pure needs to be Lucid's driver's car. Start with the battery pack. We are approaching the point where a 300 Mile range sufficient with all the new charging stations coming on line. Drop the weight to 4000 lbs and the Pure will transform to a 4 door rear biased sports sedan with superb driving dynamics. Shaving 1200 lbs off is not easy but I trust the ex-Lotus team can make it happen.

300 miles range is no where near sufficient in a car priced this high. It needs to at least match the refresh Tesla Model S at 407 and should even be higher. Especially, when you consider the ranges published are not even close to what you get in real world driving. Also, in Midwest the charging infrastructure is still very weak and even it was stronger, I don’t want to do more stops because range is so short.

I wish it was easier to understand the differences of the Pure and Touring, especially if you are able to add options to get the Pure more close to Touring in performance.

Also, they need to better describe what Dreamdrive Pro gets you? Is it just full FSD, like on Tesla or is that really the only way to get blindspot and all the other options they say it includes.

Lucid really needs to clean up their ordering website. It is too confusing. If Pure can come with AWD and other options then list them and explain what they do better. If full glass roof is really an option in the Touring, then make it an option that you can deselect. Too confusing.

My SA told me Dreamdrive pro comes with extra hardware like Ladar and can’t be retrofitted. Dreamdrive includes majority of the advanced drivers assistance features, so I am not sure it’s worth to spend 9k now for a feature that won’t be available in near future.

I wish it was easier to understand the differences of the Pure and Touring, especially if you are able to add options to get the Pure more close to Touring in performance.

Also, they need to better describe what Dreamdrive Pro gets you? Is it just full FSD, like on Tesla or is that really the only way to get blindspot and all the other options they say it includes.

Lucid really needs to clean up their ordering website. It is too confusing. If Pure can come with AWD and other options then list them and explain what they do better. If full glass roof is really an option in the Touring, then make it an option that you can deselect. Too confusing.
I totally agree. I emailed Lucid and asked about the additional motor and any changes in Pure concerning range but I didn't get an answer. I just got an explanation of the differences between Touring and Pure. You would think an additional motor on the Pure would impact range and horsepower. Hopefully those answers will come closer to time to firm up orders.

My SA told me Dreamdrive pro comes with extra hardware like Ladar and can’t be retrofitted. Dreamdrive includes majority of the advanced drivers assistance features, so I am not sure it’s worth to spend 9k now for a feature that won’t be available in near future.
Interesting. You think all models would have those features built in and then they copy the subscription model Tesla has to activate them. If the features are like Tesla FSD, then in my opinion it is not worth the $9k based. Maybe, it is worth it if you plan on keeping your car for years, but that is not me, as too many changes to the EV landscape.

On my Tesla, I just subscribe when I want to use the Full FSD, but all it really includes is automatic lane passing, which is a bad value. Tesla is not even close to full FSD based on my experience.

If the features are like Tesla FSD, then in my opinion it is not worth the $9k based.
They haven't actually demonstrated (or even cogently stated) anything this $9k system can do, even in a choreographed media event, despite shipping it already. To me this does not bode well for its eventual capabilities.

Reactions: DBV
They haven't actually demonstrated (or even cogently stated) anything this $9k system can do, even in a choreographed media event, despite shipping it already. To me this does not bode well for its eventual capabilities.
That's because unlike Tesla, Lucid is going through regulators first instead of just releasing something and calling it Beta.

That's because unlike Tesla, Lucid is going through regulators first instead of just releasing something and calling it Beta.
Ok, but if you are going to sell something for z49k you can’t sell a pipedream, at least to me. Tell me what it does, demonstrate it, what does the $9k get me and how long until regulators ok it. Do I not get blindspot if I don’t get this system. Put the features you actually get for $9k, as most of those features that are listed are standard in most cars these days. So, what is standard and what do I get extra for $9k? That is all I want to know. These new car companies really need to get better at PR and explaining options. Really not that hard. Euro’s are light years ahead of them. :)

Which I am in favor of. But why no tech demo? Is that prohibited by regulation?

I have several months until I even confirm, but from what I read from other members (including myself), quite a few Touring/Pure orders won't buy DreamDrive Pro because they believe it won't be out for years to come.

I have several months until I even confirm, but from what I read from other members (including myself), quite a few Touring/Pure orders won't buy DreamDrive Pro because they believe it won't be out for years to come.

I understand that there may be hardware for Dream Drive Pro so if one doesn't order it, it can't be activated. But I also, like many, don't want to spend $9K on an unknown feature. My suggestion for Lucid is to offer the hardware at a bare cost basis (say $2K or something in that range) with an activation option of the remainder (in my example, $7K)).

I would be willing to invest the $2K in the hardware but not $9K on a system that may never do anything.

I understand that there may be hardware for Dream Drive Pro so if one doesn't order it, it can't be activated. But I also, like many, don't want to spend $9K on an unknown feature. My suggestion for Lucid is to offer the hardware at a bare cost basis (say $2K or something in that range) with an activation option of the remainder (in my example, $7K)).

I would be willing to invest the $2K in the hardware but not $9K on a system that may never do anything.

Almost too sensible to imagine happening.

Based on Tesla, any complete Dream Drive Pro functionality will be many years down the line. You will probably trade it in by that time to get updated technology. I would recommend not spending the extra money, especially if you are getting a Pure. If you are getting a Touring and planning to keep it for a long time, the equation might be different.

Based on Tesla, any complete Dream Drive Pro functionality will be many years down the line. You will probably trade it in by that time to get updated technology. I would recommend not spending the extra money, especially if you are getting a Pure. If you are getting a Touring and planning to keep it for a long time, the equation might be different.
Yep ... not gonna get fooled again ... even though I only paid $2K for FSD when they had the firesale, I've never realized any of the benefits. And no, auto lane change and exits as well as a ding when a light turns green doesn't qualify (sorry Tesla).

Last edited:
Yep ... not gonna get fooled again ... even though I only paid $2K for FSD when they had the firesafe, I've never realized any of the benefits. And no, auto lane change and exits as well as a ding when a light turns green doesn't qualify (sorry Tesla).
I was fooled twice. Did not sign up the third. The standard cruise is fine on long trips and does a good job in bumper to bumper traffic as well.

or is that really the only way to get blindspot and all the other options they say it includes.
All ADAS safety features are included in standard DD. Pro only gets you the hardware and future software to enable L3 hands free driving.

I totally agree. I emailed Lucid and asked about the additional motor and any changes in Pure concerning range but I didn't get an answer. I just got an explanation of the differences between Touring and Pure. You would think an additional motor on the Pure would impact range and horsepower. Hopefully those answers will come closer to time to firm up orders.
Same thing happened to me. The sales guy just regurgitated the pitifully limited info on the Lucid website. As mentioned before by someone here, LUCID PR dept really needs to step up a few notches.

Back