Touring or Pure

Without the motor upfront there would be room for frunk. So will the single motor version have a larger frunk?
I think the innovation with the motors is so that they didn't take up space allowing for a big frunk. The standard frunk size is able to fit a 5'4" person in it, so it's pretty big.

Edit: I realize saying this sounds like I put a body that I killed in it, for further context - someone posted themselves sitting in the frunk not the other thing.
1649857236308.png

I think the innovation with the motors is so that they didn't take up space allowing for a big frunk. The standard frunk size is able to fit a 5'4" person in it, so it's pretty big.

Edit: I realize saying this sounds like I put a body that I killed in it, for further context - someone posted themselves sitting in the frunk not the other thing.View attachment 1551
Sure sure how convenient

Edit: I realize saying this sounds like I put a body that I killed in it, for further context - someone posted themselves sitting in the frunk not the other thing.View attachment 1551
It can fit two when positioned properly

I can see the headlines now. “Couple ticketed for public nudeness making love in their Lucid frunk!”

...let's steer the conversation back towards Touring/Pure.

Without the motor upfront there would be room for frunk. So will the single motor version have a larger frunk?
The frunk is the same size in all trims and the motor is dinky. Fits in a carry on.
1649876893667.jpeg

Terrific and damn hilarious!

The frunk is the same size in all trims and the motor is dinky. Fits in a carry on.
View attachment 1565
I believe I read that the Pure has a few inches of extra legroom because it only has a single motor upfront. If you add the 2nd motor in the rear for AWD, don't you lose those few extra inches of legroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe I read that the Pure has a few inches of extra legroom because it only has a single motor upfront. If you add the 2nd motor in the rear for AWD, don't you lose those few extra inches of legroom.
The legroom in the back comes from less battery modules not a lack of motor.

With fewer battery modules, your feet will have a "well" to drop into, which will allow for a more perpendicular sitting position, which should be more comfortable. I don't know if you get extra legroom (which I think of as knee space), but that may just be a definition difference between people. Regardless, I'm eager to see how the back seat sitting position is when the touring model comes out.

This would imply that there is actually more legroom with the Pure

• Legroom (Rear) Long Range Battery
    35.8 inches, 910 mm
  • Legroom (Rear) Standard Range Battery
    37.4 inches, 951 mm
Yes the Pure comes with the Standard Range Battery. As Hydbob mentioned the additional legroom comes from the space made by the removal of two battery modules.

The match says the car should be able to match the Tesla numbers. 18 modules will give the car a 95kWh battery capacity and at 4.2x95 =400 mile range. It should also do better on local roads as it should weigh a lot less.

my current configuration of the pure is nesr 86k and if configure touring under legacy pricing it’s 98k. It’s only 12k difference and you get 140hp better leather seats, possibly ventilation, and option for 21inch wheels.

Is ventilated seats confirmed?
I prefer metal roof over glass.
Sound upgrade is a must.
21 inch wheels I dunno if I need that.
620 hp, and my advisor told me pure awd is still 480 ho.

So the 140 additional hp really becomes key in this decision. I also like that they offered me legacy price on touring. Would you do it??

my current configuration of the pure is nesr 86k and if configure touring under legacy pricing it’s 98k. It’s only 12k difference and you get 140hp better leather seats, possibly ventilation, and option for 21inch wheels.

Sound upgrade is a must.

So the 140 additional hp really becomes key in this decision. I also like that they offered me legacy price on touring. Would you do it??
When I talked to my advisor, she told me AWD will have similar HP as Touring. It is hard to believe AWD will have same HP as RWD.

Sound upgrade is a must.

The extra hp is not needed, certainly for the 12k. For me it would depend on the other options.

Well I took the leap yolo turned my pure to touring and got the legacy price :)

Attachments

• D9AAE981-7BE5-4D45-8C34-C6A9A72C31DA.png
    D9AAE981-7BE5-4D45-8C34-C6A9A72C31DA.png
    659.1 KB · Views: 154
Back