Touring or Pure

Congrats! So you ended up choosing the glass over the metal roof?
They told me you select glass roof now until metal roof option opens closer to production date. I much prefer metal roof.

my current configuration of the pure is nesr 86k and if configure touring under legacy pricing it’s 98k. It’s only 12k difference and you get 140hp better leather seats, possibly ventilation, and option for 21inch wheels.

Is ventilated seats confirmed?
I prefer metal roof over glass.
Sound upgrade is a must.
21 inch wheels I dunno if I need that.
620 hp, and my advisor told me pure awd is still 480 ho.

So the 140 additional hp really becomes key in this decision. I also like that they offered me legacy price on touring. Would you do it??
No. But I don't want the glass roof (too hot for Scottsdale) and I prefer the 19" wheels for range. 480 HP should be enough for me, especially since the car is lighter than the higher editiions.

I just have three requirements to complete my purchase: (1) that Lucid keeps its promise to honor the pricing; (2) Lucid continues to improve its software; and (3) Lucid does not significantly decontent the Pure (I have no problem with the lack of ventilated seats as I have them and rarely use them right now). It will be nice if I get the federal tax credit but, for me, that is not a requirement.

AWDDestination fee20" TiresSurreal Sound ProPaintDream DriveMSRP
$77,400.00​
$5,000.00​
$1,500.00​
$1,500.00​
$2,900.00​
$800.00​
$9,000.00​
$98,100.00​
$77,400.00​
$5,000.00​
$1,500.00​
$0.00​
$2,900.00​
$800.00​
$9,000.00​
$96,600.00​
$77,400.00​
$0.00​
$1,500.00​
$1,500.00​
$0.00​
$0.00​
$0.00​
$80,400.00​
$77,400.00​
$0.00​
$1,500.00​
$0.00​
$0.00​
$0.00​
$0.00​
$78,900.00​

Final price of a Pure with all options and then just vanilla options if you're under the old price range.

$77,400.00​
$5,000.00​
$1,500.00​
$1,500.00​
$2,900.00​
$800.00​
$9,000.00​
$98,100.00​
$77,400.00​
$5,000.00​
$1,500.00​
$0.00​
$2,900.00​
$800.00​
$9,000.00​
$96,600.00​
$77,400.00​
$0.00​
$1,500.00​
$1,500.00​
$0.00​
$0.00​
$0.00​
$80,400.00​
$77,400.00​
$0.00​
$1,500.00​
$0.00​
$0.00​
$0.00​
$0.00​
$78,900.00​

Final price of a Pure with all options and then just vanilla options if you're under the old price range.
Sorry forgot to include the price of AWD and then the other options set to $0.00 except the tires.
$77,400.00$5,000.00$1,500.00$0.00$0.00$0.00$0.00$83,900.00
$77,400.00$5,000.00$1,500.00$1,500.00$0.00$0.00$0.00$85,400.00

Spoke with a Lucid Engineer/Mechanic from the corporate headquarters during Monterey car week. He said the Pure AWD will likely have 620 hp, and a 18 module battery (standard) vs a 22 module found on the GT. I was told that each module weighs 110 pounds, and the PURE will be 440 pounds lighter (having 4 less modules). There MAY also be any option to have the 22 module battery as a "range" option as part of the AWD feature on the non GT cars, and those decisions are being made now. We should know the definite answers to all these questions by Q4.

Last edited:
Aren't the batteries quite a bit different between the 2?

The 118-kWh pack uses Samsung batteries, and the 112-kWh pack uses LG Chem batteries.

However, for the Grand Touring and lower trims, the packs use LG Chem batteries with the only difference being the number of modules: 22 vs. 18. I've heard the smaller pack will have a 92-kWh capacity.

With fewer battery modules, your feet will have a "well" to drop into, which will allow for a more perpendicular sitting position, which should be more comfortable. I don't know if you get extra legroom (which I think of as knee space), but that may just be a definition difference between people. Regardless, I'm eager to see how the back seat sitting position is when the touring model comes out.
This would imply that there is actually more legroom with the Pure

• Legroom (Rear) Long Range Battery
    35.8 inches, 910 mm
  • Legroom (Rear) Standard Range Battery
    37.4 inches, 951 mm

I've sat in a car with the smaller battery pack at the West Palm Beach Design Studio. The front-to-back legroom is the same with the larger and smaller battery pack. However, the floorboard is 3.15" lower with the smaller pack, and it does make a considerable difference in seating comfort, as the knees bend at a more relaxed angle. The rear seating with the larger pack is quite comfortable. The smaller pack elevates the rear seating comfort of the Air to Mercedes S Class and BMW 7 Series levels.

The legroom measurements given on the Lucid website for the larger and smaller battery pack differ by more than the 3.15" difference in floorboard drop. I asked Zak Edson, the VP of Sales & Service, about this, and he said it was due to a difference in measuring technique between the two versions.

This caused me to go onto the internet to find out how legroom is measured. I found out there are no standards imposed by any regulatory or industry body, and the various methods manufacturers use are a real hodgepodge and can vary across models even within the same brand. I have also learned over time that the opinion of journalists are useless for determining whether seating will meet one's requirements. (Most journalists early on commented favorably on the copious cabin room in the Tesla Model S front and back seats. My experience from owning two Model S's is that they are not suitable for carrying adults in the rear seats over long distances.)

If rear seating comfort is a big issue for a buyer, there is no substitute for checking out an actual car if at all possible.

Spoke with a Lucid Engineer/Mechanic from the corporate headquarters during Monterey car week. He said the Pure AWD will likely have 620 hp, and a 18 module battery (standard) vs a 22 module found on the GT. I was told that each module weighs 110 pounds, and the PURE will be 440 pounds lighter (having 4 less modules). There MAY also be any option to have the 22 module battery as a "range" option as part of the AWD feature on the non GT cars, and those decisions are being made now. We should know the definite answers to all these questions by Q4.

I was also told some time ago by my sales rep that Lucid may add the smaller battery pack as an option to the Grand Touring for customers who want the features of the Grand Touring cabin but don't need the range.

Also, if Lucid ever goes forward with the Executive Rear Seating recliners they once touted, I'm told they will come only with the smaller battery pack, as the extending footrests will not work with the higher floorboard of the larger pack.

Interesting. In my test drive in Scottsdale a couple of months ago Ethan (he was terrific) told me the same thing: that the Pure would weigh 400 pounds less.

Interesting. Thx for the 411

How does that compare to the Model S?
The specs on the Model S say around 4,600 pounds; the specs on the Lucid grand touring say around 5,200 pounds. So taking off 400 pounds would put it around 4,800 pounds. Not a huge difference. I think the better luxury accouterments on the Lucid more than account for that extra weight.

I'll be glad when Lucid publishes the exact differences in the two models. I'm contemplating upgrading to Touring as I have decided I want a Pure with DDP, SSP, and AWD so it's not that much less than a similarly equipped Touring at the old pricing. I would just need to know the differences. If the HP will be the same on an AWD Pure as a Touring then that would be one less incentive to upgrade to Touring.

I'll be glad when Lucid publishes the exact differences in the two models. I'm contemplating upgrading to Touring as I have decided I want a Pure with DDP, SSP, and AWD so it's not that much less than a similarly equipped Touring at the old pricing. I would just need to know the differences. If the HP will be the same on an AWD Pure as a Touring then that would be one less incentive to upgrade to Touring.
This is exactly why I doubt the AWD Pure will have the same HP as Touring. But we'll have to see.
I agree, it's way past time for Lucid to fill in the blanks on this chart.

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 4.08.29 PM.png

Not sure the charging system in the Pure, but the Touring is 700V and both Touring and Pure are equivalent where it matters: range (406). We now know the cost of 20" vs 19" wheels is $1500 and the extra motor is $5000. So I am not quite sure where the other $13,100 standard options in the Touring come from. Touring does have additional options Pure doesn't in the glass canopy and 21" wheels, however, they cost extra and are not included in the $95,000.
What about leather seats and sun shades?

What about leather seats and sun shades?
Cooled front seats, too. And not only are the seats leather, but you can choose from a variety of interior colors, unlike with Pure.

The 118-kWh pack uses Samsung batteries, and the 112-kWh pack uses LG Chem batteries.

However, for the Grand Touring and lower trims, the packs use LG Chem batteries with the only difference being the number of modules: 22 vs. 18. I've heard the smaller pack will have a 92-kWh capacity.
I think that 403 mile range / 92-kWh means best case 4.38 miles/kWh.
Is this useful?

Attachments

• tempImageFgpwP0.png
    tempImageFgpwP0.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 115
When I had my test drive a couple of months ago the Lucid associate (Ethan) told me the same thing...about 400 pounds less for the Pure. Smaller battery pack and no second motor. Living in Scottsdale I am okay with both although I would likely opt for the long range battery option if it were offered.

This is exactly why I doubt the AWD Pure will have the same HP as Touring. But we'll have to see.
I agree, it's way past time for Lucid to fill in the blanks on this chart.

View attachment 4479

so you pay $5000+ and you no more hp, more weight and less range. What is the incentive to even get AWD?

Back