Touring or Pure

I can't comment on your specific adjustments on the steering wheel. I'm guessing the Pure just has manual adjustments and probably can be positioned to the same extent as the power adjustments.

One the pure, there is a 12 way power driver seat. Should we start a new thread to figure out what the 12 and 14 ways are that each one moves? I'm thinking the Touring adds gyroscope and ferris wheel adjustments lol
based on your lists, both the pure and touring has the "Power Tilt & Telescopic Steering Column with Memory" as standard

Assuming I have been given accurate information, the features that come standard on Touring and not on Pure are the following (and only the dual motor AWD is available on Pure as an option):
Dual motor AWD (available on Pure)
Heated wipers
power sunshades
Power Frunk
power steering wheel adjustments
14 way power driver seat
Ventilated front seats
premium leather
Walnut/carbon oak trim
Alcantara headliner
Sorry for the mistake above. I made that list early yesterday before I had coffee! There is a power steering wheel in each model standard. The difference is that the Touring is leather wrapped.

I'm surprised the Pure doesn't still get the powered Frunk, since all the reviews mention the feature as being well received. I wonder why Lucid wouldn't included it on every model especially since that's the biggest complaint when it comes to the Tesla Frunk or any car with a Frunk but not powered.

Based on Halodde's lists

Standard equipment available on Touring that is NOT available as standard for Pure:

· Dual Permanent Magnet Motors (optional upgrade for Pure)
- Dual Motor, AWD (included with Dual Motor optional upgrade)
- Semi-Active Damping (included with Dual Motor optional upgrade)
· 20 x 8.5" (F) / 20 X 9.5" (R) Aero Lite Wheels (Cast) with P245/40R20 (F) & P265/40R20 (R) Michelin Pilot Sport EV Summer Tires (optional upgrade for Pure)
· Soft-Close Doors
· Heated Precision Wipers - Rain-Sensing & Variable-Intermittent
· Power Rear Window Sunshade
· Power Rear Side Window Sunshades
· Power Frunk Open/Close
· Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
· 14-Way Power Adjustable Front Seats with Memory (12-Way Power Adjustable Front Seats with Memory standard for Pure)
· Ventilated Front Seats
· Selection of interior trim: Santa Cruz, Tahoe, Mojave (only Mojave PureLuxe Leather with Obsidian Décor interior available for Pure)
- Nappa Full-Grain & Premium Natural Grain Leather Seat Material​
- North American Walnut Trim, Carbon Oak Trim (no cost option)​
- Alcantara Headliner​

Optional upgradable equipment available on Touring that is NOT available for Pure:
· Stealth Look
· Glass Canopy Roof with Heat & Sunlight Blocking Technology
· 21 x 8.5" (F) / 21 X 9.5" (R) Aero Blade Wheels (Cast) with P245/35R21 (F) & P265/35R21 (R) Pirelli PZERO PZ4 Summer Tires

Last edited:
Touring looking more appealing. Like a lot of the options that come with the Touring and not the Pure.

One thing that’s very interesting is that highway assist is not offered on the standard dream drive? Every lucid rep and sales advisor I have talked to, said all Lucids come with basic autopilot similar to Tesla.

It seems like Lucid’s “highway assist“ is same as Tesla auto pilot but only offered on DD Pro. Seems like the customers are being misinformed. Basic autopilot is more than just ACC and Lane departure protection. This comment has nothing to do with pure vs. Touring. But if highway assist is not offered then I think Lucid needs to better educate their customers.

I disagree. "similar to Tesla" does not mean identical to Tesla. One would have to line up the Tesla features and compare them to DD to see if they are in fact similar.

· Driver Selectable Modes: Smooth, Swift, Sprint, & Valet (Valet Mode Later Availability)
Aha! This is what I hope happens pretty soon - an actual valet mode (guessing that includes a speed limit and geo-fencing) instead of that bullshit "valet" card. I'm pretty certain that someone at Lucid misheard "wallet" as "valet" and that stuck.

I disagree. "similar to Tesla" does not mean identical to Tesla. One would have to line up the Tesla features and compare them to DD to see if they are in fact similar.
Sure we can get technical about the use of words by saying ‘similar’ is not same as ‘identical’.

But again when someone uses the word auto-pilot in the industry it’s understood and implied what it means. The rest of the features dream drive offers except auto parking are nothing revolutionary or worth advertising. ACC has existed in cars as early as early 2010s. You can get lane avoidance in basic cars as Honda civics since 2015. There is almost nothing revolutionary on dream drive that not all MFR are already providing in some form.

If someone says autopilot the core concept of that feature revolves around the fact it can do “active lane centering“ similar to other worthy systems in the industry - Bluecruise, super cruise, etc.

Again, I use the word similar not identical because the core value, ‘ACTIVE LANE CENTERING’ is same on all of them - just called by different names due to advertising and probably due to legal implications.

FYI, when I did talk to my advisor, I was told “Lucid Air will come with dream drive level 2 autonomy (same as Tesla Autopilot)”.

Assuming I have been given accurate information, the features that come standard on Touring and not on Pure are the following (and only the dual motor AWD is available on Pure as an option):
Dual motor AWD (available on Pure)
Heated wipers
power sunshades
Power Frunk
power steering wheel adjustments
14 way power driver seat
Ventilated front seats
premium leather
Walnut/carbon oak trim
Alcantara headliner
Thank you for posting this! I think I'm about to upgrade from Pure to Touring as I was interested in a fully loaded Pure anyway.

Some of this depends on what you mean by Tesla "Autopilot". Some of the features of the original "Autopilot" (which was a pricey option) were moved over to "FSD", and the "Autopilot" feature that is now standard in Teslas is pretty much nothing more than adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist.

I wish the Pure came with the sun shades and power frunk. There is a rumor that Tesla is planning to add power frunks to all their cars lol. There was some code found on the latest release.

h
Based on Halodde's lists

Standard equipment available on Touring that is NOT available as standard for Pure:

· 20 x 8.5" (F) / 20 X 9.5" (R) Aero Lite Wheels (Cast) with P245/40R20 (F) & P265/40R20 (R) Michelin Pilot Sport EV Summer Tires (optional upgrade for Pure)
· Soft-Close Doors
· Power Frunk Open/Close
· 14-Way Power Adjustable Front Seats with Memory (12-Way Power Adjustable Front Seats with Memory standard for Pure)
· Ventilated Front Seats
· Selection of interior trim: Santa Cruz, Tahoe, Mojave (only Mojave PureLuxe Leather with Obsidian Décor interior available for Pure)
- Alcantara Headliner​

Optional upgradable equipment available on Touring that is NOT available for Pure:
· Stealth Look
· 21 x 8.5" (F) / 21 X 9.5" (R) Aero Blade Wheels (Cast) with P245/35R21 (F) & P265/35R21 (R) Pirelli PZERO PZ4 Summer Tires
if Michelin tires are an upgrade, and Pirelli are not available, what then?

Based on Halodde's lists

· Soft-Close Doors
· Power Frunk Open/Close
· Ventilated Front Seats
- Alcantara Headliner​

· Stealth Look
Do you know what is missing with 12 way verses 14 way seats?

h

if Michelin tires are an upgrade, and Pirelli are not available, what then?
The 19" wheels come with Pirelli PZERO AS+, the 20" wheels come with Michelin Pilot Sport EV, and the 21" come with Pirelli PZERO PZ4.

The Pure comes standard with the 19" wheels with an optional upgrade to 20" wheels. The Pure does NOT have the option for 21" wheels, but the Touring has an optional upgrade to the 21" wheels.

What is missing with Pure’s 12-way seating?

I wish the Pure came with the sun shades and power frunk. There is a rumor that Tesla is planning to add power frunks to all their cars lol. There was some code found on the latest release.
My guess is eventually Lucid will settle on two trims for Air (Sapphire not included, as that’s a performance division) and at that point some of the nicer Touring features will be included (or at least optional) on the ”entry level” model.

It took Tesla several years to add a power trunk to the Model 3. And it still doesn’t have a power frunk. They were trying too hard to bring the entry price down, which didn’t end up panning out. They seem to have let go of the entire notion of a $30k Tesla for the time being. Lucid may do the same with Air and just let it start at $100k.

GT and GT-P will merge. Touring and Pure will merge.

But that will be sometime after this initial run. And after Gravity ships, likely.

Just my guess.

I’m not sure but if I had to guess it would be thigh support and lumbar support, since those both use different motors.
Another thing that doesn’t make me switch to a Touring.
Thanks. You are probably right.

Back