Touring or Pure

AIR.LUCID

Cars
‘04 Prius, ‘98 MB SLK230
I believe I will be getting the Pure with all possible options, including the 2nd motor, instead of a Touring with no options. Close enough to the same price.

Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 8.31.42 PM.png

Here's a price breakdown for anyone interested. This is for a Lucid Air with:
  • Dual Motors
  • Non-white/black color
  • Dream Drive Pro
  • Surreal Sound System
  • 20" Wheels
  • 620 HP

Aren't the batteries quite a bit different between the 2?

Aren't the batteries quite a bit different between the 2?

Not sure the charging system in the Pure, but the Touring is 700V and both Touring and Pure are equivalent where it matters: range (406). We now know the cost of 20" vs 19" wheels is $1500 and the extra motor is $5000. So I am not quite sure where the other $13,100 standard options in the Touring come from. Touring does have additional options Pure doesn't in the glass canopy and 21" wheels, however, they cost extra and are not included in the $95,000.

Sorry I meant the actual capacity i.e. 70 kwh vs 60 kwh. I don't know what each trim level gets

Not sure if the official numbers are out for Touring or Pure. EV-Database lists both at 88 kWh capacity and 85 kWh "usable battery." (No idea the official source on those numbers)

Edit: FWIW Wikipedia has Touring at 93 kWh and Pure at 88 kWh: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_Air#Charging

Not sure how any of these details change if a dual motor option is chosen.

keeping the standard wheels on the Pure, or no options on the Touring, looks like a diff of $100.

Yes, it's not yet clear what the advantage is to Touring over Pure outside of getting your car first, different interior design, and having the privilege to pay more for exclusive options (glass canopy, 21" wheel).

Yes, it's not yet clear what the advantage is to Touring over Pure outside of getting your car first, different interior design, and having the privilege to pay more for exclusive options (glass canopy, 21" wheel).
I may have missed it, but I don't see what the different interior design is in the Pure. The Pure does have the sole option of the Mojave Purluxe and the Touring has the Tahoe or Mojave leather interior. Other than that it seems identical aside from the glass roof option. Is there something else I'm missing?

The Touring trim also comes with ventilated seats the Pure will not have this feature.

Touring also has the "Platinum Polish Finish" on the upper half of the car, including the non-glass part of the roof and A, C pillars.

Touring also has the "Platinum Polish Finish" on the upper half of the car, including the non-glass part of the roof and A, C pillars.
I hope the catalytic converter thieves realize it is a "finish" and that the roof isn't covered in platinum. Of course, it WOULD explain the increase in cost over the Pure......all that precious metal......LOL

I may have missed it, but I don't see what the different interior design is in the Pure. The Pure does have the sole option of the Mojave Purluxe and the Touring has the Tahoe or Mojave leather interior. Other than that it seems identical aside from the glass roof option. Is there something else I'm missing.
personally, give or take some items, I’d rather have all of the options for close to the same price.

I may have missed it, but I don't see what the different interior design is in the Pure. The Pure does have the sole option of the Mojave Purluxe and the Touring has the Tahoe or Mojave leather interior. Other than that it seems identical aside from the glass roof option. Is there something else I'm missing?

Pure has only the PurLuxe interior option whereas Touring has four options: Tahoe, Santa Cruz, or Mojave leather interior or the PurLuxe. Outside of that, the Touring will have an additional 21" wheel option.

Pure has only the PurLuxe interior option whereas Touring has four options: Tahoe, Santa Cruz, or Mojave leather interior or the PurLuxe. Outside of that, the Touring will have an additional 21" wheel option.
I would opt for the smaller wheels for the greater range.

Looks foolish to buy a Touring without the glass canopy. It is the only reason to not get a Pure with all options.

Looks foolish to buy a Touring without the glass canopy. It is the only reason to not get a Pure with all options.
Well, that’s really an individual’s value choice, but I understand your sentiments. My wife is tired of “all black” interiors and wants a ventilated seat if we are doing “leather” interior. She’s not convinced she wants the glass canopy and is currently not a fan of it.

I mean, we could get a pure, and then immediately take it to a place to redo the interior colors, but she and I both know that won’t happen. So, then she’d have a lbetter value in the Pure with blank interior and a sweaty back.

Not a winner for her at $80,000 + after delivery

Well, that’s really an individual’s value choice, but I understand your sentiments. My wife is tired of “all black” interiors and wants a ventilated seat if we are doing “leather” interior. She’s not convinced she wants the glass canopy and is currently not a fan of it.

I mean, we could get a pure, and then immediately take it to a place to redo the interior colors, but she and I both know that won’t happen. So, then she’d have a lbetter value in the Pure with blank interior and a sweaty back.

Not a winner for her at $80,000 + after delivery
you Still would have to pay for pro and surreal with the touring for a comparison. I’ll take the $11,900 of options, over leather and ventilation.

Back