Touring or Pure

Both packs are using the same individual Li-ion cells and should take the same amount of time to charge. A well designed BMS will maintain the cell temperature within the manufacturer's specifications. There should be no voltage difference at the cell level between the two packs during the charging cycle.
I had heard that slower charging EVs were slower because of 400v

When did you place your Pure order? I'm wondering how long my wait will be. I want the Pure because I do NOT want the glass canopy and prefer the solid roof (I'm the person who historically purposely buys cars without a sunroof option as well). The glass canopy allows too much daylight in for my comfort and is a migraine trigger actually. I was elated when I learned the Pure had a solid aluminum roof actually!
I ordered in 11-15-21, so not too long ago. I put a mesh sunscreen on my Model s roof as I don’t like the glare from above.

I had heard that slower charging EVs were slower because of 4
I ordered in 11-15-21, so not too long ago. I put a mesh sunscreen on my Model s roof as I don’t like the glare from above.
I ordered a pure recently with the same specs. I believe a much lighter Lucid will be a much better driver's car.

700v probably charges slower than 900v
700V has not been verified and when challenged, the source was never attributed. System voltage is determined by the number of cells (220 cells X 4.2V max charge on 2170 cell = 924V) within a parallel string. Lucid's website states the Air has 900V+ charging with no qualifier. So Lucid needed to figure out how to maintain the 220 cells per string on the T and P to maintain 924V like on the DE and GT but with 4 fewer modules.

No matter how reliable the poster is, the source of the info they are posting has to be verified and reliable. As we've all seen, SA/DA sources are questionable.

I want the Pure because I do NOT want the glass canopy
There are other reasons to want the P vs the T but the T also comes with the metal roof as standard...glass canopy is optional (even if the website doesn't allow you to deselect it at this time).

Fortunately, sunlight is not a migraine trigger for me - dehydration and weather changes are.

ah okay. I'm 12/30/21 for my order so a month and a half behind you. I guess I'll have to hope for early 2023 huh?

ah okay. I'm 12/30/21 for my order so a month and a half behind you. I guess I'll have to hope for early 2023 huh?
Also - you can get a touring with a solid roof. The configurator isn't set up to remove it from the options yet, but it is optional on the touring trim.

There are other reasons to want the P vs the T but the T also comes with the metal roof as standard...glass canopy is optional (even if the website doesn't allow you to deselect it at this time).

Fortunately, sunlight is not a migraine trigger for me - dehydration and weather changes are.

I actually prefer the 19" wheels and the interior in the Pure as well (I prefer darker interiors and am not a big fan of wood-grain anywhere inside my cars)

I actually prefer the 19" wheels and the interior in the Pure as well (I prefer darker interiors and am not a big fan of wood-grain anywhere inside my cars)
The only other "biggie" item would be ventilated seats (wish the pure had an option for them).

The only other "biggie" item would be ventilated seats (wish the pure had an option for them).
YESSSSSSSS, it's not even hot in SoCal but my sweaty ass loves those ventilated seats

YES BUT It's not worth the premium for the Touring either... at least not to me. To be fair, I've only experienced ventilated seats twice and not in a car I've owned myself (a friends Caddy and another friends fully loaded truck) so in a way, I won't miss what I never had-- heated seats are a must for me and a heated steering wheel spoiled me rotten though.

Given what Lucid has said about their reservation numbers, average selling price, and production rate, it’s extremely unlikely that more than a few Pure orders will be delivered this calendar year.

Given what Lucid has said about their reservation numbers, average selling price, and production rate, it’s extremely unlikely that more than a few Pure orders will be delivered this calendar year.
Which is why it’s likely I’ll go with an i4 and revisit the Pure next year. I won’t cancel my Pure reservation at this stage since there’s no real point in doing so.

If I actually receive an i4 by the summer (yes, it’s not great with BMW either, as wiring harness production has been impacted by the Ukrainian war), it will give me a chance to critique the car well before Lucid asks for a commitment. In the unlikely event I don’t like the i4, I’ll simply sell it and move to the Pure next year. It will probably depreciate very little and the $7,500 tax credit (assuming our beloved politicians don’t muck that up) will offset what ever depreciation there might be.

Which is why it’s likely I’ll go with an i4 and revisit the Pure next year. I won’t cancel my Pure reservation at this stage since there’s no real point in doing so.

If I actually receive an i4 by the summer (yes, it’s not great with BMW either, as wiring harness production has been impacted by the Ukrainian war), it will give me a chance to critique the car well before Lucid asks for a commitment. In the unlikely event I don’t like the i4, I’ll simply sell it and move to the Pure next year. It will probably depreciate very little and the $7,500 tax credit (assuming our beloved politicians don’t muck that up) will offset what ever depreciation there might be.
That seems like a very reasonable decision to me. Though aren’t these two different size classes of cars?

That seems like a very reasonable decision to me. Though aren’t these two different size classes of cars?
Yes...the I4 is more like a 4 series whereas the Lucid is more like a 5 series in size. The I4 is tempting. I don't know if I can stomach looking at the "grille" everytime I go into my garage (which I do a lot as our house was a model home and the builder had two offices in what was to be the third car bay and we had him leave them there). If the range were a bit better, I might be able to handle the images. To BMW's credit, their batteries seem to deliver better performance per cell than most.

Yes...the I4 is more like a 4 series whereas the Lucid is more like a 5 series in size. The I4 is tempting. I don't know if I can stomach looking at the "grille" everytime I go into my garage (which I do a lot as our house was a model home and the builder had two offices in what was to be the third car bay and we had him leave them there). If the range were a bit better, I might be able to handle the images. To BMW's credit, their batteries seem to deliver better performance per cell than most.
But it's my understanding that the interior is closer to 7-Series/S-Class in size due to the wheels being pushed out so far. Yea, I'm no fan of the beaver grill, don't know why BMW is doubling down here! I've had 6-Series and 7-Series in the past and loved them.

But it's my understanding that the interior is closer to 7-Series/S-Class in size due to the wheels being pushed out so far. Yea, I'm no fan of the beaver grill, don't know why BMW is doubling down here! I've had 6-Series and 7-Series in the past and loved them.
Me too. I agree about the size of the interior. But...to me...it is the exterior size that I like about the I4. I prefer a smaller car so long as I can fit my golf clubs in the back and I like a sedan so I can use the back seats to hold stuff.

I do like my BMW 530e and BMW has done a terrific job on its ACC (but the lane centering I can do without).

In some ways the real test of Lucid will be in 2024 and 2025 when there will be lots of competitors and Lucid will have to shine to compete. I expected the traditional car makers to do well on electric cars but VW has not done well with the ID3 and ID4. I expected more from it. The good news for Lucid is that most of the companies making electric cars are aiming the vehicles at folks who want efficiency and not range and power (both). I want both and there won't be a lot of competition out there for that.

There is also something to be said about locking in your price now. Recent world events suggest that electric cars may become more attractive compared to ICE.

Back