Touring or Pure

I think when it's time to configure for my Touring, I will go with the glass canopy, Pro, and 19" tires. Bringing my total to $95000 + $13000.

Since the 20” wheels on the Pure are $1,500 more, on the Touring you should get a $1,500 discount for going with 19”s.

Since the 20” wheels on the Pure are $1,500 more, on the Touring you should get a $1,500 discount for going with 19”s.
Or on the Grand Touring too!

Or on the Grand Touring too!
I was also at the same dilemma upgrading my Pure with Touring. I started to think like Ramsnazz now. The only thing is if we would take Touring with 19” wheel our range can be around 25-30 miles longer than Pure since the current Touring range with 20” is 406 miles

I was also at the same dilemma upgrading my Pure with Touring. I started to think like Ramsnazz now. The only thing is if we would take Touring with 19” wheel our range can be around 25-30 miles longer than Pure since the current Touring range with 20” is 406 miles
No, the Lucid website says 406 miles projected with 19" wheels for both Touring and Pure:
Air Pure and Air Touring 406 range are based upon manufacturer's projected EPA estimated range when equipped with 19" wheels.

That is something I am trying to understand. The range should not be the same for narrower tires. Lucid really needs to put out some more data soon on the Touring and Pure models.
From what I've seen, they've always quoted ranges for 19" wheels, in all trims, even though the default wheels are not always 19".

I'm definitely sticking with my Air Pure for now. Last email I received stated "Your reservation for the LUCID Air Pure is scheduled for production later this year." ... will most likely be FH 2023. And based on the spec differences from Touring vs Pure, it isn't really worth the $11K difference. Now I would upgrade to the glass canopy on the Pure if given the option, but the premium for the Touring right now doesn't make much sense (for me at least).

I'm definitely sticking with my Air Pure for now. Last email I received stated "Your reservation for the LUCID Air Pure is scheduled for production later this year." ... will most likely be FH 2023. And based on the spec differences from Touring vs Pure, it isn't really worth the $11K difference. Now I would upgrade to the glass canopy on the Pure if given the option, but the premium for the Touring right now doesn't make much sense (for me at least).
You get extra horsepower with Touring.

You get extra horsepower with Touring.
Agreed, you can probably gain some back if you opt for the dual motor, but to be honest, I VERY rarely push my Model S to the limit and am OK with a 0-60 acceleration reduction for my day to day driving. We'll have to see when the official Pure performance numbers are published.

If you need the all wheel drive, snowy locations, then Touring or above is the way to go, right?
Looks like the 2nd motor is an option on the Pure ($5000) as shown in the table at the beginning of the thread, so Pure would work for snowy locations. All TBD until Lucid officially shows options and pricing on the Pure.

Based on Peter's conference call, It is looking like when customers are comparing GT to Touring, more are picking the GT and when they are comparing the T to Pure, more are picking the Pure.

Based on Peter's conference call, It is looking like when customers are comparing GT to Touring, more are picking the GT and when they are comparing the T to Pure, more are picking the Pure.
This makes sense as most people buying a luxury EV most likely want all of the options which are included standard with GT or are ok with the Pure since Lucid is a new company and the price is inline with most other luxury vehicles. I opted for the Touring myself due to the standard vs extra options and hopefully sooner availability.

I wonder if there is any charging speed differences between the Pure, Touring and grand touring. For our cross country trips, that is more important than range.

700v probably charges slower than 900v

700v probably charges slower than 900v
Both packs are using the same individual Li-ion cells and should take the same amount of time to charge. A well designed BMS will maintain the cell temperature within the manufacturer's specifications. There should be no voltage difference at the cell level between the two packs during the charging cycle.

When did you place your Pure order? I'm wondering how long my wait will be. I want the Pure because I do NOT want the glass canopy and prefer the solid roof (I'm the person who historically purposely buys cars without a sunroof option as well). The glass canopy allows too much daylight in for my comfort and is a migraine trigger actually. I was elated when I learned the Pure had a solid aluminum roof actually!

Back