Touring or Pure

There is also something to be said about locking in your price now. Recent world events suggest that electric cars may become more attractive compared to ICE.
And prices are going to start increasing due to the increase in transportation costs.

Commodity prices will be weighing in as well. Here’s Nickel prices as of today, compared to long term historical graph
BB4A6F9A-BD5E-4E59-B069-2EE16A71C00D.jpeg

And prices are going to start increasing due to the increase in transportation costs.
I hope Lucid doesn't pull a "Rivian" and suddenly jack up prices! Hopefully any price adjustments on pre-order holders will be small. I'm sure I'm still a year away before I get my Pure. Still need to get to the Fashion Island location in Newport Beach to check out the vehicle in person!!

I hope Lucid doesn't pull a "Rivian" and suddenly jack up prices! Hopefully any price adjustments on pre-order holders will be small. I'm sure I'm still a year away before I get my Pure. Still need to get to the Fashion Island location in Newport Beach to check out the vehicle in person!!
I‘m surprised they haven’t raised prices on new reservations.

Too bad Rivian was not smart enough to do a Porsche. Porsche keeps the base price and jacks up all the must have.
Agreed ... death by a thousand cuts is typically more tolerable than a sledgehammer to the head!

I was pretty shocked the first time I went into a Porsche Dealership and started adding up the cost of accessories. Oh, you want a radio?…..6k. You want the drivers seat to move and adjust?….22 hundred. A sticker on the side that says “Porsche”?…..800 dollars. It was a surreal experience to say the least…..

I was pretty shocked the first time I went into a Porsche Dealership and started adding up the cost of accessories. Oh, you want a radio?…..6k. You want the drivers seat to move and adjust?….22 hundred. A sticker on the side that says “Porsche”?…..800 dollars. It was a surreal experience to say the least…..
Very true. A Touring equivalent Taycan with lesser range is costing 150k. I would instead upgrade to AGT for more range.

How about how you have to buy a package full of things you don't want or need so you can get cruise control

Rivian did walk this back; they're honoring pre-order prices now, even for cancelled reservations: https://www.inverse.com/innovation/rivian-price-hike

So it is *extremely* unlikely Lucid would do that, especially after the terrible PR that Rivian got as a result. :)

HI Everyone. New here and considering the Lucid Air Pure as my first EV. I did have a question. As the touring is 408 miles of range with dual motors and the Air Pure is listed as 408 also but comes standard with a single motor wouldn't that imply that Air Pure has a smaller battery and that optioning the Pure with dual motors would mean that the Pure would achieve less range than the touring?

Has Lucid changed the options on the Pure? Originally there was no option for two motors.
If there is a option for all wheel drive and the smaller battery pack I assume that set up would have the lowest mileage of all Lucids to date.

Last edited:
If there is a option for a all wheel drive Pure and the smallest battery pack I assume that set up would have the lowest mileage of all Lucids to date.

HI Everyone. New here and considering the Lucid Air Pure as my first EV. I did have a question. As the touring is 408 miles of range with dual motors and the Air Pure is listed as 408 also but comes standard with a single motor wouldn't that imply that Air Pure has a smaller battery and that optioning the Pure with dual motors would mean that the Pure would achieve less range than the touring?
It is more likely that they "lumped" the two trim lines together in the EPA test and used the Pure as the test model for the range. Can they do that? I'm not sure (and, yes, I'm guessing they did combine the two).

Likely the Pure gets the 406 miles and the Touring gets less. Not sure how much less, ball park I'd guess 370 miles range on 19" wheels.

If there is a option for a all wheel drive Pure and the smallest battery pack I assume that set up would have the lowest mileage of all Lucids to date.
Or maybe the dual motor option includes a larger battery pack? Or maybe Lucid PR is just sloppy with details since they probably haven't really firmed up the lower trim specs?

It is more likely that they "lumped" the two trim lines together in the EPA test and used the Pure as the test model for the range. Can they do that? I'm not sure (and, yes, I'm guessing they did combine the two).

Likely the Pure gets the 406 miles and the Touring gets less. Not sure how much less, ball park I'd guess 370 miles range on 19" wheels.
The Pure and Touring have not been EPA tested. It's just a manufacturer estimate.

Or maybe the dual motor option includes a larger battery pack? Or maybe Lucid PR is just sloppy with details since they probably haven't really firmed up the lower trim specs?
LOL…Or would the Pure with dual motors and larger battery pack really be a hard top Touring?

The Pure needs to be Lucid's driver's car. Start with the battery pack. We are approaching the point where a 300 Mile range sufficient with all the new charging stations coming on line. Drop the weight to 4000 lbs and the Pure will transform to a 4 door rear biased sports sedan with superb driving dynamics. Shaving 1200 lbs off is not easy but I trust the ex-Lotus team can make it happen.

Back