individual option configuration

karamhanna

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I was at a Lucid studio today in LA, I had a chat with the sales advisor, she told me next year buyers will have the option to select individual car options to add them to the car configurator for example adding seat massage to your Air Touring and other options as well, no time frame, I asked about if it will be possible to configure the car with the options you like instead of choosing from the inventory and that will be available next year as well, I forgot to ask her of the rear sunshades are standard in the Touring version which I think it is but wanted to confirm

I was at a Lucid studio today in LA, I had a chat with the sales advisor, she told me next year buyers will have the option to select individual car options to add them to the car configurator for example adding seat massage to your Air Touring and other options as well, no time frame, I asked about if it will be possible to configure the car with the options you like instead of choosing from the inventory and that will be available next year as well, I forgot to ask her of the rear sunshades are standard in the Touring version which I think it is but wanted to confirm
Rear sunshades have been standard in Touring up until now. Whether they will still be in this 2024 configuration change-up I don’t know.

Yes, this will be available for all 2024 model year cars. Rear sunshades for the touring are standard this year, but we cannot be too sure about the 2024 model year unless the configurator gets updated. We know this because the pure RWD(which is already 2024 MY) has options as described.

Next year you can get massage seats on the Pure as well as other interiors then Mojave Purluxe.

Lol my sales advisor said something similar that they are moving to an Alacarte ordering model akin to Porsche. I was going to say They really shouldn’t compare the model to Porsche because their option selection method is a huge money grab and ridiculously expensive after you add a couple of minor things.

Lol my sales advisor said something similar that they are moving to an Alacarte ordering model akin to Porsche. I was going to say They really shouldn’t compare the model to Porsche because their option selection method is a huge money grab and ridiculously expensive after you add a couple of minor things.
I would agree about the comparison. Porsche really does nickel and dime you for everything, and they have that reputation.

Lucid isn’t going anywhere near that far. They just want to offer more options at more trim levels.

I would agree about the comparison. Porsche really does nickel and dime you for everything, and they have that reputation.

Lucid isn’t going anywhere near that far. They just want to offer more options at more trim levels.
I once configured a base cayenne, v6 and all. Started at around 75k at that time.

I added some light options that I felt would be absolutely necessary, expecting a price around 80-85k.

The final price? 130000.

It would be great if a Pure customer could get some of the Grand Touring options with the Pure Engine for, let’s say, $100k. I for one do not need max mileage but I would like many of the better options that are offered on the GT.

It would be great if a Pure customer could get some of the Grand Touring options with the Pure Engine for, let’s say, $100k. I for one do not need max mileage but I would like many of the better options that are offered on the GT.
That IS what is happening for 2024. You can now add massaging front seats to the pure.

That IS what is happening for 2024. You can now add massaging front seats to the pure.
I hope they expand it to many more items similar to what Porsche does. As you probably know on the Porsche site almost every upgraded option is offered on the base cars.

I hope they expand it to many more items similar to what Porsche does. As you probably know on the Porsche site almost every upgraded option is offered on the base cars.
Yeah, the reason I love porsche is because trim levels ONLY(mostly) dictate power and handling upgrades. All the "comfort" and usually design options(yes i know there are exceptions) are options on every trim.

Back