Switch to Apple?

Since Lucid is not coming out with Android Auto or have any plans to accomodate Android anytime soon, should I switch my phone to the Apple side to get more utilization from my Lucid Air?
I wouldn't -- not just for Car Play. Android is still the superior operating system. Now if you have a iPhone for work or something like I do, I say go for it but to switch your primary phone to iPhone just for Car Play in the car, I wouldn't do it.

Since Lucid is not coming out with Android Auto or have any plans to accomodate Android anytime soon, should I switch my phone to the Apple side to get more utilization from my Lucid Air?
According to them, AA is in the plans. Timing is unknown. But as a general answer to your question, yes. Get an iPhone.

I wouldn't --not just for Car Play. Android is still the superior operating system. Now if you have a iPhone for work or something like I do, I say go for it but to switch your primary phone to iPhone just for Car Play in the car, I wouldn't do it.
I this is an age old argument with no right answer, but I certainly would not consider Android a superior operating system in any way.

I this is an age old argument with no right answer, but I certainly would not consider Android a superior operating system in any way.
Yeah, I threw out there there knowing you'd respond @Bobby. I'm an Android Gal as you know so I'm not exactly the best person to ask! 😂 😂 ;)

Last edited:
Both Android and Apple iOS are solid platforms. I don't think you lose much going from one to the other - unless you depend on iCloud, in which case it will be tough to move to Android. But the Google apps on iOS work fine.

Moving to Apple just to tide you over until Android Auto arrives? Seems a bit much.

I wouldn't -- not just for Car Play. Android is still the superior operating system. Now if you have a iPhone for work or something like I do, I say go for it but to switch your primary phone to iPhone just for Car Play in the car, I wouldn't do it.
Them’s fighting words, counselor

I thought that Android vs IOS Battle was over 15 years ago when the same app was available on both and each keeps adding a feature the other does not have and they keep copying each other. I use Android just because I got used to the UI. Neither is superior in my opinion.

I thought that Android vs IOS Battle was over 15 years ago when the same app was available on both and each keeps adding a feature the other does not have and they keep copying each other. I use Android just because I got used to the UI. Neither is superior in my opinion.
It was a JOKE!!!

I much prefer the Andoid ecosystem to Apple's. Just my preference. I think that Apple has very good software and cloud services.

I've not used them, but there are boxes available from Jeff Bezos's bookstore that claim to be able to display android auto through a carplay interface. Or something. I think others have written about them elsewhere on the forums. Might be worth a go? Can always send it back if it doesn't work.

I've not used them, but there are boxes available from Jeff Bezos's bookstore that claim to be able to display android auto through a carplay interface. Or something. I think others have written about them elsewhere on the forums. Might be worth a go? Can always send it back if it doesn't work.
"Jeff Bezos's bookstore", Love that!!

This is no joking matter

(okay, but seriously from here on out I'll delete any apple v android posts; it is irrelevant and while amusing, quickly gets people defensive)
Probably a good idea. You'd think I said an Xbox Series X was better than a PS5! :):) 😂 😂

As an answer to this, no, not JUST for carplay.
But, if you have ANY other apple device in your ecosystem then do it and never look back. Integration is a blessing.(except for lucid/ea and lucid/tidal lol)
(@borski I know you said no more apple vs android argumennts but I am just trying to answer this!)

It really depends on how entrenched you are in android. I’m a day one iPhone user so I am pretty entrenched in iOS. I use alot of google services on iOS and find the apps to be quite good. The Lucid CarPlay implementation is mediocre, but for me has definitely increased my satisfaction with the car.

Back