EV-specific Android Auto functionality coming

DeaneG

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, XC40 P8 EV
Referral Code
3OKY7YGA
Some more info on EV-specific functionality coming to Google Maps through Android Auto. Cars running AAOS with GAS instead of Android Auto already have this capability (Volvo, Polestar, soon others). It's very accurate at trip planning, including charging stops.

I just noticed that the Google Maps apps on my iPhone 15 and wife's Pixel 7 have a new "send to vehicle" button once a destination is selected on the app. Don't know if it can send a whole route with waypoints rather than a single destination - I'll have to try it. The vehicle receiving the route from Google Maps must be an AAOS/GAS car - so our Volvo shows up, but not the Lucid.

Just verified that the new "send to vehicle" button can indeed send an entire route with waypoints, not just a single destination. Works great.

I moved it. Lucid will not dictate which phone I use. Love you guys for watching my back. @mcr16 Please pass on the message to lucid team how much I was disappointed with lucid here maps.

Attachments

• b61e6b76-4aed-49b7-a958-219282d4275b.jpg
    b61e6b76-4aed-49b7-a958-219282d4275b.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I moved it. Lucid will not dictate which phone I use. Love you guys for watching my back. @mcr16 Please pass on the message to lucid team how much I was disappointed with lucid here maps.
Perfect. Now switch to Swift.

I briefly tried HERE again after becoming used to using Google maps or Apple maps depending on mood. Was shocked how awful the directions sounded and immediately switched back to Google.

It’s a more fun driving mode that you have now blocked with your android tablet!
Haha. The smooth mode acceleration is too much for me and I don't even push the limit of the old dog mobile Toyota Sienna lol🤣

I briefly tried HERE again after becoming used to using Google maps or Apple maps depending on mood. Was shocked how awful the directions sounded and immediately switched back to Google.
HERE is fine if you never use the voice nav 😁

HERE is fine if you never use the voice nav 😁
I've had HERE navigate me miles out into the desert when it was supposed to be taking me to a charging station. Also fail to find a route home for over an hour from CA Hwy 108 when it had a strong signal and showed my car's correct current position. Tried offline maps too, they didn't help. Another time HERE showed my car miles from its actual location and still tried to navigate from the wrong position.

Why does that look like a slightly broken version of the Gravity interior 🤣

I've had HERE navigate me miles out into the desert when it was supposed to be taking me to a charging station. Also fail to find a route home for over an hour from CA Hwy 108 when it had a strong signal and showed my car's correct current position. Tried offline maps too, they didn't help. Another time HERE showed my car miles from its actual location and still tried to navigate from the wrong position.
Hi, @DeaneG. Thank you for sharing your feedback. I just sent you a direct message.

When I'm on a road trip, I always verify with google even when HERE shows the expected route and especially when it shows an alternate route. On a trip to Olympic national park, HERE didn't know the highway in the park was closed for construction and you had to take an alternate route but google knew. HERE tried to take me on an alternate route due to night time construction on the 5...too bad I was driving during the day (google knew to stay on the 5). There's a street near me that ends with a right turn only but HERE will tell me to turn left there. There's been a couple of times in rural areas where I'll turn onto a street from the highway and HERE will tell me to turn around, continue on the highway for 100 feet and turn onto a dirt road (I was on the correct street originally).

Yeah, it's a shame. HERE does ok for the most part but I always check the route with WAZE too just to make sure...

Back