CES DAY ONE: Future EVs and their revelations!

xponents

Cars
Kia EV9, future Air?

Mullen launches the five RS, VERY promising specs, however being Mullen there isnt much of a production chance...

Honda launches its future EV plans, looks SICK and makes minivans cool again, along with a sedan! The sedan isnt really a sedan like the ev4, but all the designs look very modern and low slung!

More honda news, regarding the sony collaboration Afeela(lol). The presenter drove the car on stage with a PS5 controller, which is useful for remotely crashing your car! But seriously, this has parallel parking potential! No real updates to the hardware from last year, but we have been informed of software changes like the addition of UE 5.3.

MBUX updates makes us barf more, adds features like displaying NFTs(seriously? so 2022..), will.I.am collaboration for "song mood driving," where the music changes based on your driving inputs! Seems similar to Opera GX's sound, and I would appreciate it. Theres also more streaming platforms, and more AI since its 2024.

Intel continues its great streak from 2021 since it got its ass beat by AMD, brings AI to car chips! Hopefully, this will lead to faster head units.

VW adds ACTUAL ChatGPT as a voice assistant, culminating in the latest of its idiotic decisions. This AI assistant however will likely be smart, and is apparently secured from the vehicle controls. They have also introduced the MK8.5 GTI, which removes the manual transmission sadly! However, they removed the stupid touch controls from its interior and added a more contemporary screen!

BMW adds more technologies to its OS's, continuing its dominant lead over most traditional car makers in this regard! This includes gaming, streaming, and more AR features. BMW is using Alexa to make its own AI voice assistant as well, in addition to adding automated valet parking. This is essentially Tesla AutoSummon but reversed, and I love it! I do doubt that many garages will let BMW use it, though.

Kia introduces its new EV modular van series, which has great potential. This will help the brand scale its trucks, and enter the EV van market currently dominated by ford and Rivian! There is also a cool minivan in this series..

Vinfast tries to make vehicles that aren't shitty for the first time in its life, makes a cool looking truck and crucially announces plans to bring the 20k VF3 into the US! This is a GMC Jimmy sized offroader and I sense it will be a smash hit if it isnt like the VF8.

Hyundai also lays its hydrogen plans out, which is a stupid move. Enough said.

There is probably a LOT more I missed as this CES was great for the automotive industry!

Pricing on the Five RS hasn't yet been revealed, but Mullen CEO David Michery said during today's press conference at CES that it will start around $295,000, with a carbon-fiber edition priced around $385K.

Hahaha. Vaporware at its finest ...

Back