Sun Visor Light not working

actnjack

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucia Air Touring
After looking in the user manual without success- nothing on the topic - I was about to contact support to get it fixed. Having studied the design of visor, I found that it had a battery compartment by gently prying it open. Yes, the batteries were dead. To check that the batteries were dead, I swapped out the two battery sleeves of the two visors and my hypothesis was correct. Each sleeve takes three CR2450 batteries
IMG_1745.jpeg
IMG_1744.jpeg

Yep, it’s been discussed on here a few times. Did mine last week. Unfortunately they don’t seem to last very long … but then I hardly use the vanity mirrors tbh. The passenger one gets more use ;)

Yep, it’s been discussed on here a few times. Did mine last week. Unfortunately they don’t seem to last very long … but then I hardly use the vanity mirrors tbh. The passenger one gets more use ;)

@Bobby taught me how to change out my batteries via a series of pictures he posted. Like you, I rarely use mine. The passenger side vanity mirror on the other hand…

Brilliant design not wiring to car’s 12V if you ask me.

Yes it is; however, they should add it to the user manual so we would know including the procedures to change the battery.

Yes it is; however, they should add it to the user manual so we would know including the procedures to change the battery.
Pull it out. New batteries. Push it in. And, it is in the manual:
IMG_4674.jpeg

okay; thank you, I couldn't find it including the section shown but I will look again...

Not so easy to run wires through the windshield glass. Tesla has a patent on attaching the visors to the A-pillar instead.

After looking in the user manual without success- nothing on the topic - I was about to contact support to get it fixed. Having studied the design of visor, I found that it had a battery compartment by gently prying it open. Yes, the batteries were dead. To check that the batteries were dead, I swapped out the two battery sleeves of the two visors and my hypothesis was correct. Each sleeve takes three CR2450 batteries View attachment 13927View attachment 13928

You are better off buying rechargeable batteries and USB charger, it will pay off after two replacements. Rechargeable batteries last for years.

I had both visors stop working and Service replaced all the batteries and they still didn't work.
Said there was a batch of "bad chips" and they replaced both visors and now they're fine.

They have the visors fixed on the windscereen. Would look odd running a wire there.

You mean on Pure or all new assembly?

Back