And, again . . .

You should look at Sandy Monroe tear down of the Lucid. Lucid as a whole has a very poor coolant system. Over time the coolant hose will rupture causing harm to the vehicle.
A single hose that could rupture and the whole system is poor? Get outta here with that

You should look at Sandy Monroe tear down of the Lucid. Lucid as a whole has a very poor coolant system. Over time the coolant hose will rupture causing harm to the vehicle.
At what point in the video do he say that? I must have missed it.

The reviewer did note an issue with the placement of a hose clamp, something that Lucid is addressing -- but, unless you can point to something in this video that I missed, nowhere did Munro's team say the coolant system was "very poor". In fact, the reviewer called Lucid's cooling system "simple but elegant".

Yeah, the hose clamp issue is a TSB or something Lucid is aware of and newer cars already have it addressed.

Lucid as a whole has a very poor coolant system. Over time the coolant hose will rupture causing harm to the vehicle.
No, it doesn't. It has one poorly placed clip that there is a TSB for and they are fixing next time they see a car. Please don't spread FUD.

It sounds like there was after market work done in this second dream edition. Just my theory but could the after market folks have messed up the electronics ?

It sounds like there was after market work done in this second dream edition. Just my theory but could the after market folks have messed up the electronics ?

Are you referring to my second Dream Edition?

If so, the only aftermarket work done on the car of which I'm aware was by me: a full Xpel wrap and installation of a radar/laser detector system. The detector system was installed by the same shop that installed the system in our first Dream Edition. And both the cars were checked out by Lucid after the installations, as they had to go to the Service Center to have the lidar units recalibrated afterward.

Before I bought it, Lucid checked all the service records on the second Dream Edition and found no sign of any aftermarket work on the car as well as no indications it had been wrecked or undergone any major repair work. It had only been through the same two recalls as our original Dream Edition.

The only sign of anything untoward was that the driver sun visor had either been removed or become detached, and the glue used to reattach it did not hold. That is why the first windshield had to be replaced. (This apparently is not unique to Lucid. My brother had a Lexus GS 450 in which the rain sensor became detached from the windshield. Replacing it also required a replacement of his windshield with a Lexus OEM part, because it would not properly adhere to an aftermarket windshield for some reason.)

Although a few accessories are appearing, the aftermarket has not developed any replacement or repair parts for Lucids. Lucid is the only source for such parts, and they will not sell parts that have any role in the structure, safety, or operation of the vehicle to anyone other than a Lucid-certified facility (although some non-certified shops occasionally try to get them from Lucid).

I like to think I'm used to this car, but it still catches me off guard with how strong and fast the power comes on from speed.

I'm having an issue with this also. I was behind a truck and trailing car going 45 in a 55 mph zone and had a wide open stretch to pass. I quickly passed them and was shocked to glance down and see my speed, which I quickly slowed. I never bother with the 0-?? acceleration, but the 50-?? is what I depend on the most in my neck of the woods.

I'm having an issue with this also. I was behind a truck and trailing car going 45 in a 55 mph zone and had a wide open stretch to pass. I quickly passed them and was shocked to glance down and see my speed, which I quickly slowed. I never bother with the 0-?? acceleration, but the 50-?? is what I depend on the most in my neck of the woods.
I agree with you. I think 0-60 is ridiculous as a standard for an EV. Like you, I care about passing when I am going fast but need to pass a car that is going slowly.

WRONG!!! Just the hose issue, which can be easily fixed. The actual cooling mechanism is miles ahead of even Tesla!!! Go see the video again and you will learn more about what an amazing engineering marvel the Lucid is!!

WRONG!!! Just the hose issue, which can be easily fixed. The actual cooling mechanism is miles ahead of even Tesla!!! Go see the video again and you will learn more about what an amazing engineering marvel the Lucid is!!
There is a Service Bulletin for a "fix" for the coolant hose.

Back