Spare tire

Lucid is in consistent denial there’s an issue with these tires and profusely has told me they dont cover it. Just had my rear passenger 21” blow on me
Lucid doesn’t cover the tires, that’s correct. I don’t know of a vehicle manufacturer that does. Pirelli does have a road hazard warranty though, as linked above.

Lucid doesn’t cover the tires, that’s correct. I don’t know of a vehicle manufacturer that does. Pirelli does have a road hazard warranty though, as linked above.
I actually reached out to Pirelli regarding this and they told me they didn’t cover them.

My issue is still Lucid’s refusal to offer hazard and/or acknowledgment that they are providing defected products with their car.

I actually reached out to Pirelli regarding this and they told me they didn’t cover them.

My issue is still Lucid’s refusal to offer hazard and/or acknowledgment that they are providing defected products with their car.
Hm, interesting - I would try that again, since they did cover mine (a torn tire, granted, not a blowout, and one with a nail) and their warranty explicitly states that it covers tires with PNCS foam, which the Lucid tires are.

Also, the tires are no more defective than any other 21” tires. They blow out when they hit potholes; it sucks, but it’s a risk of the 21” thin sidewalls.

Hm, interesting - I would try that again, since they did cover mine (a torn tire, granted, not a blowout, and one with a nail) and their warranty explicitly states that it covers tires with PNCS foam, which the Lucid tires are.

Also, the tires are no more defective than any other 21” tires. They blow out when they hit potholes; it sucks, but it’s a risk of the 21” thin sidewalls.
No potholes on my side. Just regular driving and a blow out. Another thing I have been told is that a change happened to the Pirelli warranty on the 22nd of June. If you received your car after then you maybe SOL. I have to call tomorrow and pester again.

Well, that figures. Nothing like a nice delivery pause to push many of us beyond that date.

The 4.75" is the normal ground clearance? So with a flat, would need a jack that fits under maybe 4.25"? That's not a lot of space. I was looking at this jack, but it needs 4.72" of clearance, so guessing it wouldn't fit with a flat?

The EZSpare jack looks like it has a minimum height of 4.1" and was used succesfully by at least one person (thanks, @hydbob ), so might have to go with a manual jack like this one?
I ordered this 3-ton jack with a minimum of 4.13". https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TBWMZZW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
If I have to jack under the front lift point to replace a rear tire or vice versa, the capacity of the jack should be strong and stable if on firm ground.

I wonder how the Michelin Pilot Sport line (either summer or all-season) would do compared to the Pirelli... has anyone reading this thread switched tire brands away from the Pirelli line?

I plan on switching once I need to replace tires but not before. The pirellis are very impressive with this car. I've driven on pirellis on my other vehicles and they feel totally different on the lucid. I believe the sapphire is using Michelins based on the recent Laguna seca video with the Stig

I wonder how the Michelin Pilot Sport line (either summer or all-season) would do compared to the Pirelli... has anyone reading this thread switched tire brands away from the Pirelli line?
I’m literally asking Lucid to replace my Pirrelis with Michelins right now (as my tire blew out). They should be calling me back but made it sound like this might be an actual option from their side.

I’m literally asking Lucid to replace my Pirrelis with Michelins right now (as my tire blew out). They should be calling me back but made it sound like this might be an actual option from their side.
I look forward to hearing the results! Which rim size (19 or 21) and which tires (summer or all-season). I'm very interested in exactly that (ours is "made" and soon "on the way to QA").

I look forward to hearing the results! Which rim size (19 or 21) and which tires (summer or all-season). I'm very interested in exactly that (ours is "made" and soon "on the way to QA").
They apparently took it back. One manager not at the service site told me one thing, the manager at the service site told me no. Funnier, the person at the service site noted they have an “exclusive agreement” with Pirelli until I told them the Saphire is using Michelin. The whole thing is a mess if you’re trying to get them to help frankly. My mouth is very sour after this experience and others. Love the car, but this reminds me of the early Tesla startup days… which was better than Tesla of today but still pretty darn bad.

Last edited:
They apparently took it back. One manager not at the service site told me one thing, the manager at the service site told me no. Funnier, the person at the service site noted they have an “exclusive agreement” with Pirelli until I told them the Saphire is using Michelin. The whole thing is a mess if you’re trying to get them to help frankly. My mouth is very sour after this experience and others. Love the car, but this reminds me of the early Tesla startup days… which was better than Tesla of today but still pretty darn bad.
Called Pirelli and they said it should be covered under warranty and noted the OEM/dealership should file the warranty claim form. Honestly starting to get frustrated with Lucid and basically noted everything Parelli told me. Lucid not only wanted to charge me $425 for the defective tire, but $185 in labor to replace it. Needless to say I’m fairly livid for a company trying to advertise quality and customer service…

Didn’t realize The West Palm service center dealt with most of the East Coast repairs, but man do they leave me salty.

I sure hope one way or the other Lucid or Pirelli come through with a new tire. No excuse for a new tire to blowout with normal driving… pothole or no.
With that said they would certainly not switch you to Michelins… especially since they are a mixed set on the sapphire.

wait a second...i don't know how I missed this post of yours! My back right tire blew out as well about 2.5 weeks ago...straight up where you could see the entire rim and just some leftover of the tire around the rim. I have the 19" so it's the P-Zero All Season 245/45 r19. Scottsdale Service Center didn't mention anything about charging me for a spare, but albeit a super scary experience on the highway. Plus, where it blew out we had no cell phone coverage. Discount Tires do nothing on their part to initiate a claim but like I said the service center drive all the way up to us in Cottonwood, AZ to deliver a spare.

An update on the jack. I contacted several (3) manufacturers to try to get a custom made bottle jack for the Air. I could only get 2 of them to agree to make a prototype, but one of them wanted to charge me 5k and the other one about 2k. Not kidding. For 1 prototype. After some discussion, I finally gave up and realized that getting a bottle jack with a 4.5" height wasn't going to happen without deep pockets. I went ahead and bought a floor jack that came with its own case. Quite heavy but solid and short enough to not worry about height issues. Going to keep it in the trunk lower compartment (tire is in the frunk compartment). A Gorrila brand telescoping lugnut wrench and its all good.

I’m sitting on the side of the road with a flat. I ran over a pothole with the right front tire and about 20 minutes later, my tire pressure sensor went off. I was able to pull over into a gas station to swap my EZ Spare onto the car. I jacked up the car only to discover that the socket wrench heads included with the jack are too SMALL for the lug nuts on the 21” tires. Ugh!! Please learn from my experience and get the appropriately sized wrench head. I’ll keep you updated as I wait for a tow to the nearest service center (Torrance)

I was emailing with the President of EZ Tire, Ginny Nie, who is a very nice and thoughtful lady. Here is what she said regarding the status of their delivery process for those of us who are patiently waiting. "Hi David, I apologize for the delay. These supply chain disruptions are very difficult for many companies. The vessel our container was on had bad weather and they were forced to go to some other port and wait. Then the vessel had engine issues, blah blah, all these delays are very frustrating, we have hundreds of backorders. The Logistics company has now given a date of Nov 15th. It will take us at least 5-7 days to get the orders out. "
WIth a week or so for the shipping time, I would now expect an end of November delivery. Thus, hang in there for those of us who have ordered the spare and be patient. I shared with Ginny that I only found one other company on the Internet that is offering a spare for the Lucid. As it turns out, it is the EZ spare tire and Ginny says they too are waiting for her shipment to arrive so she can fulfill their order.

only to discover that the socket wrench heads included with the jack are too SMALL for the lug nuts on the 21” tires. Ugh!! Please learn from my experience and get the appropriately sized wrench head.
Btw, what are the exact sizes for the lug nuts on the 21" tires? I figured a 3/4" socket would fit them?

A couple of comments as I too wait for delivery of the EZ spare. One is that my 3 ton scissor jack requires 4" of clearance under the jack point, which means that I will probably have to use a jack point nearest an inflated tire, not the flat, for clearance with normally inflated tires, is 5" and clearance near the flat tire will probably be less than 4". I have the 12v plug-in air pump and flat fixer substance that it comes with but the cord only reaches the passenger side tires and the rear driver's side tire. I would have to remove the driver's front tire if punctured to try to reinflate it. Or, try to get an extension for 12v plug-in cord.

Back