Spare tire

I'll probably use a hockey puck.
Unfortunately, clearance is very tight and the scissor jack from Amazon is 4.1” at minimum height, I’ll need to check when my jack arrives. Not sure if using the angled/slotted lift point on the jack directly on the flat lift point on the vehicle. Anyone with experience using the jack in this manner?

What are the details of the recall? I haven't heard anything about this.
They only mentioned it after I had the bubble in both tires and went into a Pirelli authorized dealer after they told me so on the phone.

Once I got there, they quoted me a price to fix the tires. I agreed.

Then during the install the next day, they told me Pirelli has a recall on the tires and Lucid is covering the cost.

So I was super happy with the support and customer service.

Just got my EZSpare and it came with a bag of "lug nuts" but these are really the threaded part that a lug nut would screw on to. I've attached pics (from other posters ... thank you!) of the bag supplied, the wheel hub with the tire removed and the original lug nuts from the vehicle. How would you utilize the EZSpare supplied parts when changing a tire? The parts supplied by EZSpare would have to be applied through the back of the rotor. Has anyone actually mounted the EZSpare on the vehicle? I'm a little confused here ... 😵‍💫

Thanks!

Attachments

• LugNutsAndAdapter.jpeg
    LugNutsAndAdapter.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1846.JPG
    IMG_1846.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1844.JPG
    IMG_1844.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 92
Just got my EZSpare and it came with a bag of "lug nuts" but these are really the threaded part that a lug nut would screw on to. I've attached pics (from other posters ... thank you!) of the bag supplied, the wheel hub with the tire removed and the original lug nuts from the vehicle. How would you utilize the EZSpare supplied parts when changing a tire? The parts supplied by EZSpare would have to be applied through the back of the rotor. Has anyone actually mounted the EZSpare on the vehicle? I'm a little confused here ... 😵‍💫

Thanks!
I just took off Lucid Tire, Put on EZSPare and used the nuts from the original tire and that was it. The extra lugs from EZSpare i didn't use

I just took off Lucid Tire, Put on EZSPare and used the nuts from the original tire and that was it. The extra lugs from EZSpare i didn't use
Great. Thanks for confirming!! What jack are you using?

Whatever jack EZSpare sent me, I think it was a 2 ton jack?
Got it. So no pad / buffer was needed even though the jack is designed for a pinch rail? Was worried if it could support the vehicle without bending.

Got it. So no pad / buffer was needed even though the jack is designed for a pinch rail? Was worried if it could support the vehicle without bending.
It bent ever so slightly, but it's been fine. I'm probably not the best person to be answering these questions though, a lot of things to me are meh, it works until it doesn't then I'll figure it out at the time.

EZSpare is a skinny limited-distance spare that fits in the frunk. Modern Spare is a wider, less-limited spare that would have to go in the trunk.
Bought a Modern Spare tire and it fits (snuggly) in the Frunk under the shelf. See attached pic... Dave
I have been in contact with Modern Spare, and they have informed me that I need the Tesla Model S tire kit for my Lucid and the 19-inch wheel. It is NOT a space saving tire and will not fit in the frunk.
Bought a Modern Spare tire thinking I would keep it in the Trunk. To my amazement, it fit in the frunk! Actually very snuggly, but it fits. AND I can put the shelf in on top of it. Very happy

Bought a Modern Spare tire and it fits (snuggly) in the Frunk under the shelf. See attached pic... Dave
No Picture! They currently have a delay until early May due to the tire not being available.

Gotcha. The Jack and blocks are in the case provided by modern spare. Great peace of mind is what it is. Now that I have it, 99% chance I will never use it. But, if I didn’t have it? You know the outcome :)

I have also bought this and pray never have to use it.

I have also bought this and pray never have to use it.

The tires that come with the Air are those foam filled quiet tires. Wouldn't the foam block or absorb the sealant from the kit?

Also, tire centers scrape out the sealant when patching the tire. I don't know if they can separate sealant and foam.

knowing the roads in my area I'll probably need something just don't really know what would work well.

This is the link for the EZSpare. They ship out of Atlanta.

I believe this is the one I have that fits in the frunk, no problem.

I placed a Modern Spare 19" in the frunk. You need to position it initially so you angle the near side of the tire to fit into the recessed area at the base of the front of the frunk, then push the far side of tire down to level it, so the cover can be placed flat.

I placed a Modern Spare 19" in the frunk. You need to position it initially so you angle the near side of the tire to fit into the recessed area at the base of the front of the frunk, then push the far side of tire down to level it, so the cover can be placed flat.
Thank you for the advise. I also have one. I placed it in my trunk as it did not want to cooperate with me going in the frunk. I will try your approach with it in the Frunk. Free up the trunk for cargo.

Back