Spare tire

For CA weather, I always had all season tires on my previous cars I drove even to Tahoe but then I never went to Tahoe when chains were needed or when the temp was below freezing when I drove. So, I plan on doing the same with Lucid 19" tires which came with the car and replacing them with 19" all season when the time comes.

Consider buying a winter set.
I don't know of any 21" tires for the Lucid Air that are not Summer tires.

Do you mean buy a set of 19" wheels and all season tires? I'm fairly sure that would also require some kind of resetting (for TPMS), which I heard was rather pricey.

PS: Luckily I've moved to NC and (though we get 4 seasons, the winters are rather mild when compared to the NE) I don't have a need for winter tires. Though I'd love to put 21" All-Season tires if they were available.

Doesn't seem to be many options except to get a set of 19" wheels and all seasons. Pricey options for a pricey car, which we all knew signing up for it! On the lookout for options or a deal on a set of 19" wheels. Don't need 2 garage queens.

Another update

Apparently Lucid is the one who's paying for the tires, not Pirelli.

There was a recall for the tires and so Lucid is covering 100%

My Discount Tire manager here said that if it's a small shop, they may not want to front up the cash, because sometimes the tires can sit for months before the claim gets processed and so Discount Tire puts the cash up front to give everything for free, and then Pirelli/Lucid reaches out to cover everything on warranty. So if it's a small shop, they may not have the cash to up front that cost for the few months.

Go to a larger business
Is there a recall on the 21" tires? We got our GT at Thanksgiving and on day 3 exiting the freeway we had a blow out - it was not on the sidewall. Huge hole in the brand new tread. We saw nothing in the roadway, just heard a loud pop. We tried to get Pirelli to cover this - they said no warranty on OEM tires. Lucid would not do anything for us either, except charge $530 for a new one. Lucid said they would make a claim with Pirelli, but then said that Pirelli said it was a road hazard so nothing can be done. I asked for video proof that we hit something, no deal - the cameras do not record. So I would love to know if there is now something that has changed. I will be calling customer care to ask about it - or is there a number I should call? We saved the tire as we just couldn't believe that the thickest part of the tread blew out on a brand new tire, with no pothole and no object that we could see as the cause.

It was around 11 degrees F with wind chills of 4 below. Like I said, I knew better, in fact contemplated other options such as delaying the pick up, transportation service, etc. but wanted the car and wanted it now! So much for that as its still sitting in a shop waiting on the tire. 😩😢
This could be my story. I wanted now driving an EV from Santa Monica to Houston. In retrospect, I could have been stranded in Arizona or New Mexico dessert going against friends’ advice.

Is there a recall on the 21" tires? We got our GT at Thanksgiving and on day 3 exiting the freeway we had a blow out - it was not on the sidewall. Huge hole in the brand new tread. We saw nothing in the roadway, just heard a loud pop. We tried to get Pirelli to cover this - they said no warranty on OEM tires. Lucid would not do anything for us either, except charge $530 for a new one. Lucid said they would make a claim with Pirelli, but then said that Pirelli said it was a road hazard so nothing can be done. I asked for video proof that we hit something, no deal - the cameras do not record. So I would love to know if there is now something that has changed. I will be calling customer care to ask about it - or is there a number I should call? We saved the tire as we just couldn't believe that the thickest part of the tread blew out on a brand new tire, with no pothole and no object that we could see as the cause.
I called Pirelli, they told me the tires are under warranty but said I have to go through an authorized dealer.
I chose Discount Tire.

Discount told me that Pirelli will cover 80% because of tread loss.

Later when I ordered the wheels after agreement and went in for the replacement is when he told me that there's a recall on the tires and Lucid is covering 100% of the cost.

Pothole = flat on my front passenger 21". Lucid towed it and gave me a Lyft out of there. Will be picking it back up tomorrow. Frustrating flat but so far, Lucid has been a star on the support when calling roadside assistance.

Just purchased an EZ Spare now that I know...

I called Pirelli, they told me the tires are under warranty but said I have to go through an authorized dealer.
I chose Discount Tire.

Later when I ordered the wheels after agreement and went in for the replacement is when he told me that there's a recall on the tires and Lucid is covering 100% of the cost.
Which Discount Tire location did you go to?

Lucid is in consistent denial there’s an issue with these tires and profusely has told me they dont cover it. Just had my rear passenger 21” blow on me
Same here on our 21" - Lucid says they have tried to make our claim to Pirelli and been denied. I just posted about this on a thread asking if anyone is thinking about a class action lawsuit against Pirelli.

I chose Discount Tire.

When did you take delivery of your GT? I am reading on this thread that the warranty of 1 year no longer exists for those of us who took delivery after June 1, 2022

Doesn't seem to be many options except to get a set of 19" wheels and all seasons. Pricey options for a pricey car, which we all knew signing up for it! On the lookout for options or a deal on a set of 19" wheels. Don't need 2 garage queens.
I have a perfect set of take off lucid 19” wheels, with lugs and aero covers ( no tires, no TPs) for $1200. Including shipping to your door,
direct message me.

I don’t have a spare, only the kit Lucid sells. I am getting the uneasy feeling I need a spare. What do you guys recommend?
I have all weather tires. Tire rotation should take place between 5,000 and 8,000 miles. Who can I trust to do the job?

I don’t have a spare, only the kit Lucid sells. I am getting the uneasy feeling I need a spare. What do you guys recommend?
I have all weather tires. Tire rotation should take place between 5,000 and 8,000 miles. Who can I trust to do the job?
EZSpare is a skinny limited-distance spare that fits in the frunk. Modern Spare is a wider, less-limited spare that would have to go in the trunk.

Many of us have opted to have a spare on board.
If you look through this Thread, you'll find plenty of examples of "spares".

I posted photos of what I purchased (Ez Spare) My post Here and and Here

I decided to get the EZSpare and Jack from Amazon as insurance. Once I have everything in hand, that will guarantee that I will never get a flat. Without the spare, a flat will be imminent and will be at the most inconvenient time and location. Thanks all for the recommendations and pics!

I also ordered rechargeable LED Roadside light kit from Amazon. I had a similar version that uses AAA batteries, but the batteries die and Duracell batteries leak and one of them was fried. A battery was BLACK which I've never seen before.
Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 1.40.03 PM.png

I chose Discount Tire.

What are the details of the recall? I haven't heard anything about this.

Does anyone recommend using a thin flat jack pad on the scissor jack? The scissor jack is designed for a slotted frame type lift point.

I chose Discount Tire.

Need more info on this.

Back