Spare tire

Lucid told me to bring the tire to a Pirelli authorized retailer to try to get a warranty claim. Didn't have time to go this week, but hopefully I'll do so next week and report back if it worked.
It happened to me. one of tires doesn't hold pressure. I visited a local Mavis shop. It is an authorized Pirelli dealer, but they refused warranty claim, said I have to go through the car-dealer. They even refused repairing the tire. So, I have to call Lucid service center and wait. I have been waiting for 3 days, not sure how long it will take.

It happened to me. one of tires doesn't hold pressure. I visited a local Mavis shop. It is an authorized Pirelli dealer, but they refused warranty claim, said I have to go through the car-dealer. They even refused repairing the tire. So, I have to call Lucid service center and wait. I have been waiting for 3 days, not sure how long it will take.
Discount tire or America’s tire will help you.

Yeah, one of the reasons I wish the cameras on the car were recording so I can review the footage.
Let me paint a picture, blizzard and snowstorm, fog, visibility less than 200 ft
80 mph highway

I was going about 45-50, but still was driving and hit a 'thump'. Never even saw it coming, it was underneath a thin layer of powdered snow.
No idea what it was. My wife said I ran over ice. So I was thinking it may have just fell off a semi or something.

Now I'm finding out it was a pothole, both tires had some damage and he's putting in for the claim.

I'm getting all 4 tires warrantied by Discount tire, they'll cover all the tires up until they're bald for a piece of mind.

Total cost puts me around $400 for 2 replacements and all 4 warrantied.

Going to write up a full Vegas review here soon on how the trip went, I'm back home now
Great news!!
Since I posted this last reply, from that point until now, Pirelli has changed their policy and now both front tires are covered 100%
Just the front ones!

I came in today to replace it as they got the tires in and they put that good news on me, excited that this has cost me nothing!

Great news!!
Since I posted this last reply, from that point until now, Pirelli has changed their policy and now both front tires are covered 100%
Just the front ones!

I came in today to replace it as they got the tires in and they put that good news on me, excited that this has cost me nothing!
Another update

Apparently Lucid is the one who's paying for the tires, not Pirelli.

There was a recall for the tires and so Lucid is covering 100%

My Discount Tire manager here said that if it's a small shop, they may not want to front up the cash, because sometimes the tires can sit for months before the claim gets processed and so Discount Tire puts the cash up front to give everything for free, and then Pirelli/Lucid reaches out to cover everything on warranty. So if it's a small shop, they may not have the cash to up front that cost for the few months.

Go to a larger business

Another update

Apparently Lucid is the one who's paying for the tires, not Pirelli.

There was a recall for the tires and so Lucid is covering 100%

There is a recall for the 21” tires? Do you have any documentation for this?

Borski, have you been successful in getting Pirelli to replace a tire thru those dealers ?
Lucid replaced mine, but I'm not a particularly valid example because when I bought my DE the Pirelli road hazard warranty was still in effect (and continues to remain in effect for the life of the tire).

Picked up a GT today. Very exciting! Got to drive it all of 90 miles and got a flat. Spent the next 4 hours sitting on an Interstate waiting for a flatbed. Knew better than to try a long drive in 4 degree temps on summer tires, but the excitement of the car got the better of common sense. Now sitting in a hotel room waiting for the morning to figure out what to do! Still have 200 miles to go!

20230203_210910.jpg

Picked up a GT today. Very exciting! Got to drive it all of 90 miles and got a flat. Spent the next 4 hours sitting on an Interstate waiting for a flatbed. Knew better than to try a long drive in 4 degree temps on summer tires, but the excitement of the car got the better of common sense. Now sitting in a hotel room waiting for the morning to figure out what to do! Still have 200 miles to go!

View attachment 9360
Sorry to hear that. This has been my nightmare fear to take AGT 21” out at this weather. She is so gorgeous to resist I know.

I don't understand how you get potholes without freeze/thaw cycles. Don't you people know how to build a road ?

in PA we EXPECT potholes and drive accordingly -- on the shoulders / medial strips, dodging the bumper covers and truck tire gators.

Perhaps you folk are just terrible drivers ... should stick to SUVs.

Summer-only tires can easily be permanently damaged just by driving in freezing temperatures. You don't need a pothole.

Summer-only tires can easily be permanently damaged just by driving in freezing temperatures. You don't need a pothole.
Would be interesting to know what the local temperature was when the car with summer tires was released for the road trip. Or if any advice/warning discussed with the new owner?

Seems like he has 21" Aero Blade wheels (like me) .. and, unfortunately, there are no [currently] available All-Season tires available.

So, leaves you w/ a poor choice "To Drive or Not to Drive .. that is the question!" 🤔

It was around 11 degrees F with wind chills of 4 below. Like I said, I knew better, in fact contemplated other options such as delaying the pick up, transportation service, etc. but wanted the car and wanted it now! So much for that as its still sitting in a shop waiting on the tire. 😩😢

Seems like he has 21" Aero Blade wheels (like me) .. and, unfortunately, there are no [currently] available All-Season tires available.

So, leaves you w/ a poor choice "To Drive or Not to Drive .. that is the question!" 🤔
Consider buying a winter set.

Back