Some questions about Native Nav

digiboxer

Cars
X5; F-150; Q7; Touring
I often turn on Nav on a route I know well, just to see how far I am from an exit, etc and also to check on traffic---on my Touring I note the following

1) The typeface (e.g street names) is ridiculously tiny--and even if you Zoom in, the font stays tiny. I've never seen this on any other car---is there a way to enlarge the type face?

2) Does Lucid's native Nav show traffic conditions? Today the road I was on was feature'd in green, but the traffic was stop-and-go.

I'd love to stay with the Lucid system for Nav, but I need to see street names and I need to see traffic conditions on the map

I often turn on Nav on a route I know well, just to see how far I am from an exit, etc and also to check on traffic---on my Touring I note the following

1) The typeface (e.g street names) is ridiculously tiny--and even if you Zoom in, the font stays tiny. I've never seen this on any other car---is there a way to enlarge the type face?

2) Does Lucid's native Nav show traffic conditions? Today the road I was on was feature'd in green, but the traffic was stop-and-go.

I'd love to stay with the Lucid system for Nav, but I need to see street names and I need to see traffic conditions on the map
I'm glad you also noticed this... I think I mentioned this in a separate post.

1. I called CS, and sent an email. The font doesn't adjust and it's a silly issue to have, but I agree. The streets are small and points of interest when driving are even smaller. Sort of defeats the purpose. You can use the other section of the glass cockpit to see the street, but I agree with you it's not always helpful especially if the steering wheel gets in the way... In areas where I live, many streets signs are blocked by tree branches etc. This was a miss by their team not combining real world driving and application...
it helps to remove satellite overlay and use 2D.... But doesn't look as fun!

2. I think traffic conditions are shown, but it's not as good as Google etc. I'll be honest I don't use that feature often so I may be wrong.

I do have to say, that not too long ago, Lucid’s navigation sent me around a freeway traffic jam that was a result of a car fire on the shoulder.

At first I didn’t want to believe the onboard navigation, and resisted the suggestion to take another freeway to my destination. In the end I went along with the suggested alternate route. I was glad I did. I later heard from other motorists that that car fire caused a mile-long backup, and brought traffic to a standstill for about fifteen minutes.

There are times that the Lucid navigation gets the real time traffic right, and in this case, got it right sooner than WAZE.

It's not often I use the native nav and when I do always check and compare traffic conditions with Apple maps. Well today happens to be a day where I used the native nav while I traveled the length of the inner city from the southside to northside, and then from northside to the SW suburbs and the nav did a good job displaying traffic, and when entering the address info to get from the northside to the SW burbs it offered me three routes to chose from. Overall I would say the nav did a comparable job to Apple maps.

Next week I'll use the nav to travel 220 miles to the driftless area of SW Wisconsin, I'm trusting the nav will guide us to an EA site near Madison with fast DC charging before plunging us into rural SW Wisconsin.

Turned on nav for this morning commute, traffic and street names were easily visible.
IMG_5783.JPEG
IMG_5787.JPEG

It's better if you don't use the sat maps and it's just black white and greys

Turned on nav for this morning commute, traffic and street names were easily visible.
View attachment 11981View attachment 11982
Thx---yes, I think you're right. Maybe the first times I tried it and everything was green (in Chicago metro??) I didn't believe it

I'll next try zooming to see if traffic is reported on secondary streets like Google.

Hope so---I paid for Lucid's version and I think the view is elegant

View attachment 11981View attachment 11982
I admit I wear glasses, but I don't believe digiboxer mentioned was inaccurate... Unable to enlarge typeface.
With my head at the seated position, the text could be easier to view. Hard to compare this with your phone picture, but I admire your eyesight!

Agree I did switch to black white and grey, but it does take away some of the excitement.

I'm not sure what everyone is looking for with the nav, I primarily use nav for traffic and for the final approach to a final destination that I haven't been to before, I also have the nav voice on silent as I can't stand to have a good tune interrupted.
I glance at this screen and I know I have to turn left in .4 of a mile, what more does one need to know?

IMG_5783 (2).jpg

I'm not sure what everyone is looking for with the nav, I primarily use nav for traffic and for the final approach to a final destination that I haven't been to before, I also have the nav voice on silent as I can't stand to have a good tune interrupted.
I glance at this screen and I know I have to turn left in .4 of a mile, what more does one need to know?

View attachment 11997
Well, some people dont exactly have a measuring unit in their head. All jokes aside, I love apple maps and its more "human" directions.

View attachment 11997
Agree. Nav has work perfectly for me when going to places that I haven't been to before. Setting the destination using Alexa has also worked well.

This is a great thread, and your picture made me go back to my own car. Is there a setting I don't know about?

You can tell the picture I took is more zoomed in than yours, however the text for streets on your nav appears huge compared to mine... This is why I was complaining... The text is smaller than, and in the same color almost as the streets.

Adding satellite imagery made it worse...

Attachments

• 20230505_013346.png
    20230505_013346.png
    6 MB · Views: 99
This is a great thread, and your picture made me go back to my own car. Is there a setting I don't know about?

You can tell the picture I took is more zoomed in than yours, however the text for streets on your nav appears huge compared to mine... This is why I was complaining... The text is smaller than, and in the same color almost as the streets.

Can you take a more zoomed in photo?

The only setting I use is that little box that brings up the 2D, and 3D, I set my screen for 2D.

Oh yeah, for this one I literally cant see sh@t. I had to zoom in a lot and even then the actual names were illegible.

Im an android user. I can see how everyone likes the OS they use on their phones as that is the most familiar but I really like the Lucid interface. It is detailed and accurate.

Can you take a more zoomed in photo?
These are taken between 1-2 inches from the screen.
20230509_081457.jpg
Does this help? I think I turned on satellite imagery to see if it helped, but it's seriously like a size 6 font. When driving even with a little bit of road reverberation, it's very challenging to focus enough to see the words.

Attachments

• 20230509_081507.jpg
    20230509_081507.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 64
These are taken between 1-2 inches from the screen. View attachment 12185Does this help? I think I turned on satellite imagery to see if it helped, but it's seriously like a size 6 font. When driving even with a little bit of road reverberation, it's very challenging to focus enough to see the words.
Have you tried zooming in the map? Pinch to zoom.

These are taken between 1-2 inches from the screen. View attachment 12185Does this help? I think I turned on satellite imagery to see if it helped, but it's seriously like a size 6 font. When driving even with a little bit of road reverberation, it's very challenging to focus enough to see the words.
Sorry I meant zooming in on the map; either take two fingers and “pinch” in, or use the + button to zoom in.

Back