Nav: Two complaints and a compliment

mraschko

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring; Audi Q7
Tonight, I was going to a concert held at a venue I'd never been to before. This morning, I found the address, plugged it into the Lucid app on my phone and sent it to the car. I got a message that seemed to indicate success.

When I got in the car tonight, I expected it to show on the Home screen. There'd been 8 or 9 hours since I'd sent it to the car, but nope. I tried switching to nav, switching back but still nothing. I wrote it off and started to enter the address directly into the Lucid app. While doing this, I suddenly got a pop up that the address I'd sent hours ago had finally reached the car. This was great, but ridiculous lag. This should have been ready to go when I entered the car.

I put on some music (Spoon's They Want My Soul on Tidal), turned it up, and headed out. Nav promptly shouted at me. Please Lucid, let the Nav volume be set independently from the music volume.

Now for the compliment... I LOVE that the Lucid Nav interface has a mute button. I know how to get out of my neighborhood, so the fact that I can tap that button and not be bothered by voice prompts and later tap it again when I want them is fantastic. I don't think any of my other cars (or apps on my iPhone) have this feature. Good job on this one, Lucid!

I can totally relate to both scenarios.

@Bobby the address send to car from mobile app has a bug for lagging.

@mraschko what it should do it put that address in Home Screen immediately to be clicked on like other brands of EVs. Currently it send to navigation and get triggered when you search address to bring it up. This is minor bug, Lucid should fix this easily. Thank you for pointing out!

Was the address not underneath the home/work tabs?

Weird, it was working for me fine today, but I actually had navigation searched for something else. I think you just need to have navigation on. @mraschko

Tonight, I was going to a concert held at a venue I'd never been to before. This morning, I found the address, plugged it into the Lucid app on my phone and sent it to the car. I got a message that seemed to indicate success.

When I got in the car tonight, I expected it to show on the Home screen. There'd been 8 or 9 hours since I'd sent it to the car, but nope. I tried switching to nav, switching back but still nothing. I wrote it off and started to enter the address directly into the Lucid app. While doing this, I suddenly got a pop up that the address I'd sent hours ago had finally reached the car. This was great, but ridiculous lag. This should have been ready to go when I entered the car.

I put on some music (Spoon's They Want My Soul on Tidal), turned it up, and headed out. Nav promptly shouted at me. Please Lucid, let the Nav volume be set independently from the music volume.

Now for the compliment... I LOVE that the Lucid Nav interface has a mute button. I know how to get out of my neighborhood, so the fact that I can tap that button and not be bothered by voice prompts and later tap it again when I want them is fantastic. I don't think any of my other cars (or apps on my iPhone) have this feature. Good job on this one, Lucid!
I’ve had this happen if I send an address but don’t get in the car for awhile. I think it has something to do with the vehicle waking to receive the location and then going back to sleep.

For me sometimes it takes forever for the car to receive the address I sent so I send it like 5 times and that usually gets it within a couple seconds lol. Not sure which goes through, but yeah definitely a bug because it's not consistent or reliable in a pinch.

FWIW my Mercedes had the same issue. Sometime sending the address via the app would show up right away, sometimes in a few minutes, and sometimes never. I think automakers have a ways to go to perfect their apps. Maybe Tesla is better, I didn’t use the app when I had the car.

Back