Turn off music when opening door?

momo3605

Verified Owner
Cars
718 Spyder, R1T, Air T
Referral Code
OV9HL03Y
Ok all! I finally picked up my Lucid Air Touring! Probably overpaid but whatever!! It’s awesome!!

Now excuse me for probably a multitude of posts about how to use features. Start with a couple:

1. Is there a way to have the audio turn off when you open the driver door? If I’m listening to awesome music on SSP, it’s embarrassing to open the door with my weird music blaring out in a parking lot lol

2. Is there a way to enable auto brightness or auto dimming for the pilot panels? I noticed it’s quite bright once it gets dark outside so I had to manually reduce the brightness.

3. Does the nav volume reset to super loud every time you get in? I lowered it the first time I drove off, the second time I got in and turned on nav it was crazy loud again…maybe a glitch?

Ok all! I finally picked up my Lucid Air Touring! Probably overpaid but whatever!! It’s awesome!!

Now excuse me for probably a multitude of posts about how to use features. Start with a couple:

1. Is there a way to have the audio turn off when you open the driver door? If I’m listening to awesome music on SSP, it’s embarrassing to open the door with my weird music blaring out in a parking lot lol

2. Is there a way to enable auto brightness or auto dimming for the pilot panels? I noticed it’s quite bright once it gets dark outside so I had to manually reduce the brightness.

3. Does the nav volume reset to super loud every time you get in? I lowered it the first time I drove off, the second time I got in and turned on nav it was crazy loud again…maybe a glitch?
1. Pause it using the steering wheel or interface.
2. It does auto-dim, but could be more
3. Not sure about this one.

Ahh that’s kind of annoying, but ok, will have to get in the habit of this
Alternative is to use the physical volume wheel to lower the volume when you park. It's fast and easy. I love that we have tactile controls and buttons for the simple things.

Alternative is to use the physical volume wheel to lower the volume when you park. It's fast and easy. I love that we have tactile controls and buttons for the simple things.
The problem with turning down the volume is that it doesn’t stop the music. It just mutes it. Super annoying if you were listening to a podcast and actually want to keep your place.

Steering wheel button to pause is the simplest way to actually pause.

The problem with turning down the volume is that it doesn’t stop the music. It just mutes it. Super annoying if you were listening to a podcast and actually want to keep your place.

True. But for music, I'm still finding that the next time I get in the car, the song starts from the beginning of the song which is my preference for music. I can see how the same logic is annoying for podcasts and maybe audiobooks(?)

Or just having a button that shuts off the vehicle.

I'd rather push a button to stop music than have to turn on/off my car everytime.

Hard pass. The number of times I get out of cars that have that stupid button and leave them running because I forgot to hit it is insane, lol

Not having a button to turn off car is nice, but then you have to do a good job that your software understands that you’re leaving your car like Tesla and Rivian do. Unfortunately Lucid’s software is a little immature here

Hard pass. The number of times I get out of cars that have that stupid button and leave them running because I forgot to hit it is insane, lol
Before I'd do that maybe a couple times a year. Now that I've gotten used to the Lucid, it's more like every third time I drive my other car. At least it gives me a warning tone as I'm walking away, so I come back and turn it off.

Congrats on your lucid. Car is awesome. Drivability and modern sleek look is just great. I absolutely love it. On the other hand, software is lacklustre, needs lot of improvement. It will take sometime to get used to missing features or wait for feature enhancements.

I'd rather push a button to stop music than have to turn on/off my car everytime.
Same!!! Plus the auto lock when I walk away. I hate having to push that button 🫣

Back