Software update 2.1.20

I can confirm that the last two updates and have not fixed my only real issue, occasional loss of the internet resulting in the occasional loss of SXM.

You always hope that these updates, although not announced, address known issues. I’m confident, given the beta nature of SXM, this will eventually be resolved.

It is just sad compared to the updates that my Rivian gets every few weeks. The Rivian is already an amazing vehicle and they continue to add thoughtful and very useful features with each update. Wish Lucid could do the same.

If only there was a list of most requested Lucid features created by Lucid owners somewhere on the internet that they could look to and implement in a reasonable time...

There is nothing "sad" about Lucid updates. Since getting a very early production car in late 2021, we have received loads of updates that brought many new features, including some that are not included on our 2021 Tesla or on a Rivian.

- Apple CarPlay (not available on Teslas), with Android coming
- a USB port that will read a music stick (not available on new Teslas)
- dual-screen satellite maps so that you can see zoomed-out and zoomed-in views simultaneously as well as different compass orientations
- and the list goes on . . .

Also, from the start Lucid had features that even the newest Teslas still don't have, especially regarding camera displays.

Yes, there are still some things lacking, such as dash cam recording, but the updates have been steady, frequent, and useful . . . and I'm sure there are more to come.

By the way, I reserved a Rivian R1S Launch Edition in February 2019. I never got the outreach from my "Lucid Guide" that I was promised, most email inquiries were never answered, and when March 2023 came and went with no delivery date yet provided, I canceled my reservation.

Rivian should have gotten the software right. They certainly took their sweet time.

There is nothing "sad" about Lucid updates. Since getting a very early production car in late 2021, we have received loads of updates that brought many new features, including some that are not included on our 2021 Tesla or on a Rivian.

- Apple CarPlay (not available on Teslas), with Android coming
- a USB port that will read a music stick (not available on new Teslas)
- dual-screen satellite maps so that you can see zoomed-out and zoomed-in views simultaneously as well as different compass orientations
- and the list goes on . . .

Also, from the start Lucid had features that even the newest Teslas still don't have, especially regarding camera displays.

Yes, there are still some things lacking, such as dash cam recording, but the updates have been steady, frequent, and useful . . . and I'm sure there are more to come.

By the way, I reserved a Rivian R1S Launch Edition in February 2019. I never got the outreach from my "Lucid Guide" that I was promised, most email inquiries were never answered, and when March 2023 came and went with no delivery date yet provided, I canceled my reservation.

Rivian should have gotten the software right. They certainly took their sweet time.
I am going to disagree, of course. It is sad that the software was so very incomplete and buggy when I got my car in December of 2021. Yes, the current software is much, much better but it is still, IMHO, just release candidate quality. Also, if you compare features and functionality to Mercedes, Ford or GM, the current Lucid software is sorely lacking.

Will things continue to get better, I very much hope so, but we still have a long way to go before the software matches the driving experience.

Again, just my observations and opinion.

I am going to disagree, of course. It is sad that the software was so very incomplete and buggy when I got my car in December of 2021. Yes, the current software is much, much better but it is still, IMHO, just release candidate quality. Also, if you compare features and functionality to Mercedes, Ford or GM, the current Lucid software is sorely lacking.

Will things continue to get better, I very much hope so, but we still have a long way to go before the software matches the driving experience.

Again, just my observations and opinion.

I was not saying Lucid's software is perfect or anything close to it. What I was challenging was the assertion that Lucid is not doing frequent updates and implementing improvements along the way. The software experience now is far, far better than what I experienced from December 2021 until UX 2.0 was released in October 2022. While it still might have a ways to go, it no longer impinges on my enjoyment of the driving experience and has not for some time.

One of my points of comparison is a friend who is leasing a VW ID.4. He's just over two years into his lease, and his car is in the shop right now to have its first software update. The update was delayed for months for reasons never given, and it can only be done by the dealer as VW does not do OTA updates. (Actually, his car has been in the shop for four weeks today, as it's also waiting for two battery modules which are coming from Germany but keep getting delayed, supposedly because the first two that were shipped were the wrong ones.)

To call Lucid "sad" and Rivian "amazing" is very far from my own experience in dealing with both companies.

Downloaded and installed.
When started car it said "frunk failure" call customer service.
Opened and closed frunk.
Reset car and no issues since.
After installing the new update this weekend, I got a front camera error notice with the call customer service note. For a couple miles, the car wouldn't recognize speed limit signs as I drove past, but when I got close to another car at a stoplight, the front camera opened up with no issues, so I thought it was strange that I got an error message. Within 5 minutes the error code went away. No issues since...

After installing the new update this weekend, I got a front camera error notice with the call customer service note. For a couple miles, the car wouldn't recognize speed limit signs as I drove past, but when I got close to another car at a stoplight, the front camera opened up with no issues, so I thought it was strange that I got an error message. Within 5 minutes the error code went away. No issues since...
I just found a major software bug that Lucid is going to have to immediately change about the new 20 update, if you use your phone as your key as I do with no key fob in your pocket, which is always worked perfectly for me it no longer works after the software update as soon as you start, Apple play, Apple play fails and no key is detected comes on the screen. I spent an hour on the phone with Lucid Tech and they confirmed that this is a problem they have not heard of yet and they’re going to have to immediately issue a software fix , so if you want to continue to use CarPlay and you don’t normally carry a key fob in your pocket don’t install the new software update until the fixes out

WE WANT MORE!!!!
Why is it that no matter what an OTA addresses, it is not enough. I received my AGT in May 2022 and it has software version 1.2.1. It definitely left a lot to be desired, but it was still a blast to drive. I accepted that there would be software updates and each update would be an improvement. My Son and I drove my Lucid to CA and back with this software without any real problem. The Nav system worked well enough to get us to charging stations. We only had to call Lucid once to help get a charging station to work. As long as the Adaptive Cruise Control worked, I was happy as that was a much as my previous care had (2014 Subrau Outback). I was too green about EV to know any better. I take each OTA as making my car better and don't try to second guess Lucid fixing one thing but not another. I don't worry about what other EV's do because it does affect my Lucid. If I thought different model EV was better, I would have gotten it and not the Lucid. I really splurged when I bought my Lucid and it will be my last car as I am 78. Sure there are things that could be better, but mechanically the car has be flawless. There have only been a couple of minor issues, but they never affected driveablity. In short quite bitching about what you don't have and enjoy what your Lucid has at this moment, it will only get better.

In Boston for the day, sans Lucid, but installed 2.1.20 just now. I look forward to an immeasurably robustier experience when I return.

Currently at 32,290 miles since June 28 2922 delivery. Original SW version 1.1.17.
In less than two years Lucid has been ‘robustly’ improved in so many ways to a vehicle hardly comparable to one of original delivery.

My front camera fails if it has been in direct sunlight on a very hot day and especially when fast charging. IMHO, this is a heat issue. Camera functionality will return after 5-10 min or so after driving.

My front camera fails if it has been in direct sunlight on a very hot day and especially when fast charging. IMHO, this is a heat issue. Camera functionality will return after 5-10 min or so after driving.
I'll have to keep an eye on that, but haven't had that happen all summer here in TX.

I had this last summer but so far this summer I have not had it.

I just found a major software bug that Lucid is going to have to immediately change about the new 20 update, if you use your phone as your key as I do with no key fob in your pocket, which is always worked perfectly for me it no longer works after the software update as soon as you start, Apple play, Apple play fails and no key is detected comes on the screen. I spent an hour on the phone with Lucid Tech and they confirmed that this is a problem they have not heard of yet and they’re going to have to immediately issue a software fix , so if you want to continue to use CarPlay and you don’t normally carry a key fob in your pocket don’t install the new software update until the fixes out
I had this with the previous version, but after a few seconds it would detect the key. It never happened before that.

It is just sad compared to the updates that my Rivian gets every few weeks. The Rivian is already an amazing vehicle and they continue to add thoughtful and very useful features with each update. Wish Lucid could do the same.

If only there was a list of most requested Lucid features created by Lucid owners somewhere on the internet that they could look to and implement in a reasonable time...
How is Apple CarPlay working on Rivian?

Try toggling Bluetooth off/on on the iPhone. This usually fixes issues like this. BTW, I have over 24,000 miles on my Lucid and have not carried the key fob since I took delivery.

Back