Software issues versus daily driving

The valet card pin code is an interesting choice, as now we need to share the pin with the valet when giving them the key fob. I’d prefer the car to be able to drive say 5-10 mi up to 30mph without pin

If you give them the key *fob* they don’t need the code. Only for the valet card alone.

I agree. You said key fob so I was clarifying.
So, I think the valet key is supposed to let you drive without the pin.

I just had them come to pick up my car and they told me my second keyfob was not letting them drive without the pin and asked for my valet key instead. They used the valet key to start the car and drive away (and will replace batteries/repair the key fob). I offered my other fob also, but they said no need.

Doesn't the valet key activate if you hold it to the ceiling? I remember someone telling me that before?

So, I think the valet key is supposed to let you drive without the pin.

I just had them come to pick up my car and they told me my second keyfob was not letting them drive without the pin and asked for my valet key instead. They used the valet key to start the car and drive away (and will replace batteries/repair the key fob). I offered my other fob also, but they said no need.

That is not how it’s supposed to work. The Valet card is only supposed to work with the PIN, *unless* you have your fob or mobile phone key nearby also.

The valet card pin code is an interesting choice, as now we need to share the pin with the valet when giving them the key fob. I’d prefer the car to be able to drive say 5-10 mi up to 30mph without pin
The car will drive with the Valet card and no Pin. Pin is required to get to your profile. With no pin it will stay in Guest. Or at least it did. I have not tested this since 1.0.5.

The car will drive with the Valet card and no Pin. Pin is required to get to your profile. With no pin it will stay in Guest. Or at least it did. I have not tested this since 1.0.5.
After unlocking the vehicle using the card, the profile that is displayed is the last profile, which in my case is me, the main driver. If Guest is selected for the profile, then pressing on the brake causes a PIN to drive display.

tempImageQWW9R9.png

Unfortunately, there is no way to set the PIN for Guest - or at least it is not settable like the other PINs. I did try my PIN, but that does not work.

What I did was create a Valet profile and set the PIN to something like 000000. This way, before exiting the vehicle, I can select the Valet profile, so it's ready when they get into the car.

After unlocking the vehicle using the card, the profile that is displayed is the last profile, which in my case is me, the main driver. If Guest is selected for the profile, then pressing on the brake causes a PIN to drive display.

View attachment 913

Unfortunately, there is no way to set the PIN for Guest - or at least it is not settable like the other PINs. I did try my PIN, but that does not work.

What I did was create a Valet profile and set the PIN to something like 000000. This way, before exiting the vehicle, I can select the Valet profile, so it's ready when they get into the car.
Interesting. When I get the car back I will experiment some. We always think of software updates as fixes, but updates frequently break things that previously worked.

Interesting. When I get the car back I will experiment some. We always think of software updates as fixes, but updates frequently break things that previously worked.
Yea for my problem, the service guys said they have never seen it because they couldn't even turn off the music or turn down the volume, haha

Just confirmed with service:

Car can drive with valet key and no pin. Touch valet key to roof near led Strip. (I think it’s by that square that everyone thinks is a microphone)

Car can drive with valet key and no pin. Touch valet key to roof near led Strip. (I think it’s by that square that everyone thinks is a microphone)
That was my experience. Worked for me.

Could you confirm this? I can’t get it to work

Could you confirm this? I can’t get it to work
Does not work for me. I tried all sort of locations too. The tech that was at my house last week thought that Face ID should work with the keycard, which it doesn't for me, also.

My car is going to Lucid service tomorrow, so they can check out why any of the facial recognition features do not work.

Does not work for me. I tried all sort of locations too. The tech that was at my house last week thought that Face ID should work with the keycard, which it doesn't for me, also.

My car is going to Lucid service tomorrow, so they can check out why any of the facial recognition features do not work.
Yea my Face ID doesn’t work to put the car in drive either

Just general gripes that I see being repeated including : difficulty with door openings, poor navigation system with lack of specifications for N, S, E, W, frustration with and or lack of adaptive cruise control, difficulty witb the audio system including lack of identification of stations and or artists, frustrations with getting in and out of the vehicle due to the A pillar, seats changing positions randomly, massage seats randomly turning off, general frustrations with Alexa, Android and lack of Apple car play , problems with parking assist / cameras , frustrations with screen lag time, reports of car randomly moving, etc.

None of these things are deal breakers. I am just trying to learn some common problems so I can rectify them quickly when I receive the car. I admit , I am intimidated by all the tech . I am just trying to learn as much as I can before I get the vehicle.

Any improvements to Alexa's behavior with the current build? Or is it best to ignore it?

I respect your opinion, but steadfastly disagree, fwiw. :) The DE is the quietest car I’ve ever driven, *especially* on the 19s I just switched out for. The 21s handle better though (by far) and are mildly louder but barely.

I like the way the controls are laid out.

The software… will catch up. On that, we agree. :)
When you buy an EV, software is incredibly important because hopefully it’s going to help us (1) drive more safely, (2) make driving less challenging as we age with gradually diminishing cognition, (3) parking and navigation assistance, (4) location and fetch capabilities and (5) reduced maintenance. None of this matters with the millennial generation but we will all eventually get to our 70s.

I own a Tesla Model S 85 purchased in September 2013. It still drives like a rocket and the hybrid Google navigation has been amazing. The car has had absolutely no major hardware or software issues from day one. BTW, I have a reservation for a Lucid Touring because it has the metal roof option. I have purchased every important upgrade that is possible for my Tesla, however the auto driving option cannot be added to my Tesla. So it’s either the Lucid T or a new Tesla Plaid if they offer a round steering wheel option. To date, the technology in Tesla so far has not been matched by any other EV.

Back