Self Parking

rogerdodger

Cars
Mach-E
Hi Guys:

Seriously considering the Lucid and was wondering if the 'self parking' feature would help with driving the car into my garage (single width door) or is it just for parking out on the street?

It would be great if I could just set it and let it drive into the garage, without me checking that I do have 2 or 3 inches to spare on each side of the car!

Thanks.

Roger

Hi Guys:

Seriously considering the Lucid and was wondering if the 'self parking' feature would help with driving the car into my garage (single width door) or is it just for parking out on the street?

It would be great if I could just set it and let it drive into the garage, without me checking that I do have 2 or 3 inches to spare on each side of the car!

Thanks.

Roger
Autopark works for parallel parking on the street or in perpendicular spots in a parking lot. It needs a reference vehicle or two, so it won’t work to park in your garage.

However, the overhead view with DD Premium makes parking in a garage trivial, so I’d definitely opt for DD Premium at least.

You could also consider the Infinity Shield, since it would beep at you until you’re safely in the garage (and out of line of sight of the sensor array).

Thank you so much and for the info on Infinity Shield.

Much appreciated.

I posted a thread on the Infinity Shield. It is convenient if you want to park your car as close as possible to the garage door. I do this to maximize front clearance. It does beep while the sensors are broken and won't let you close the garage door on your vehicle if say the trunk is open and blocking the door. Took 30 min or so to install. Was very easy.

+1 for 360-cams and Infinity Shield. Either one alone is a great improvement. Both together are super.

Back