Release Version Megathread

I see that 2.0.58 implemented an improvement to scheduled charging. Has anyone noticed a difference?

I see that 2.0.58 implemented an improvement to scheduled charging. Has anyone noticed a difference?
I came here for this..... I just updated to v58, did a user-profile reset and a lock-and-wait reset, and still don't see what changed! It's the same thing as before, just one time that can be set.

Attachments

• 20230323_180944.jpg
    20230323_180944.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 98
I came here for this..... I just updated to v58, did a user-profile reset and a lock-and-wait reset, and still don't see what changed! It's the same thing as before, just one time that can be set.
Some people were having trouble with making it work at all, maybe it was addressing that.

HUGE difference! Everything works now; I just have to press the "Continue" button on the kiosk. That said, the EA charger at Cheyenne in Las Vegas is problematic. I got 3kW from a 150kW charger (nope, not a typo). Went to the one on Flamingo at Target and got a whopping 137kW.

Noticed my USB thumb drive stopped working. It showed the songs but I couldn't play them. I reformatted the drive, and everything is good now. I don't have an iPhone so will wait until Lucid does an update for Android.

Installing 2.0.59 now

Sounds like improvements to overriding steering in Highway Assist, plus other minor enhancements.

35 minute estimated install.

I got .59 and changing lanes now with HA is much better. So much smoother and less button fiddling trying to turn off HA and then turning HA back on. My passengers are much happier now.

I got .59 and changing lanes now with HA is much better. So much smoother and less button fiddling trying to turn off HA and then turning HA back on. My passengers are much happier now.
I’m still perplexed as to why some of us had issues with this before.

I finally got back to my Touring last night after installing .59, and as far as I can tell, the only difference is that instead of waiting a few clicks for the wheel to release, it releases immediately when you turn on the turn signal. And it seems to be a bit tighter when it releases, as if the steering is stiffer. But it definitely will not fight you.

It was never necessary to fiddle with any other buttons to change lanes. You just had to signal early and wait to make your lane change, which I always thought was what you are supposed to do anyway. And then HA automatically took over again once you were centered in the new lane.

But the way some folks describe it, perhaps there was a glitch in some cars where it never released? I can’t relate, because mine always did, precisely after four clicks of the turn signal.

Either way, I’m glad people are happy with the new update. Just, you know, make sure you signal well before you start changing lanes. Helps the rest of us.

But the way some folks describe it, perhaps there was a glitch in some cars where it never released?
That is right. Prior to 2.0.59, I could signal of 20 seconds and the steering would never release. I would have to over power the steering and the car would jerk when being over powered. Now with 2.0.59, the steering releases immediately with the turn signal and it is easy to make a smooth lane change.

That is right. Prior to 2.0.59, I could signal of 20 seconds and the steering would never release. I would have to over power the steering and the car would jerk when being over powered. Now with 2.0.59, the steering releases immediately with the turn signal and it is easy to make a smooth lane change.
To add to this, it sometimes behaved right when turning left but was too "sticky" when turning right. The overall force to overcome HA was too high and for me personally it never "released" easily unless I was on a slight curve.

It's much much better on 0.59 so that's history now :)

Interestingly - I received the 2.0.59 update and my HA has disappeared completely. It's very strange. I thought perhaps it was a temporary issue - went ahead and soft reset the car, switched profiles etc. No luck. I then hard reset. Still no luck.

Essentially - I have adaptive cruise and no HA - doesn't prompt, doesn't say it can't engage - just isn't available at all. As if the 2.0.59 was pushed and flipped some flag somewhere saying "this vehicle doesn't have HA".

I called support and the rep said he had has a few others call with the same issue. It's been escalated to engineering - we'll see what happens.

On a side note - CarPlay is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it works without issues - but occasionally it'll just disappear - I'll have to disable bluetooth or turn CarPlay off on my phone and turn it back on. Today I had to reboot my phone to get it to reconnect correctly. It's still fairly buggy.

Interestingly - I received the 2.0.59 update and my HA has disappeared completely. It's very strange. I thought perhaps it was a temporary issue - went ahead and soft reset the car, switched profiles etc. No luck. I then hard reset. Still no luck.

Essentially - I have adaptive cruise and no HA - doesn't prompt, doesn't say it can't engage - just isn't available at all. As if the 2.0.59 was pushed and flipped some flag somewhere saying "this vehicle doesn't have HA".

Seconding this. I have never posted but was wondering if it was just me. Good to know that I'm not alone in this (i.e. not a hardware issue) and this will likely get sorted out.

I'll say that I did have highway assist for a day after I got the update. Was able to use the improved lane switch for a single drive back home, and the next day it was gone.

Seconding this. I have never posted but was wondering if it was just me. Good to know that I'm not alone in this (i.e. not a hardware issue) and this will likely get sorted out.

I'll say that I did have highway assist for a day after I got the update. Was able to use the improved lane switch for a single drive back home, and the next day it was gone.
Out of curiosity - what model do you have? I'm wondering if it's specific to just AT's or if it's something more wide spread. It also may be something to do with the specific hardware version we have.

Out of curiosity - what model do you have? I'm wondering if it's specific to just AT's or if it's something more wide spread.
It's a cosmic silver Air Touring with 20" wheels, to be specific.

I've heard of issues specifically to cars with 20" wheels since it's a different software config for tire pressure/range estimation/etc

It's a cosmic silver Air Touring with 20" wheels, to be specific.

I've heard of issues specifically to cars with 20" wheels since it's a different software config for tire pressure/range estimation/etc
Well - I have 21" wheels - so that doesn't seem like it would be the magic switch. My tech is coming out tomorrow and will be online with an engineer so we'll maybe have it figured out. The only real problem is that I'm very remote relative to places you can test the HA (minimum 12 miles away). But we both do have AT's so that seems more common.

To add to this, it sometimes behaved right when turning left but was too "sticky" when turning right. The overall force to overcome HA was too high and for me personally it never "released" easily unless I was on a slight curve.

It's much much better on 0.59 so that's history now :)
Lucky guy that I am, previous to .59 I found it would release easily after just one ding of the turn signal. Never had to wait for three dings. Post .59, there's even less resistance. I'd guess there's some slight difference in the resistance car to car. The only time I've had a bit more noticeable resistance was when trying to do a sudden lane change (no time to signal), and even then it was merely obvious that I was overriding what it wanted to do.

I called support and the rep said he had has a few others call with the same issue. It's been escalated to engineering - we'll see what happens.

On a side note - CarPlay is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it works without issues - but occasionally it'll just disappear - I'll have to disable bluetooth or turn CarPlay off on my phone and turn it back on. Today I had to reboot my phone to get it to reconnect correctly. It's still fairly buggy.

At one point I thought my HA was not functioning. The notice would come up about doing a "Long Press" to engage it but it would not activate. What I came to realize was that I still had my foot on the accelerator and hence, the cruise was not engaged. Once I learned to let the cruise take over first, then the HA can be activated easily.

Also, HA is not available on all roads or even in certain sections of a given highway.

Pete

At one point I thought my HA was not functioning. The notice would come up about doing a "Long Press" to engage it but it would not activate. What I came to realize was that I still had my foot on the accelerator and hence, the cruise was not engaged. Once I learned to let the cruise take over first, then the HA can be activated easily.

Also, HA is not available on all roads or even in certain sections of a given highway.

Pete
Not my first rodeo. Tech is coming tomorrow and will be online with an engineer to figure out what's going on.

Turn off wireless CarPlay and just plug in - works great and consistently when wired.

My Lucid Tech came out yesterday and was on a zoom call with engineers while plugged into my AT. Initially they thought it was a sensor calibration issue which would have required my car to be transported to Houston for recalibration.
But… he took it for a drive. Came back and then plugged in again and the engineers went thru the logs again.
It turned out to be a corrupted cache file. They zapped the file, took it for another drive and - viola - HA is now functional.

My Lucid Tech came out yesterday and was on a zoom call with engineers while plugged into my AT. Initially they thought it was a sensor calibration issue which would have required my car to be transported to Houston for recalibration.
But… he took it for a drive. Came back and then plugged in again and the engineers went thru the logs again.
It turned out to be a corrupted cache file. They zapped the file, took it for another drive and - viola - HA is now functional.
That’s good (or not) to hear. Maybe my problem is the same as yours and can be remedied that way, although I don’t know how a cache file gets corrupted and why it can’t be cleared out by the user or a reset.

Back