RESOLVED Rear ac for kids

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22ā€AGT quantum
I am finding for our long road trip the left and right. Rear acs vents near the doors are pretty low power šŸŖ« any idea how to boost the power on those my kids complain a little bit.

Thanks !!

Aim the front A/C vents up and over your head?

Oh man this is a case where I should have read the manual. There is a little knob on the vent I just needed to twist all the way open. Well thatā€™s my dumbest question I asked I think šŸ¤”

So much for being a doer...

Oh man this is a case where I should have read the manual. There is a little knob on the vent I just needed to twist all the way open. Well thatā€™s my dumbest question I asked I think šŸ¤”
Donā€™t feel too badly. I read the manual front-to-back when I first got the car, but the ā€œturning the knobā€ part didnā€™t stick. 8 months into ownership I discovered the rear vents were closed and ā€œdiscoveredā€ could be opened with a little twist of the knobsā€¦the rear air conditioning has been greatly improved!

It seems the normal operation of the climate control is to automatically turn on the rear system when it detects an occupant in the seat. We'll see the graphic on the curved display whether or not passengers have buckled in their seat belts.

However, when my son gets in his booster seat, it doesn't detect him and he complains the rear climate control doesn't turn on automatically. So my wife asks him do you know how to turn it on and he says yes, so she says stop complaining! šŸ˜‚

Still I don't think it's good that the car does not detect an 86lbs. occupant!

It seems the normal operation of the climate control is to automatically turn on the rear system when it detects an occupant in the seat. We'll see the graphic on the curved display whether or not passengers have buckled in their seat belts.

However, when my son gets in his booster seat, it doesn't detect him and he complains the rear climate control doesn't turn on automatically. So my wife asks him do you know how to turn it on and he says yes, so she says stop complaining! šŸ˜‚

Oh I didnā€™t realize itā€™s a sensor thing. Do you just end up overriding it ?

To test, if he sits in the seat next to where the booster is, the occupant sensor picks him up. So yes, in the meantime, we have manually turn on the rear climate system.

I am not aware of any sensor being involved but I believe the front and rear controls have to be set in a certain way or the rear AC doesnā€™t run automatically. I set the rear AC on and both sides in auto. I then have the front AC on, both sides in auto and sync activated. This setting repeats itself when you restart the car. If you adjust the temp setting it also adjusts the rear setting to the same point. The rear AC runs whether there is anyone in the rear seats or not, at least that is what the screen displays. I will actually check the air flow tomorrow and see if it changes like the screen says.

Yea, the sensor is in the middle of the seat and booster seats normally have a hallow space there so it doesn't trigger the sensor. I make sure to put the rear AC on whenever my kids are back there.

Back