Rear Bumper

Bus Driver

Verified Owner
Cars
Tesla MX, MS; Air GT
It had to happen, but did it have to happen only two payments into my five-year note.

I didn’t pull in far enough into my garage. The garage door came down and left some pretty nice scratches on the rear bumper. Grrr….I could just kick myself right now, I’m so mad.

Thanks for letting me vent.

It had to happen, but did it have to happen only two payments into my five-year note.

I didn’t pull in far enough into my garage. The garage door came down and left some pretty nice scratches on the rear bumper. Grrr….I could just kick myself right now, I’m so mad.

So sorry to hear that! You might want to consider purchasing something like this: https://a.co/d/0lnLX4g

So sorry to hear that! You might want to consider purchasing something like this: https://a.co/d/0lnLX4g

Thanks for the recce’, Bobby. If my past history with expensive cars is anything to go by (all of them have been “tagged” by the garage door), now that my current favourite car has been tagged, it will never happen again.

What cheeses me off is that this whole thing could have been very easily avoided. Multiple cameras, scores of sensors, how much more help did I need to prevent this from happening? Still fuming at myself…

This is my cheaper and much lower tech version of that laser:

IMG_7906.jpg
IMG_7907.jpg

Sports for me and a heart for her!!!!

I have used a hanging thing, laser guide, and a floor wheel bumper at different times, just to avoid that same issue. And for the same reason, not getting the car/truck in far enough. And of course other people in my family who park in my garage seem to still miss all of those guides. Just have to live with those minor scratches. :rolleyes:

Thanks so much @hydbob. Link saved for future reference, specifically our similarly dinged Teslas. In the light of morning, turns out the damage is not as great as I had feared. Might be able to buff it out:

Attachments

• BD869327-CDD6-4B51-B35C-79CBCEF60FA6.jpeg
    BD869327-CDD6-4B51-B35C-79CBCEF60FA6.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 84
  • 064751F6-B667-45CA-804A-FB8F7F1DF06B.jpeg
    064751F6-B667-45CA-804A-FB8F7F1DF06B.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 84
  • 9F20007C-8771-4A2F-B5B3-D9AC6FCA0132.jpeg
    9F20007C-8771-4A2F-B5B3-D9AC6FCA0132.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 82
I have used a hanging thing, laser guide, and a floor wheel bumper at different times, just to avoid that same issue. And for the same reason, not getting the car/truck in far enough. And of course other people in my family who park in my garage seem to still miss all of those guides. Just have to live with those minor scratches. :rolleyes:

Very true. In this instance the damage seems to be very superficial. Hoping to be able to buff it out, and move on.

Dang, nearly invisible. I've had much worse waterspots. You may be the only one to notice.

Dang, nearly invisible. I've had much worse waterspots. You may be the only one to notice.

Yes. Keep talking me off the ledge so I won’t fret about this anymore. Because I suspect you’re right, no one else is going to see.

Yes. Keep talking me off the ledge so I won’t fret about this anymore. Because I suspect you’re right, no one else is going to see.
Let me drive it for a week and put some more obvious scratches and scrapes on it. Then you can be furious at me, and the invisible-but-to-you scuffs won't be on your mind. Free service, you won't need to pay me or my grandkids.

This is my cheaper and much lower tech version of that laser:

View attachment 8580View attachment 8581

Sports for me and a heart for her!!!!
I do the same thing! Haha
Thanks so much @hydbob. Link saved for future reference, specifically our similarly dinged Teslas. In the light of morning, turns out the damage is not as great as I had feared. Might be able to buff it out:
Honestly it's not very noticeable at all, I'd say "'tis but a scratch"
Could've been much worse!

Back