Rear bumper got scuffed by the swinging PG&E meter door

davidliu

Verified Owner
Cars
Stellar White Air GT
Apparently, they left the door open without attendance. Then a gust blew it onto my rear bumper. Not sure what to do next, the paint was clearly chip, should I replace the bumper?

IMG_9348.jpeg

Apparently, they left the door open without attendance. Then a gust blew it onto my rear bumper. Not sure what to do next, the paint was clearly chip, should I replace the bumper?

View attachment 13183
Could you take a zoomed out picture? Im having a hard time identifying what part of the bumper this is.

Take it to a Lucid approved body shop.

Could you take a zoomed out picture? Im having a hard time identifying what part of the bumper this is.
I think it's the rear bumper lower part on a white car. Maybe consider wrapping it after fix?

Ah, so unfortunate! Lucid approved body shop will be able to make that as good as new though so don't worry.

Probably won't need a new bumper but depends on what else was damaged (plastic clips)

I honestly, would just use a Dr. Colorchip kit and do the best. Plenty of horror stories here about getting body work done, especially for such a minor scrape.

I honestly, would just use a Dr. Colorchip kit and do the best. Plenty of horror stories here about getting body work done, especially for such a minor scrape.
Yea, I'm thinking touch it up. Do you have any particular product to recommend? Should I just go with any white Dr. Colorchip?

Yea, I'm thinking touch it up. Do you have any particular product to recommend? Should I just go with any white Dr. Colorchip?
L102 is the Stellar White, search for 2022 Lucid Air.

I really wish I could have gone that route, but mine had some support structures underneath that were damaged and the bumper no longer sat flush with the frunk, so it had to come off. @davidliu definitely just have a shop you trust touch up the paint with the correct color, looks doable based on the pics. I wouldn’t even bother using your insurance since it would cost less than what your deductible likely is.

View attachment 13183
Similar thing happened to mine. Be careful if you do replace bumper via insurance claim it will go on CarFax (mine has been verified pureley cosmetic). To avoid that I am going to pay out of pocket. It is $4100 for new bumper, paint, fitment, calibration and re-doing the PPF I had on there. The quote was from Lucid certified shop here in MPLS. Happy to chat more after it gets back to me.

Attachments

• 70597427583__37AD6E1B-D420-4C4F-BAA0-7EE301CC221F.jpeg
    70597427583__37AD6E1B-D420-4C4F-BAA0-7EE301CC221F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1191.jpeg
    IMG_1191.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 86
Similar thing happened to mine. Be careful if you do replace bumper via insurance claim it will go on CarFax (mine has been verified pureley cosmetic). To avoid that I am going to pay out of pocket. It is $4100 for new bumper, paint, fitment, calibration and re-doing the PPF I had on there. The quote was from Lucid certified shop here in MPLS. Happy to chat more after it gets back to me.
Ouch, thanks for letting me know the CarFax part. I'm definitely just going to touch it up myself.

Back