Q4 Results/Call

Rivian is also in the shit right now with cutting their numbers and part of their workforce. I do not care, as I am in the long haul for both and especially Lucid. I am still in the green for Lucid anyways...

What I can't rationalize is the Board's recent $6 million cash bonus award to Peter. Don't mind riding this pony for the long haul, but what kind of performance metrics results in a cash bonus in light of the reported numbers? Any insights would be appreciated.
I’m with you, it makes no sense. I know for certain I’m not seeing bonuses as a CEO unless good progress is being made.

What I can't rationalize is the Board's recent $6 million cash bonus award to Peter. Don't mind riding this pony for the long haul, but what kind of performance metrics results in a cash bonus in light of the reported numbers? Any insights would be appreciated.
Totally agree with you. Just odd to me. That is like paying someone in sales who is underperforming loads of money for not making your goal. But, Execs live in a different world, which makes no sense sometimes. 🙂

I’m with you, it makes no sense. I know for certain I’m not seeing bonuses as a CEO unless good progress is being made.
Do you guys all think contract bonuses are tied to delivery numbers only?

Peter gave a great answer about his compensation during the earnings call. I suggest listening.

I'm in it for the long haul as well. Growth takes time and I don't believe the company is going anywhere in the next few years barring anything unexpected. They simply make the best product, and I can't believe that a company making the best electric vehicle on the market will fail. I'm hoping the price continues to drop tomorrow so I can buy some more nice and cheap!

To me one of Lucid’s biggest Achilles heels is their marketing. People stop me to talk about the car, and about 7 out of 10 say - “Lucid - who makes it”. So frustrating.

EV savvy folks may know about Lucid but the general population certainly does not. They need to spend some money - smartly and soon - to get the brand recognition up, especially before Gravity comes out. Otherwise it’s going to be a Taylor Swift concert in Antarctica - great show but nobody’s listening.

Looking forward to an earnings report that excites the market. We've yet to have one.

To me one of Lucid’s biggest Achilles heels is their marketing. People stop me to talk about the car, and about 7 out of 10 say - “Lucid - who makes it”. So frustrating.

EV savvy folks may know about Lucid but the general population certainly does not. They need to spend some money - smartly and soon - to get the brand recognition up, especially before Gravity comes out. Otherwise it’s going to be a Taylor Swift concert in Antarctica - great show but nobody’s listening.
Not bad, 30% of the people who you talk to know about a brand new company that has only been around a short time.

Not bad, 30% of the people who you talk to know about a brand new company that has only been around a short time.
Fair point. But the ones who knew about it were nearly all current or prospective EV owners.

To me the Air is a specialized sports sedan/proof of concept with limited production. Amazing car in so many ways which will translate well to the Gravity.

I’m just afraid that Lucid, without more brand recognition, will miss a great opportunity. There is so much data on who is buying SUVs at that price point. Hopefully their marketing targets that demo.

Peter gave a great answer about his compensation during the earnings call. I suggest listening.
Just did entirely. No mention of recent bonus, even though Peter made a point of saying he had foregone any bonuses in 2023 and has not ever sold any company stock.

Automatic bonuses tied to nothing? Don't want to believe that. I will, if documented, but this isn't Mr. Musk directing his board to make arbitrary bonus awards to him, simply because he controls the stock. I hope there is something substantive behind the award.
Range- 440 miles, let’s see anyone else beat that!

Range- 440 miles, let’s see anyone else beat that!
Escalade IQ right now:

Now let’s see people beat the 3.6 mi/kwh… that’s a FAR bigger accomplishment than just 440, which can(and has) been beaten by huge batteries!

Just wondering:

Was Lucid's first full year for the AIR 2022 or 2023?

It's a crappy climate for EVs. However, I'd think with the 67k pricing, they'd sell more like 10k to 20k cars. (Tesla went from 3k to like 22k, but the market was theirs alone).

As a (semi) retired CEO, I can't imagine having Peter's job. All the first moves have bought EV's. Now, you have to sell to average people in a high-interest, semi-flat economic environment. Good that they set their goals low. MUCH better to exceed than to fall flat.

How long can Lucid survive if they sell 9k to 15k cars a year? I don't see the numbers increasing radically unless and until they are selling a 39k car, and then the competition will be brutal. Do they really want to compete with Kia and the like? Can they? Might be better to stay smaller and build in the high end? Sell the new SUV and build the infrastructure for higher-end cars like the Aston Martin's? Porsche made a fortune doing the same ....

Just a thought ...

Just wondering:

Was Lucid's first full year for the AIR 2022 or 2023?

It's a crappy climate for EVs. However, I'd think with the 67k pricing, they'd sell more like 10k to 20k cars. (Tesla went from 3k to like 22k, but the market was theirs alone).

As a (semi) retired CEO, I can't imagine having Peter's job. All the first moves have bought EV's. Now, you have to sell to average people in a high-interest, semi-flat economic environment. Good that they set their goals low. MUCH better to exceed than to fall flat.

How long can Lucid survive if they sell 9k to 15k cars a year? I don't see the numbers increasing radically unless and until they are selling a 39k car, and then the competition will be brutal. Do they really want to compete with Kia and the like? Can they? Might be better to stay smaller and build in the high end? Sell the new SUV and build the infrastructure for higher-end cars like the Aston Martin's? Porsche made a fortune doing the same ....

Just a thought ...
2022, although early 2022 was limited in terms of production!

Just did entirely. No mention of recent bonus, even though Peter made a point of saying he had foregone any bonuses in 2023 and has not ever sold any company stock.
This $6 million dollar bonus bothers me as well, since the numbers were so disappointing this last quarter.

I complained previously about the fact that Lucid does not have a car at the Oregon Auto Show here in Portland.

That $6 million dollars could have gone to making sure they had a car here as well as at other shows.

Rawlinson already received like a $500 million dollar bonus previously. That was fine then. It is not fine now. The money could have been spent better, getting the car into shows, shopping malls etc.

Yes I know all about contracts etc, but I don't believe bonuses should be awarded (contract or not), when the performance of sales was so poor.

My Lucid is a great car. This Performance bonus I believe was inappropriate based on the last quarter's numbers with the next quarter estimates not much better.

Yes I know that they are following a contract. But it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and I'm sure some others on this board feel the same.

This $6 million dollar bonus bothers me as well, since the numbers were so disappointing this last quarter.

I complained previously about the fact that Lucid does not have a car at the Oregon Auto Show here in Portland.

That $6 million dollars could have gone to making sure they had a car here as well as at other shows.

Rawlinson already received like a $500 million dollar bonus previously. That was fine then. It is not fine now. The money could have been spent better, getting the car into shows, shopping malls etc.

Yes I know all about contracts etc, but I don't believe bonuses should be awarded (contract or not), when the performance of sales was so poor.

My Lucid is a great car. This Performance bonus I believe was inappropriate based on the last quarter's numbers with the next quarter estimates not much better.

Yes I know that they are following a contract. But it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and I'm sure some others on this board feel the same.
Honestly, with the amazing product he has pioneered and all the long hours that he has put in, I think he deserves every penny.

Back