Pure or Touring??

dcase99

Verified Owner
Hi,

I have a dilemma (first world problem to be sure). I ordered a Pure in Mid Feb and it will be 2-4 months before it shows up. It's blue with 20-way seats and premium sound so far so good.....

Now the dilemma.... Lucid called me today and says there is a Touring, Blue, with 20-way seats, Dream Drive, but no premium sound...... For not much more $$, I get it by the end of March. Tempting....

Why should/shouldn't I go for/against the swap?

Only you can decide how important the sound system is to your ears. If you can go to a studio and ask to listen to the both versions from a USB stick or Tidal and then decide if it is worth the wait. Same with the other features on the Touring versus Pure, it is a personal decision. Both cars will be fun to drive and very comfortable.

I am a bit bias, but to me the Touring was a good middle ground. Of course I was also influence since it was there in the showroom and "no wait time" but as others said, you need to review what is important to you, range, extra features, etc.

I would say there's no real downsides to the Touring over the Pure. It's got the smaller battery so it has the lighter more nimble handling. And all the plusses on top of that, like having way more power and AWD.

Would agree with above, it really comes down to the sound system. I found the studio team pretty accommodating. Since you're in the late stages of buying, you should just ask them to let you spend some time in a demo car with SS and SSP, i'm sure they will not have any issue with that.

My opinion is, with SSP you have to listen really loud to hear the clarity of the system. At lower volumes with kid in the car, my wife was like...this audio system sounds weird lol. Then i blasted some tidal in atmos for her and she was like oh ok, yea that sounds good.

I have not heard the standard audio, so i can't give any opinion on it...Good luck making a decision though!

Hi,

I have a dilemma (first world problem to be sure). I ordered a Pure in Mid Feb and it will be 2-4 months before it shows up. It's blue with 20-way seats and premium sound so far so good.....

Now the dilemma.... Lucid called me today and says there is a Touring, Blue, with 20-way seats, Dream Drive, but no premium sound...... For not much more $$, I get it by the end of March. Tempting....

Either way, you should be good to go. But in my honest opinion, unless the Touring has much more than the 2024 Pure (and you need AWD), I would go with the Pure.

I have the 2023 Lucid Air Pure AWD in Fathom Blue, and it really is a dream to drive. It has 480 hp. The 2024 Pure RWD has 430 hp. There is not much difference between them.

I have heard the difference between Surreal Sound and Surreal Sound Pro. Being an audio enthusiast, I was very impressed with SS vs. SSP. But to be honest, either is a personal choice.

I like the traction control of AWD inasmuch as I live in New England where the weather can be treacherous and very unforgiving anytime the roads become inundated by snow or rain.

If money is no object (relatively speaking), the Touring gives you more comfortable seats, rear shades, premium sound, etc., but pound for pound, the Pure is no slouch to the Touring.

Whatever you choose, I have no doubt that you will be happy with either in the long run.

Good luck.

Hi,

With Touring, you get AWD, nicer interior, soft close doors, more power. Depends on how much you value a nicer sound system. I usually listen to the news and talk shows while driving so dont really care that much about a nicer sound system.

I have had a Pure with SSP since December. As much as I love power - and I do - I would not get another Lucid without SSP. Dolby Atmos has been one of my favorite things about the car, and the Pure is still plenty fast. If you don't really care about SSP, however, then definitely go for the Touring.

With Touring, you get AWD, nicer interior, soft close doors, more power.
With 2024s (like OP has ordered) nice interior/soft close doors aren't a differentiating factor any more. Just power and AWD

Thanks, everyone! Given that my last 2 cars (Audi S5's) had 11K and 13K miles on them at the end of their respective leases (yea I know I don't drive much :) ) I just can't see having the extra power being a differentiator. Although the AWD would be nice but in TX that doesn't get used much either. I think I'll stick with the Pure and the SSP since when I do drive I do enjoy great audio!

Hope you enjoy the car! see you in the roads of Texas...

Back